Bears hate cold??

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol the bears are crying that they have to play outside again.. Im starting to think they might look like fumbling bumbliing bears again this week.. Go vikes!!!!! any chance brett plays? I would love for min to pound them with petterson. Who would want to tackle that in freezing cold????? I see harvin is going to play thats GREAT news.

packerswin96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with the field they will be playing on, not that it is outdoors. Apparently it is a very hard field and it being so cold makes it that much more harder which could cause injuries.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll hate the Yikes even more after they lie down in this game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's music to the Packers ears unless the Bears are bluffing and they just whine by nature. If they really don't like the cold they cant' be looking forward to that last game in the frozen tundra, a.k.a. Lambeau Field. No dome there!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from peter king

"Understand that the Bears are not whining because they have to play in frigid weather Monday night. They just want to be sure they're not playing on a skating rink, with unforgiving turf, at the University of Minnesota's football field. "I feel for the Vikings,'' safety Chris Harris told me. "I know they're going through a lot of issues right now. But as player, I think what we're concerned with is making sure we're not going out there on a field that we'll have a much bigger risk of injury.'' I'm told this morning that the Vikings and the university plan to tarp the field over the weekend, blow hot air onto the field with six or eight blowers, and make sure the artificial surface is not rock-solid by the time the game kicks off. So the field shouldn't be a debacle by gametime."

Rex Grossman over Donovan McNabb? Redskins have some explaining to do - Peter King - SI.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone want to come with me while I go shut off the power to the blowers? lol.

Wonder how Cutler will feel after he takes a few hits on that rock solid ground...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ That's basically what the Eagles were complaining about. Field conditions resulting in injuries. That I can see as a viable complaint, weather conditions not so much. You just have to grin and bear it (no pun intended). For the life of me, I still can't figure out why they went through all the trouble and expenses of getting U of M ready when they could of played in Detroit. I understand it would ruin the home game but don't be freakin ridiculous.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ That's basically what the Eagles were complaining about. Field conditions resulting in injuries. That I can see as a viable complaint, weather conditions not so much. You just have to grin and bear it (no pun intended). For the life of me, I still can't figure out why they went through all the trouble and expenses of getting U of M ready when they could of played in Detroit. I understand it would ruin the home game but don't be freakin ridiculous.

I used to go to games at the vet and you could see concrete next to the field. LOL I assume it was like playing on black top

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bears lose-puts us closer to winning the division, hopefully they do
vikings lose- gives us more smack talk to talk crap to them about.=-)
either way we win??

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's exactly why. Vikings fans missed out on having one home game last weekend and would be missing out on having another one this weekend. As much as I love to pick on Vikings fans, imagine the Packers losing out on two home games because something happened to Lambeau Field? It would not be cool.

Plus there are a LOT more Bears fans nationally than Vikings fans. Hosting the game anywhere outside of Minnesota would all but assure the Bears wind up with homefield advantage.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to go to games at the vet and you could see concrete next to the field. LOL I assume it was like playing on black top

That brings back memories! I used to love games at the Vet but that field was brutal. Do you remember the year, it was right before they built the Linc, when they decided to put in grass (or something of the like) but it rained and the turf was unplayable for the Eagles season opener? They had to reschedule that game. I still remember the players pawing around with their feet and the turf just disintegrate under their feet. It was kind of funny looking back on it now but back then it was considered a disgrace and embarrassment. LOL. I miss the Vet!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's exactly why. Vikings fans missed out on having one home game last weekend and would be missing out on having another one this weekend. As much as I love to pick on Vikings fans, imagine the Packers losing out on two home games because something happened to Lambeau Field? It would not be cool.

Plus there are a LOT more Bears fans nationally than Vikings fans. Hosting the game anywhere outside of Minnesota would all but assure the Bears wind up with homefield advantage.

Oh Lord, maybe that's why the Bears are moaning! They are trying to capitalize on the Vikings misfortune! I can't see the logic of denying the Vikings a home game either if it is avoidable. The problem is if somebody, a Bears player, gets injured because of that field there is going to be chaos. They have the Eagles coming too and I have a funny feeling the Metrodome won't be ready in time for that game either. The Vikings don't have much left to lose if one or several of their players gets injured but the Bears and Eagles both have playoff potential and neither team can afford injuries.

Therefore I can see both sides having a valid point. Vikes want (and deserve) their home game and the Bears don't want to have to worry about the field taking out half their team (exaggerating on that last bit).

Reaction score
Very FIRST instance of something happening this year for the Bears that is NOT been favorable to them and they're crying about it? "Gift" game vs Detroit, "cupcake" road schedule which included Carolina? While we had to go to Atlanta? Only THREE tough road opponents {NYG "L", Miami and Minn} thus far, and they are about to play the second one of the three against another THIRD string QB? They get the Eagles and Jets at home! We run up and down the field on them all night only to end up giving the game to them on missed field goals, senseless penalties and a fumble that took a wrong bounce on the sidelines and stayed inbounds. They've managed to stay injury free this season while although we have been devastated by them, lost 4 games by 3 points, two of them in OT and last week's "Merry Christmas" gift package 4 point loss to Detroit. We could/should be undefeated while, with all the breaks they have had in conjunction with their schedule should be running away with this division. And they are complaining? Come on man. No, I don't want to see anyone get injured, but it's not like NO NFL team has ever had to play on a rock hard icy surface before. I don't feel sorry for them at all and I hope Minny beats them on a last second field goal that just clears the cross bar. VBG!!! :happy0005:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Lord, maybe that's why the Bears are moaning! They are trying to capitalize on the Vikings misfortune! I can't see the logic of denying the Vikings a home game either if it is avoidable. The problem is if somebody, a Bears player, gets injured because of that field there is going to be chaos. They have the Eagles coming too and I have a funny feeling the Metrodome won't be ready in time for that game either. The Vikings don't have much left to lose if one or several of their players gets injured but the Bears and Eagles both have playoff potential and neither team can afford injuries.

Therefore I can see both sides having a valid point. Vikes want (and deserve) their home game and the Bears don't want to have to worry about the field taking out half their team (exaggerating on that last bit).

Actually they go to Philly and then Detroit, so it won't matter.

And I know this probably makes me an *******, but I'm not going to have any sympathy for Bears players getting hurt. Sorry, I'm just not. Not after the hell we've been through this season.

Besides, officials have said all this hub bub about the field is a gross over-reaction. The field will be in better condition than it was the last time the Gophers played on it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets just say I wouldnt be terribly upset if a few bears went on the IR after a big hit or two monday night.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Kitten+bloodbath = doesn't compute!!!! Oxymoron if there every was one! LOL!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OK then, let the bloodbath begin.

You continue to crack me up. You start off saying you hope no one gets hurt and that maybe it would be better if the game was in Detroit. Now it's let the bloodbath begin.

I could care less if Viking or Bear players get injured. Their fans have been in Heaven watching us lose starter after starter.

I know that sounds mean, so I will go to confession next week and confess my sins.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You continue to crack me up. You start off saying you hope no one gets hurt and that maybe it would be better if the game was in Detroit. Now it's let the bloodbath begin.

I could care less if Viking or Bear players get injured. Their fans have been in Heaven watching us lose starter after starter.

I know that sounds mean, so I will go to confession next week and confess my sins.

Sorry for the confusion but I kind of get caught between being nice and being naughty. Would you cats rather have me all nice or all naughty or somewhere in between? LOL!

I try so hard to be a good Kitten but in the end I almost always give in to the temptation of the Dark Side. It's also harder to be fair and objective when discussing the Vikings and Bears. If it was any other teams I probably wouldn't bother showing my fangs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts