Bears Fan Here Wishing You Good Luck

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad someone else sees that the Hurricane Katrina jokes are a bad taste, and it's not something I like to hear either. I lost a house to that storm, and countless businesses were washed out in my home town down here. I've lived through some bad storms, but I don't think that one can be topped. We got it bad over here in Alabama too.

I agree. I draw the line with that. I've lived in Florida for 3 years and during that time I've experienced enough hurricanes to last me a lifetime. I think, even with the poorest of sportsmanship, there is a line to be crossed and this crosses it. Still, I'm not about to give up on the whole fan base because of some bad apples. Every fan base has their share, some more than others.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I went to a soccer match when I was in England last week.....there was no such thing as sportsmanship. We have it pretty good here. There were some scary moments outside the stadium when I was over there.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't like the jokes. I live in a hurricane area as well and got hit with several in '04. However, what I dislike is years later they are still playing the Katrina card in New Orleans. Like NO was the only city that took a beating. Many other communities were hit hard but you never hear of them. If you live below sea level next to he sea, expect to get flooded. It would be like the Dolphins still harping in Andrew years later. The Homestead area still has not fully recovered.

I agree, N.O. wasn't the only one that got a beating by Katrina. Mobile counties got it here in Alabama, and I can't even describe how bad Biloxi Mississippi got hit when I seen the damage. Some of the cities outside of Louisiana got really over shadowed.

The thing that bothers me the most is just watching the Saints and some ******* commentator has to say "The post Katrina Saints" like they never had any good players or winning seasons before Katrina.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I agree, N.O. wasn't the only one that got a beating by Katrina. Mobile counties got it here in Alabama, and I can't even describe how bad Biloxi Mississippi got hit when I seen the damage. Some of the cities outside of Louisiana got really over shadowed.

The thing that bothers me the most is just watching the Saints and some ******* commentator has to say "The post Katrina Saints" like they never had any good players or winning seasons before Katrina.
They had a Manning at one time! :D

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, our offensive line is complete trash with out lance and gabe. It was fine the first game of the season when we had them both starting, but when they were both out the second game, the saints took advantage of that and it showed how bad we really needed them. Though, some of us also have reason to believe that olin kreutz also gave in some info on our offense to sean payton. Saints secondary covered too well and knew exactly where we would be throwing the ball or when we would be running.

edit: Actually, i'm pretty positive the line is still bad with gabe and lance starting but it's getting better. Lance will be starting this sunday, but gabe will be out for as month. That mean you'll be taking advantage of the right which has omiyale (oh dear) blocking.

Omiyale? Based on your reaction, I'm guessing he's the Bears' Barbre. We had a comparatively bad o-line back in 2009. Much like yours, we missed valuable tackles such as Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher, and had to rely on terrible backups. The result? Well, remember the 2009 Vikings-Packers Monday Night Football game? the one where Jared Allen got about 6 sacks? Yeah, draw your own conclusions from that. I'm sure it'll get better as the season goes on, and your injured tackles come back.

Rodgers always has a hard time with your secondary. What defensive backs does he need to watch out for? And, how is your WR corps? I'm not seeing many Bears fans reacting positively to the Roy Williams signing.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can only hope for the injury free part...but with Soldier Field always in the running for the "crappiest" field in the NFL; I'm not so confident that will happen!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can only hope for the injury free part...but with Soldier Field always in the running for the "crappiest" field in the NFL; I'm not so confident that will happen!
Are you sure they haven't taken care of the problem yet?

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that there were some problems with field conditions early in the pre-season...hopefully all better now! :)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to say good luck to you guys this sunday and lets have an injury free game!
Go to HELL, A**hole!

There. I restored the natural order of things. Come on guys, no telling what kind of apocalyptic crap can happen if we upset the natural order of things.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Bears/Pack playoff I find myself wondering why don't Da Bears start Caleb Hanie instead?
Yeah, he did make the game losing INTs but I think he could be better than Jay Cutler.

OP
OP
ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Omiyale? Based on your reaction, I'm guessing he's the Bears' Barbre. We had a comparatively bad o-line back in 2009. Much like yours, we missed valuable tackles such as Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher, and had to rely on terrible backups. The result? Well, remember the 2009 Vikings-Packers Monday Night Football game? the one where Jared Allen got about 6 sacks? Yeah, draw your own conclusions from that. I'm sure it'll get better as the season goes on, and your injured tackles come back.

Rodgers always has a hard time with your secondary. What defensive backs does he need to watch out for? And, how is your WR corps? I'm not seeing many Bears fans reacting positively to the Roy Williams signing.

Our secondary is over rated. Harris might play, it's a 50-50 chance, major is still developing, steltz isnt that great, conte is still developing also. Only one I like and think is good is meriweather. He'll be playing with steltz this sunday. It's still too early to tell if roy was a good signing or a bad one. Personally, i'm not a fan of it, he was out of shape in training camp and had a horrible one too.

OP
OP
ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Bears/Pack playoff I find myself wondering why don't Da Bears start Caleb Hanie instead?
Yeah, he did make the game losing INTs but I think he could be better than Jay Cutler.

After watching hanie for some time now, he is no where near as good as cutler. He'll always be a back up

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.... The Bears that played the Saints are not going to be the same Bears that play us....

Absolutely... the Bears could have the worst record but will ALWAYS show up for the Packers and give the Pack a hard time. Lets hope for an injury-free classic game. With a Packers win of course.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

I don't know how they didn't even try making him the starter. Yeah he threw picks but when it counted, he was trying, and he completed more passes than the quitter. The game was over for Cutler right after it became 14-0. He was hanging his head down, and the look on his face showed how much he really cared. I would have believed he really was injured, IF he was on the side line with a clip board or something trying to help them. Instead he just sat there. Tony Romo came back into a game last week with a punctured lung and a cracked rib and that showed how much he wanted to win a regular season game. But in the NFC Championship, you would think anyone would want to get back into the game.

OP
OP
ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how they didn't even try making him the starter. Yeah he threw picks but when it counted, he was trying, and he completed more passes than the quitter. The game was over for Cutler right after it became 14-0. He was hanging his head down, and the look on his face showed how much he really cared. I would have believed he really was injured, IF he was on the side line with a clip board or something trying to help them. Instead he just sat there. Tony Romo came back into a game last week with a punctured lung and a cracked rib and that showed how much he wanted to win a regular season game. But in the NFC Championship, you would think anyone would want to get back into the game.

Actually, you're wrong, don't jump the on the bus that the media offered to you. Coach Lovie is the one who took him out and wouldn't let him back in. Also what good is a quaterback who cant plant his back foot to throw? Hanie said Cutler was also talking to him after each drive but you didn't see it because the media didn't show you that.
Cutler actually suffered a Grade II MCL tear in his knee. Picture a thick rope. Then think about what would happen if that rope were pulled so hard that the fibers stretched and began to tear. Now imagine that rope is inside your knee.

Yep, that would hurt.

Members online

Latest posts