Bears Fan Here. (Be nice :))

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome Bearsfan!

This is going to be an epic game to say the very least. I'm so excited, and can't wait till Sunday!!!

(This thread makes me wonder...How many Packer fans are visiting the Bears forum?)

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears Fan, you'll find that these Cheeseheads are very civil and give respect where respect is due. I'm a die-hard Vikings fan and they have been really accommodating and friendly. A big SKOL to both teams. Glad to see the NFC North well represented in the championship game!

(Think what the ratings would have been like if it were Seattle-Atlanta... I would have rather watched a Time Life Country Music infomercial for 3 hours)

Good luck to you all!

~Val

The guys at Fox studios are still giving high fives for landing this game

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Welcome Bearsfan!

This is going to be an epic game to say the very least. I'm so excited, and can't wait till Sunday!!!

(This thread makes me wonder...How many Packer fans are visiting the Bears forum?)

I've read some Bears forums. They are just as nervous as we are about losing the game except for the Homers who think they should be buying SB tickets already. The Bear fans know this is going to be a EPIC battle.

The insults on the Packers are pretty vicious. Like hoping injuries etc. The level headed Bears fans try to inject some sanity, but homers are homers.

I'm glad this forum keeps that crap talk in check for the most part.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, thats funny. Just popped in here to wish you guys good luck and see another Bears fan on here.

How cool is this, the oldest rivalry in football and it's for the right to play in the Super Bowl. Seriously, in my opinion this, at least for Bears fans, bigger than the Super Bowl. I haven't been this excited for a game since we went to the Super Bowl. Of course that was short lived.

You couldn't have written this any better. A Bears team on the verge of getting it's quarterback killed by not protecting him early in the season comes back to get into the NFC Championship game. A Packers team thought eliminated early during the season comes back as a wildcard to beat two great teams and make the NFC Championship game. Both teams faced each other twice and each walked away with a victory and a loss. Both games were very close. Now they face each other at both their primes for all the marbles. Bears try and send the Packers home in front of their home crowd and the Packers want to hoist the Halas trophy in Soldier Field. This is crazy.

Seriously, you guys have an awesome team. We love to hate the Packers but they are just too damn good to deny the talent. I also hope it is an injury free day and that the game lives up to what we all think it is. I am rooting for the Bears but if the Packers win, (Dad, please forgive me for saying this) I will root for the Packers in the Super Bowl. So good luck guys, this is gonna be a blast!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
3 different NFC North teams in the NFC Championship game in 2 years. That has got to be a record.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, thats funny. Just popped in here to wish you guys good luck and see another Bears fan on here.

How cool is this, the oldest rivalry in football and it's for the right to play in the Super Bowl. Seriously, in my opinion this, at least for Bears fans, bigger than the Super Bowl. I haven't been this excited for a game since we went to the Super Bowl. Of course that was short lived.

You couldn't have written this any better. A Bears team on the verge of getting it's quarterback killed by not protecting him early in the season comes back to get into the NFC Championship game. A Packers team thought eliminated early during the season comes back as a wildcard to beat two great teams and make the NFC Championship game. Both teams faced each other twice and each walked away with a victory and a loss. Both games were very close. Now they face each other at both their primes for all the marbles. Bears try and send the Packers home in front of their home crowd and the Packers want to hoist the Halas trophy in Soldier Field. This is crazy.

Seriously, you guys have an awesome team. We love to hate the Packers but they are just too damn good to deny the talent. I also hope it is an injury free day and that the game lives up to what we all think it is. I am rooting for the Bears but if the Packers win, (Dad, please forgive me for saying this) I will root for the Packers in the Super Bowl. So good luck guys, this is gonna be a blast!

LOL if Bears pull it out & the Steelers beat the Jets I will be quietly rooting for the Bears, I don't like the Steelers and I'm sick of hearing about them..I think there are some players that are deserving to win a Superbowl & I'm speaking about Urlacher & Peppers

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL if Bears pull it out & the Steelers beat the Jets I will be quietly rooting for the Bears, I don't like the Steelers and I'm sick of hearing about them..I think there are some players that are deserving to win a Superbowl & I'm speaking about Urlacher & Peppers

I know we are supposed to hate the Bears, but I feel the same way. I would be happy for Cutler, I took his side when he left Denver. Imagine how any good QB would feel if a new snot-nosed kid came in and started shopping him around behind his back because he wanted Cassell. I also respect the way they reinvented their team this year, it does remind me of the Packers. No one respected the Bears and no one respected the Pack after all the injuries. If the Packers can't go all the way I hope it's the Bears. However, I will eat those words if Hester runs it for a td on the first possession, then it's war.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, not one chance in hellz I'll ever root for the Bears. I'd rather root for the Jets or Patriots as much as I hate those cheaters.
I am not suggesting the Bears are cheaters, I'm just telling you I am never in my life ever going to root for the Bears. Not ever. Never!
My favorite team each week is the Packers and whoever is playing the Bores.
Sorry, no feel good story from this fan, **** the Bores.
A loss and a Bears win in the SB would be the ultimate nightmare scenario. It just can't happen because I've led a good cheese life. Cheesus would come through for me. He is after all Vince's son.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, not one chance in hellz I'll ever root for the Bears. I'd rather root for the Jets or Patriots as much as I hate those cheaters.
I am not suggesting the Bears are cheaters, I'm just telling you I am never in my life ever going to root for the Bears. Not ever. Never!
My favorite team each week is the Packers and whoever is playing the Bores.
Sorry, no feel good story from this fan, **** the Bores.
A loss and a Bears win in the SB would be the ultimate nightmare scenario. It just can't happen because I've led a good cheese life. Cheesus would come through for me. He is after all Vince's son.

I can appreciate your passion for the Packers and the rivalry. May the best team win.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello nice Bears fan! You are proof that not all Bears fans are bad. In fact there are several different nice Bears fans that post here on a regular basis. I wish you well in the game, I can't say much about the Bears without feeling like I'm being disloyal to my Packers. It's going to be a great game, no doubt about that. Your Bears must of done something right to get to the NFC Championship game, so congrats for that!

Wishing you a good week and a good football came to come!

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with DevilDon, as good of a game as this is shaping up to be, the only team i would root for in the Super Bowl other than the Packers is the Falcons, because they are a good team and they are classy. Win or ......um not-win, the bears are a rival, and i do not root for rivals unless it helps the packers. for the bears to have bragging rights gives me knots in my stomach. sorry nice bears fan, i love my packers to much. GO PACK GO!

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all good, I certainly can appreciate loyalty. Put your banner up today, you won't need it next week :)

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am with DevilDon, as good of a game as this is shaping up to be, the only team i would root for in the Super Bowl other than the Packers is the Falcons, because they are a good team and they are classy. Win or ......um not-win, the bears are a rival, and i do not root for rivals unless it helps the packers. for the bears to have bragging rights gives me knots in my stomach. sorry nice bears fan, i love my packers to much. GO PACK GO!

I truly think the Pack will win the SB. However, we have 3 other choices if they don't. I'm getting tired of Pittsburgh going, and I normally I would have said Jets before Chicago hands down, but the Jets have been way too obnxious lately. I respect the Bears players, especially Urlacher, Peppers, and Hester. And I liked that they made it a point to say nice things about our QB. Remember the restaurant thing in Chicago? They didn't have to do that. Doesn't mean I'm wishing them luck!!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys are hyping this game up so much, it ****** me off... because I HAVE TO WORK!!!!! What are the chances ppl will come into the pharmacy for drugs after the game? And how respectful do you think they'll be in not talking about the game while at the pharmacy? Ppl have been pretty respectful everytime I worked during a packer game this far.

I don't think ppl are going to the bars afterwards since the day after is Sunday so... who knows.

We got it covered. My son and his wife are both Pharm D/ bears talk smack, they will get an overdose of ******.

After 52 years of going to packer games, watching games, listening to games, I have seen it all. This Bear fan is nice but we still need to say :chisux:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If I ever cheered for the Bears, I would be disrespecting my grandparents, my parents, all my aunts and uncles, all my cousins.....ain't gonna happen.

Midway Monster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Bears fan dropping by to say good luck to the Pack...just not as good as luck as the Bears. I cannot remember being this excited for a Bears/Packer game. I hope neither team gives the game away. I hope the team that wins, wins by good, tough football.

The aspect I love about this game, both teams are cold weather teams. There will be no whiners about how dome teams have the disadvantage in the elements.

If the Packers do win, I would root for them in the SB. I cannot stand slimy Big Ben, and have never really been a Jets fan.

The best possible outcome...the Bears win and Matthews falls in love with Chicago and demands a trade!

My question, how nervous are you gonna be when they return from that final commercial break and the teams are lining up for the kickoff?

Lets get to Sunday already!!!!!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
If I ever cheered for the Bears, I would be disrespecting my grandparents, my parents, all my aunts and uncles, all my cousins.....ain't gonna happen.

I hear you. My grandmother used to literally spit when she'd speak the name "George Halas". Her face would wrinkle and she'd kind of say it slowly, too. She was seriously hard core. LOL

Just for you, Gram (LOL):

:chisux:

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I don't spit at Vince Lombardi because I realize how integral he and George Halas were to professional football. Yes we all chant "Packers Suck" but thats part of the fun, it is a rivalry. We curse them and say mean things but we don't really mean them. When watching we scream "Someone kill Rodgers and knock him out of the game" but we absolutely dont mean it. At the end of the day I want Bears AND Packers players to come off the field unhurt. Whether we win or lose it's always nice to see the players coming over and shaking each others hands after the game.

As for this season, and most, I get so tired about hearing how great the AFC is. If we lose I want the NFC to take it.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Well I don't spit at Vince Lombardi because I realize how integral he and George Halas were to professional football. Yes we all chant "Packers Suck" but thats part of the fun, it is a rivalry. We curse them and say mean things but we don't really mean them. When watching we scream "Someone kill Rodgers and knock him out of the game" but we absolutely dont mean it. At the end of the day I want Bears AND Packers players to come off the field unhurt. Whether we win or lose it's always nice to see the players coming over and shaking each others hands after the game.

As for this season, and most, I get so tired about hearing how great the AFC is. If we lose I want the NFC to take it.

Agree with all this - though I never wish, even jokingly, for someone to be knocked out of a game - if someone is that good, I want my team to prove they can beat him, not the guy behind him on the depth chart.

(I suspect that's what you're saying as well.)

Don't take my grandmother's hissing of "Halas" too personally - it was pretty much the equivalent saying she hated the Bears, because in 1967, big, fat senior citizens from the old country didn't say anybody "sucks". It just wasn't part of her vocabulary. :smile:

P.S. She grew up in Chicago, for what it's worth. :wink:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Here is a hint about class, I was 14 and rode on an elevator with Mr. Halas. I asked for his autograph and he said "FU...go ask Bart Starr!" Happy ending, 2 years later, Bart Starr was my neighbor. I doubt if Lombardi ever said FU to a 14 year old kid.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Wow, I agree with this wholeheartedly. My friends (mostly Bills, Jets, Dolphins fans) talk all the time about how weak the NFC is. I told myself that no matter what happened, I was rooting for the NFC.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Here is a hint about class, I was 14 and rode on an elevator with Mr. Halas. I asked for his autograph and he said "FU...go ask Bart Starr!" Happy ending, 2 years later, Bart Starr was my neighbor. I doubt if Lombardi ever said FU to a 14 year old kid.

Wow. Are you serious?? Wow.

I guess Grandma was right after all. And I'm absolutely sure you're right about Lombardi.

Members online

Latest posts