Bears better thank the refs.

V

Vikeman

I can take a packer fan talking smack but the thought of a bears fan bragging makes me ill.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
PackerChick said:
Philtration said:
yourout said:
Obvious block in the back on the FG return.
Phantom Pass Interference on Niners along with BS roughing the
passer leading to the 2nd TD.

Granted trying the FG was a pretty dumb move by the coach.

Gee...if it weren’t for that the Packers would be in first place I bet..

And Phil, those orange jerseys really suck.

Agreed.

you see eye to eye with me for a change? :shock:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
Minnesota Vikings 1969 NFL champions...this was pre superbowl when that game was meaningless. I knew as a bear fan you would revert to the past, that's all you have...that's common when you have nowhere else to go. Don't fall in line with many Packer fans who talk about the championships they won when there were 4 teams in the league and the forward pass had not been invented yet.

This is something I will never understand. I call out the 2005 Chicago Bears as a fraud (which pretty much everyone knows) and I get told about the past? What the hell has your team done this year or better yet since 1985 to brag about?

Super Bowl: lost 7 - 23 vs. Kansas City Chiefs

There were more than 20 teams during the time the Packers won their championships.

Maybe I'm being an idiot and missing something here??

edit, their first championship 1929 there were 12 teams

1906 (well before the packers won their first championship)
The forward pass was legalized. The first authenticated pass completion in a pro game came on October 27, when George (Peggy) Parratt of Massillon threw a completion to Dan (Bullet) Riley in a victory over a combined Benwood-Moundsville team. Arch-rivals Canton and Massillon, the two best pro teams in America, played twice, with Canton winning the first game but Massillon winning the second and the Ohio League championship. A betting scandal and the financial disaster wrought upon the two clubs by paying huge salaries caused a temporary decline in interest in pro football in the two cities and, somewhat, throughout Ohio.

V

Vikeman

It was not called a superbowl back then...the game was meaningless. The Vikes were the champions of the nfl not the NFC...that's what your not getting. Thanks for the lesson in the coming of the forward pass. I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

By the way we may not have a superbowl title but the Minnesota Vikings have been one of the most successful orginizations in all of sports. The Vikings may have a year here or there where they are not contenders but for the most part they are always in the mix. Never cellar dwellers for more then a year. We will get a superbowl title...it's inevitable. Then we get to look forward to Pack fans saying well "Talk to us when you have two". So it's a losing battle.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
It was not called a superbowl back then...the game was meaningless. The Vikes were the champions of the nfl not the NFC...that's what your not getting. Thanks for the lesson in the coming of the forward pass. I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

By the way we may not have a superbowl title but the Minnesota Vikings have been one of the most successful orginizations in all of sports. The Vikings may have a year here or there where they are not contenders but for the most part they are always in the mix. Never cellar dwellers for more then a year. We will get a superbowl title...it's inevitable. Then we get to look forward to Pack fans saying well "Talk to us when you have two". So it's a losing battle.

Super Bowl appearances: IV (lost), VIII (lost), IX (lost), XI (lost)

IV = 1969

Talk when you win HALF of the NFL Championships as the Packers :p

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
I can take a packer fan talking smack but the thought of a bears fan bragging makes me ill.

That's Legionnaires’ disease from breathing ventilated air pumped into the gayest football stadium in the history of the NFL.

By the way, you were right about the Bears being exposed this weekend. Now everyone in the country knows that they have the best defense in the league and are on pace to easily break the record for fewest points allowed in a season. Good luck on your big Monday night battle for last place.
:D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea why this bears team excites you. Yes, best defense in the league. Ive said that for 5 weeks now, but they have no offense. Thomas Jones is not a starter(ask the bucs), but he has played very well. He is playing like a man fighting for his job, i like that heart. BUT, he has already been knicked up a bit. Peterson has shown flashes and might be the most effective in your postseason prayers. Benson is inconsistent and..hurt. The reason I bring up the RBs is because thats all you have for offense. Everyone and their mother knows Orton isnt very good, but he doesnt have to be...except in the postseason. That great defense alone wont get you far. enjoy the ride i guess? have fun

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I have no idea why this bears team excites you. Yes, best defense in the league. Ive said that for 5 weeks now, but they have no offense. Thomas Jones is not a starter(ask the bucs), but he has played very well. He is playing like a man fighting for his job, i like that heart. BUT, he has already been knicked up a bit. Peterson has shown flashes and might be the most effective in your postseason prayers. Benson is inconsistent and..hurt. The reason I bring up the RBs is because thats all you have for offense. Everyone and their mother knows Orton isnt very good, but he doesnt have to be...except in the postseason. That great defense alone wont get you far. enjoy the ride i guess? have fun

The Bucs thought that Steve Young was not a starter either. I guess that Jones, Peterson and Benson will never be as good as...... Samkon Gato? Hahahahaaaaaa....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones,Peterson, and Benson are very good....when healthy, and benson and jones showed that could be a worry...

wow, a Samkon Gado cheapshot...nice...mock a guy who went over 100 yards and 3 touchdowns. Hahahahahah?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Jones,Peterson, and Benson are very good....when healthy, and benson and jones showed that could be a worry...

wow, a Samkon Gado cheapshot...nice...mock a guy who went over 100 yards and 3 touchdowns. Hahahahahah?

You crack me up! According to you the Bears win 6 games in a row, have the best defense in the NFL, are in running away with their division, beat one of the top teams in the NFC today while sacking a Super Bowl QB 8 times while holding the best DE in the league (Peppers) to being a non-factor in the game and it is nothing but luck. The refs helped them out. The wind was blowing too hard. They have a great running game because Orton sucks. Orton sucks because he is not Rodgers.
The White Sox are going to get slapped around in the playoffs when they face the big bad Boston Red Sox and they are just front-runners. You can’t wait for them to fail on “the biggest stage of them allâ€

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

You crack me up! According to you the Bears win 6 games in a row, have the best defense in the NFL, are in running away with their division, beat one of the top teams in the NFC today while sacking a Super Bowl QB 8 times while holding the best DE in the league (Peppers) to being a non-factor in the game and it is nothing but luck. The refs helped them out. The wind was blowing too hard. They have a great running game because Orton sucks. Orton sucks because he is not Rodgers.
The White Sox are going to get slapped around in the playoffs when they face the big bad Boston Red Sox and they are just front-runners. You can’t wait for them to fail on “the biggest stage of them allâ€

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I never said it was luck. thanks for putting words in my mouth, :urstupid:

(sorry about that smilie, i seen it and couldnt resist)

I am sure that this is not the first time that a guy has put something in your mouth.

Members online

Latest posts