Be the GM

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Let's pretend it's Madden and you're controlling the Packers. What do you do to fix their issues? Who do you trade for? Who do you draft? Let's play GM.

Keep in mind you aren't restricted to what Ted would do, this is what YOU would do. Go nuts. You want to trade our whole draft to Minnesota for Brett Favre? Go for it.

I'll start.

Draft Day:
----------
1. TRADED TO CHARGERS for RB/KR Darren Sproles.
2. Charles Brown, OT, USC
3. TRADED TO EAGLES for QB Michael Vick
4. TRADED TO EAGLES for QB Michael Vick
5. Best CB available
6. Best K available
7. Best P available

We're running the Wildcat in the Jesse-as-GM era. No bigger threat than Michael Vick out of the Cat, me thinks. The Eagles didn't use it enough for it to have a true impact.

FA Signings:
------------
Darren Sharper, S, New Orleans

Sharper will learn to play SS. And we will ballhawk like no team in history.

Your turn. Go!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let's pretend it's madden and you're controlling the packers. What do you do to fix their issues? Who do you trade for? Who do you draft? Let's play gm.

Keep in mind you aren't restricted to what ted would do, this is what you would do. Go nuts. You want to trade our whole draft to minnesota for brett favre? Go for it.

I'll start.

Draft day:
----------
1. Traded to chargers for rb/kr darren sproles.
2. Charles brown, ot, usc
3. Traded to eagles for qb michael vick
4. Traded to eagles for qb michael vick
5. Best cb available
6. Best k available
7. Best p available

we're running the wildcat in the jesse-as-gm era. No bigger threat than michael vick out of the cat, me thinks. The eagles didn't use it enough for it to have a true impact.

Fa signings:
------------
darren sharper, s, new orleans

sharper will learn to play ss. And we will ballhawk like no team in history.

Your turn. Go!
hey, packerpower, get off of jess' account!!!!!

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
hey, packerpower, get off of jess' account!!!!!
ZING! :lol:

I have no doubt I would run the team directly into the ground. Like I said, I'm not suggesting any of this, it's just like some "never going to happen but wouldn't it be cool if we did this" type of scenario stuff.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I'll pretend:

draft day: (Won't get into trades, because they're too unpredictable)
---------
1) Charles Brown (LT, USC)
2) Chad Jones (S , LSU)
3) Donovan Warren (Cb, Michigan)
4) Pat Angerer (ILB, Iowa)
5a) C.J. Wilson (DE, East Carolina)
5b) O'Brien Schofield (OLB, Wisconsin)
6) Trinton Holliday (KR, LSU)
7) Zac Robinson (QB, Oklahoma State)

Fa signing:
----------

Hunter Smith, P

--/--

This to me would be the closest to the ideal scenario. If we could trade down, still get Charles Brown, and get more picks, then it would be the trully ideal scenario. Or if we could trade Colledge and get a early third rounder, another good scenario...

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If were getting Madden style crazy here, I'm trading a 1st and a 3rd for Ndmandi Asoughma and hoping Taylor Mays slips to the 2nd round where I trade up for him. My however-many draft picks I have left to O-line and special team players. With Wood-Asoughma-Harris-Williams-Collins- and Mays, teams aren't throwing for 400 yards on us anymore. I then trade Jarrett Bush for a sparkly sticker, and fall asleep laughing knowing I pulled one over on somebody. :Heristical:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The intelligence of the CPU in Madden is so messed up. It's possible to trade all of our picks away and get 3-4 1st round picks, which is what I would do. With 4 1st rounders I'd take:

1a) Eric Berry
1b) Russell Okung
1c) Sergio Kindle
1d) CJ Spiller

Simulate all the games and you'll find the Packers going to the superbowl... guaranteed.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If were getting Madden style crazy here, I'm trading a 1st and a 3rd for Ndmandi Asoughma and hoping Taylor Mays slips to the 2nd round where I trade up for him. My however-many draft picks I have left to O-line and special team players. With Wood-Asoughma-Harris-Williams-Collins- and Mays, teams aren't throwing for 400 yards on us anymore. I then trade Jarrett Bush for a sparkly sticker, and fall asleep laughing knowing I pulled one over on somebody. :Heristical:

Your best move was trading for the sticker.....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like the Ndmandi part. Dude sounds like he was a character in avatar. We would be the best D in the league, even with Aj Hawk.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I'll pretend:

draft day: (Won't get into trades, because they're too unpredictable)
---------
1) Charles Brown (LT, USC)
2) Chad Jones (S , LSU)
3) Donovan Warren (Cb, Michigan)
4) Pat Angerer (ILB, Iowa)
5a) C.J. Wilson (DE, East Carolina)
5b) O'Brien Schofield (OLB, Wisconsin)
6) Trinton Holliday (KR, LSU)
7) Zac Robinson (QB, Oklahoma State)

Fa signing:
----------

Hunter Smith, P

--/--

This to me would be the closest to the ideal scenario. If we could trade down, still get Charles Brown, and get more picks, then it would be the trully ideal scenario. Or if we could trade Colledge and get a early third rounder, another good scenario...
I love that draft of yours. I could totally be happy with that. But I thought we also had two 6th rounders. I am wanting to get a punter somewhere in there.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that draft of yours. I could totally be happy with that. But I thought we also had two 6th rounders. I am wanting to get a punter somewhere in there.
No. The compensatory for the Long Snapper that went to Carolina is a 2011 7th rounder...

We got only a 5th this year from Colin Cole, that went to the Seahawks...

SidelineScouting

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Day:
1.) Best available LT (hopefully Charles Brown or Campbell are there)
2.) Best available pass rush OLB (Ricky Sapp?)
3.) Best available corner (Akwasi Owunsu-Ansah?)
4.) Best available RB (Blount? McKnight?)
5.) OLine
6.) BPA
7.) BPA

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Day:
1.) Best available LT (hopefully Charles Brown or Campbell are there)
2.) Best available pass rush OLB (Ricky Sapp?)
3.) Best available corner (Akwasi Owunsu-Ansah?)
4.) Best available RB (Blount? McKnight?)
5.) OLine
6.) BPA
7.) BPA
I didn't see that much in Akwasi from film... Didn't see any of his games.

Some project that Donovan Warren from Michigan might fall to the 3rd based on his 40... Some think that Perish Cox would fall to us.

I'd rather have both. But I totally agree with your philosophy. Would only add a S somewhere...

JK_JEEP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's pretend it's Madden and you're controlling the Packers. What do you do to fix their issues? Who do you trade for? Who do you draft? Let's play GM.

Keep in mind you aren't restricted to what Ted would do, this is what YOU would do. Go nuts. You want to trade our whole draft to Minnesota for Brett Favre? Go for it.

I'll start.

Draft Day:
----------
1. TRADED TO CHARGERS for RB/KR Darren Sproles.
2. Charles Brown, OT, USC
3. TRADED TO EAGLES for QB Michael Vick
4. TRADED TO EAGLES for QB Michael Vick
5. Best CB available
6. Best K available
7. Best P available

We're running the Wildcat in the Jesse-as-GM era. No bigger threat than Michael Vick out of the Cat, me thinks. The Eagles didn't use it enough for it to have a true impact.

FA Signings:
------------
Darren Sharper, S, New Orleans

Sharper will learn to play SS. And we will ballhawk like no team in history.

Your turn. Go!

I wouldn't be opposed to trading our 1st and 3rd picks but it sure as heck wouldn't be for a 3rd down back and a back up QB..... I'd target Shaun Merriman or Elvis Dummervill. I think Asomugha is under contract with Oakland right now.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were running the show this is what I would do.

First round - IF Iupatai is there I take him, if not I would take Charles Brown.

Second round - If I got Iupatai and Brown was some how available I would select him, if not then I would select the highest rated player on my board for CB, safety, OLB

Third round - Having gone defense in the second, would be looking for the best Offensive tackle.

Fourth round - again I would get the highest rated player on my board for the CB, safety, OLB

5th round with 2 choices - If any kick returners/CB that rate high or ILB or OLB to help for depth on defense and special teams.

6th and 7th rounds - best player available that I think can make the squad.

We need a solid offensive line for the Packers to take the next step, I feel that the defense can improve with the current players (Raji, Wynn, Jones, and Underwood) should make great strides in their second year. Adding some more rookies for the defense for depth is key, keeping Bush out of the starting line up.

For my second round choice I still may draft a LT prospect if I got Iupatai in the first if there was one there that rated high on my board.

Members online

Latest posts