Brandon Jacobs
Kevin Everett
Orlando Pace
Mike Brown
Jason Ferguson
Lito Sheppard
Yeremiah Bell
Dusty Dvoracek

All of these guys are out for a significat amount of time, most of them the entire season, and Everett out for the rest of his life.

We walked away with a WIN and no huge injuries. Al Harris was the only one who got banged up a bit, but he came back in the game so I suspect it's not too serious.

Jason Spitz left as well, but that doesn't appear to be serious as well.

PHEW!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hear it for Rock!!! I would give the guy a high five if I didn't think he'd dislocate my elbow. Our new weight training program rocks. Our players are JACKED and far more durable. Free weight training is statistically proven to decrease the incidence of injuries.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Let's hear it for Rock!!! I would give the guy a high five if I didn't think he'd dislocate my elbow. Our new weight training program rocks. Our players are JACKED and far more durable. Free weight training is statistically proven to decrease the incidence of injuries.

Lets hope it helps Greg and Mo sometime this year too..

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Brown is always hurt so this is no surprise.

the first 4 years of his career he played all 16 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004- 2 games
2005- 12 games
20060 6 games
2007- 1 games

he has played 21 out of 64 games the last 4 seasons thats awful

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thankful. And I feel terrible for Buffalo's Everett. The latest story I read today said that his life may still be very much in danger. A spinal injury such as his can actually worsen and threaten breathing and other life functions. Need to have some positive thoughts and prayers for him.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everett goes without saying. Seeing that just makes you ache inside.

I have to say I feel bad for Mike Brown. That guy is just such a great player and he cannot buy a break. He is fun to watch and is ALWAYS around the ball. A turnover magnet.

I don't like the Bears but I hate it for Mike Brown.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the radio 20 minutes ago that Everett has movement in his arms and legs, and his surgeon is now cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to walk again.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the radio 20 minutes ago that Everett has movement in his arms and legs, and his surgeon is now cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to walk again.

i heard this to, that is great news.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning
Brandon Jacobs
Kevin Everett
Orlando Pace
Mike Brown
Jason Ferguson
Lito Sheppard
Yeremiah Bell
Dusty Dvoracek

PHEW!

Week 1 NFL Injury Report

Player Injury status and updates

Eli Manning, QB
New York Giants
Manning left the game late in the fourth quarter with bruised right shoulder injury and did not return. He was attended to by a trainer on the sideline, and was replaced by Jared Lorenzen.

Kevin Dockery, CB
New York Giants
Dockery left the game early in the fourth quarter with an ankle injury. He did not return.

Brandon Jacobs, RB
New York Giants
Jacobs left the game during the second quarter with a sprained knee and did not return. Coach Tom Coughlin said the injury is to Jacobs' MCL, but the extent is not known.

Jason Ferguson, NT
Dallas
Ferguson left the game with an elbow injury during the second quarter. He did not return. Dallas owner Jerry Jones said that Ferguson could be done for the year.

Osi Umenyiora, DE
New York Giants
Umenyiora left the game with a left knee injury after making a tackle during the first quarter. He was taken to the locker room for X-rays, which were negative, but did not return. Umenyiora is out and will undergo further tests after returning to New York.

Dusty Dvoracek, NT
Chicago
Dvoracek left the game with a knee injury. He will be re-evaluated on Monday.

Mike Brown, S
Chicago
Brown left the game during the fourth quarter with a sprained left knee and did not return. He will be re-evaluated on Monday.

Jeff Garcia, QB
Tampa Bay
Garcia left the field under his own power during the third quarter and was brought to the locker room. He was replaced by Josh McCown but returned in the fourth quarter.

Cadillac Williams, RB
Tampa Bay
Williams was injured when he appeared to land on the ball during a run in the third quarter. He was helped of the field by trainers and brought to the locker room. He was replaced by Michael Pittman and did not return.

Eddie Kennison, WR
Kansas City
Kennison injured his right hamstring while running a reverse on the Chiefs' first play from scrimmage. He limped to the bench and did not return.

Josh Scobee, K
Jacksonville
Scobee was injured during pregame warmups and left the field for the locker room but played in the game, kicking a 22-yard field goal and an extra point.

Jon Jansen, OT
Washington
Jansen broke his right ankle during the second quarter and did not return. Jansen was injured when Miami's Zach Thomas rolled onto his legs from behind. He was replaced by Stephon Heyer.

Chester Taylor, RB
Minnesota
Taylor suffered a hip contusion on a screen pass during the first quarter and was carted off of the field. He did not return and will be evaluated on Monday.

Jason Simmons, SS
Houston
Simmons tore his left patellar tendon making a tackle during the second quarter and did not return. He was replaced by Michael Boulware. Simmons is out for the season.

Ko Simpson, FS
Buffalo
Simpson broke his left ankle during the first quarter and was carted off of the field for X-rays. He did not return, and was replaced by Jim Leonhard. Simpson is out indefinitely.

Orlando Pace, OT
St. Louis
Pace left the game during the second quarter with a sprained shoulder and was taken to the locker room. He was replaced by Adam Goldberg and did not return. Pace is scheduled for an MRI exam on Monday.

Al Harris, CB
Green Bay
Harris left the game with a hyperextended right elbow while blocking on a punt return during the first quarter. He was taken to the locker room for X-rays but returned during the second quarter.

Coy Wire, LB
Buffalo
Wire (knee) left the field under his own power in the first quarter and was taken to the locker room to be evaluated. He was replaced by Mario Haggan and did not return.

Kevin Everett, TE
Buffalo
Everett suffered a cervical spinal injury while making a tackle on the opening kickoff of the second half. He was immobilized on a backboard and taken via ambulance to the hospital before having surgery on Sunday night.

Chad Pennington, QB
New York Jets
Pennington (right ankle) left the game in the third quarter. He was replaced by Kellen Clemens but returned on the next series.

Lito Sheppard, CB
Philadelphia
Sheppard (sprained right knee) left the game in the second quarter and did not return. He is scheduled to undergo an MRI on a sprained medial collateral ligament on Monday.

Jesse Chatman, RB
Miami
Chatman left the game during the fourth quarter but later returned.

Javon Walker, WR
Denver
Walker left the game late in the fourth quarter with an unspecified injury but later returned.

Jason Webster, CB
Buffalo
Webster left the game during the fourth quarter with a broken forearm. He is out indefinitely.
---

Add Ray Lewis to that list, who may have a torn tricep.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdlax said:

i heard this to, that is great news.

i agree. you never want to see anyone get hurt, let alone paralyzed or killed. i hope this guy gets a great injury settlement from the ;eague so he can begin rehab and start his new life.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts