Bates says he’s out of running

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By Chris Havel
PackersNews.com

Copyright 2006

Jim Bates said he has been removed from consideration as the next head coach of the Green Bay Packers.

In an exclusive interview with the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Bates, the Packers’ defensive coordinator, said general manager Ted Thompson informed him Wednesday evening he was out of the running to replace the fired Mike Sherman as head coach.

Bates, 58, said he was disappointed in Thompson’s decision.

“It’s rough,â€

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:shock: .......... :( ...........:doh: ........... :wall: ........... :puke: .......... :tantrum:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bates said he didn’t know if he will remain as the Packers’ defensive coordinator.

THAT sucks....this really blows

“I really felt like it was going to happen here,â€

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nor me, at all, I am begining to think that TT is not that bright at all..

Who knows maybe Depack and others are right and he wants to clean the house at any cost just to show how good he is or to feed his ego, maybe he is clearing the way to show us how stupid a human being can be, maybe he thinks this is the seachickens and GB can stand 5 years without a good team and no one will try to make him responsible for his actions.

I think that Bates will LAND as HC at another team.

Lets wait and see his face next year if our D gets to perform as it used to perform before Bates should he face the media and the fans or should he hide in his office? who knows I am very upset right now...

I hope I am wrong and TT is extremely wise and intelligent and he really knows what he is doing

OP
OP
L

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been trying really hard to either support TT or keep out of the discussions, but this is as bothersome to me as anything else up to date. My thought up til now was, "well, let's see what ole' TT has up his sleeve". Now I don't think I want to know. I haven't given up hope completely, but it's looking worse and worse. TT is quickly digging himself a hole, I think.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for Bates. I don't think he will stay as DC. TT must have his mind made up, which is why he moved Bates interview up. Better not be Wade Phillips. I feel sick.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys know im a big TT supporter, and although I am not happy with the non bates hiring, whats with the "hes feeding his ego" "cleaning house to show he can" stuff.

I am not happy, but a coach has still not been hired. Lets wait till he hires someone before we burn his house down. And just because Bates wont be back, that doesnt mean our next Dc wont be solid. As long as its not slowik, its cool with me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
How much of a wrecking ball do you need to see trom ?

its gonna be a 100% new staff. You act as if that is a BAD thing. whats with the fear of change? Bates wont be back, and that does indeed suck ***. Does that mean TT is gonna hire the texans DC now? no. Is he gonna hire the jets OC now? no. its going to be an all new staff, and you need to understand that. I wish it wasnt true either, but it is. Lets judge the people he does hire, and not the people he doesnt. cuz that just makes no sense to me.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he has been able to get that crazy South korean mad genetic Doctor to Clon the great Vince Lombardi out of a piece of hair that TT found in one of Vince´s old hats I really cant see how he could turn this team around for 2006 or 2007, I think Brett will retire because it will be a whole new team and a whole new system for ofense, defense and speciall teams.

Do any of you honestly believe that a new HC will keep any of the Ofense cordinators, anyone believes that Bates will stay here or that any of his guys will stay? No it will be a total drastical change..

Maybe TT likes to burn fences before even asking why those fences where placed for.. if so he will lear a hard lesson very very soon... reality is a very hard teacher.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Do any of you honestly believe that a new HC will keep any of the Ofense cordinators, anyone believes that Bates will stay here or that any of his guys will stay? No it will be a total drastical change..

Maybe TT likes to burn fences before even asking why those fences where placed for.. if so he will lear a hard lesson very very soon... reality is a very hard teacher.

Cham, I disagree, and dont understand. help me. educate me.

1. yeah, the offensive coordinators are gone. That is the best news out of this, and am confused why you would mention it during a negative post. BAtes is gone, and it sucks. you think TT disrespected bates? burned bridges? He moved his interview up, told him no, and in doing so....HAS GIVEN BATES MORE TIME TO NEGOTIATE WITH OTHER TEAMS. That is something you do for a guy you like, not a guy whos bridge you are trying to burn. He is doing bates a solid(although not a super solid, like hiring him as HC), now he is letting bates go get a pay day and HC job from some other place. That sounds classy to me...but...ok.

2. Burning bridges? besisdes what i said in #1, but...guys get fired...new guys get hired....all of the time. This is the NFL, which stands for "Not For Long" as the coaches will say. They know nothing lasts forever, so I am confused with those comments.

I just disagree with the burning bridges things, that is all.

Members online

Latest posts