Bates is the answer

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This guy can coach, and for those who demand displays of emotion, he'll satisfy them as well.

Incidentally, God Bless Mike Sherman, and best wishes in the future for him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, cuz he beat the undefeated world champ patriots as interim coach at Miami using offense, not defnese to beat them surprisingly. Bates is a genius, me thinks. i like him. if he wasnt so old, i would make babies with him.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great offensive coordinators depend on great QB's. Great defensive coordinators depend on great TEAM defenders. I'd love to see the Pack return to being a great defensive team that tackles hard and gets off the field on 3rd downs. Add a punishing running game and we're back to the Championship Game.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, cuz he beat the undefeated world champ patriots as interim coach at Miami using offense, not defnese to beat them surprisingly. Bates is a genius, me thinks. i like him. if he wasnt so old, i would make babies with him.

jeesh trom babies??? what will Favre think after you have already offered to have his demented kids?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder who Jim Bates would hire as offensive coordinator?
Anybody out there know who is in his "good old boy" network?
Where has he coached? Who has he coached with?
Etc. etc. ad infinitum!

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would be a great choice if does in fact have defensive experience along with a knowledge of the offense.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bates might hire Linehan from Miami...or possibly Mooch..but I doubt it.

Should try to hire Eric Mangini as DC from NE...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JB...I mentioned in a different thread that I thought he WOULD be hired for the job because he was being interviewed last. I can see the advantages/disadvantages of both.