1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Baseball

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by DaBearsrule4ever, Jul 10, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So, let me get this right. Cubs teams struggle and are a bad team, and fans CONTINUE to come support them, and that's a...bad thing?

and, Sox teams struggle and have a bad team, and completely abandon the team, and that's a good thing? But then they come back when the team is good? And that's called passion? No, it's called being a fair weather fan, son.

Now I am not going to argue that the cubs are better,etc,etc. Sox have better management and ownership, but to say Sox fans 'care' because they abandon the team when they lose, and return when they win is just stupid.

Some people(phil) will say Cubs fans only show up to Wrigley cuz its just a big ol bar. That's not entirely untrue. Beer is sold at every stadium, so...I could use that argument on any other team I want to use it againt. It's a stupid argument. And as far as 'staring at the field' goes....I dislike wrigley field. It's pretty ******. I enjoy going to 'The Cell' more for the cubs\sox games. They have real bathrooms at least.

And its those reasons why Cubs fans are great. We have a ****** team, a ****** ballpark, with a ****** owner who doesn't appear to be going anywhere, yet we stay true, and support the team. Sure, I could go into hiding like a sox fan, and return in 5 years when things could be going well, and say I was there the entire time, but that would make me a douchebag. That would make me a sox fan.
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never said Cubs fans supporting their team is a bad thing. Until Cubs fans get their message across to the front office, their team is never going to win jacksquat. As for Sox fans, granted before last year, it was painful BUT the Sox fans got their message across to the front office. Thats where i'm going with this.
  3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh my god. Let me get THIS straight now. Sox fans are martyrs now? They so regretfully sacrificed going to ballgames or watching it on tv? They wanted to...but didnt, to send a message to ownership?! You should go into politics, you are indeed a spin master.

this isnt GB. The fans dont 'own' the team. Cubs or Sox.

Look at the yanks. They have money, and asses in the seats, do they sit on their hands, and say "**** it, Im getting my money, if the team loses, who cares...as long as I get that dough." No. They have a (somewhat) good owner, passionate at least. Cubs just have a bad owner at this point(a history of that, not the fans\players fault). I like reinsdorf, I am a Bulls fan(goto 5 games a year about), and he...tries. he might not try very hard sometimes, but he tries.

But yeah, dont pull that "Sox fans didnt go to games or watch it to send a message to shape up!" crap, because it is just that. You know it.
  4. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh god! You're putting words in my mouth and I HATE THAT. To sum up what i'm saying is Cubs fans need to say to the front office, "IF YOU DON'T PUT A COMPETITIVE TEAM ON THE FIELD EVERYDAY, WE WON'T SHOW UP TO THE BALLPARK UNTIL YOU DO", thats what i'm trying to say. Just my opinion.
  5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In 15 at bats, the Sox have gotten Abreu out only 3 times. :D

This is just an amazing series. PIB, I was surprised to find out that the Sox have NO lefty, and that is gonna hurt them BIG time. Damon, Abreu, Giambi, Posada, Cano, Williams, Melky. Gosh I love the depth of this team, especially the bullpen. :D

I wouldn't mind having an extra starting pitcher though. :-?
  6. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    You don't get it Trom.
    The Cubs current ownership has no incentive to win as long as you continue to pack the place to see really bad baseball.
    Not only is it an outdoor bar but it is the largest gay bar in the world. Take away the bars and restaurants and no one would come to see this crap year after year.
    They keep decrepit Wrigley going because it is their cash cow. Don't run at the mouth about the White Sox taking 88 years to win it either because the White Sox won more games than any other team in MLB during the 90s. They consistently field a better team than the cuddly losers that you guys are so strangely fond of.
    The same goes for the Boston Red Sox. Think their fans would put up with this joke of an organization for so long?
    Cub fans walk out of the place after another lose with a big smile because they did not come to see the game in the first place
    That is not loyalty, it is stupidity.
    It is not being a fan either. It is hanging out at the place that you think is popular to be seen at.
  7. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    THANK YOU! THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY.
  8. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It makes me barf to cheer for the Yankees but if it helps out the White Sox, so be it.
  9. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was great to see the Tigers end their skid against the White Sox and add a game to their dwindling lead.
    The Tigers have a 61/2 game lead over the pale hose and have 6 more games against them.
    Look out for them Twinkies.
  10. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If the Sox get out of Detroit with a split, i'm happy, I will not accept losing 3 out of 4. The Wild Card race is too close! GO WHITE SOX AND GO WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE TWINS AND RED SOX!
  11. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the Red Sox are toast. They play nine games on the West Coast with no days off.
    The twinkies are the team to keep an eye on.
    The Tigers have 4 games left with them in September so I hope someone can cool them off before then.
    Tigers are up 4-0 against the Sox in the 7th as I hunt and peck.

I think I just put the hex on the Tigers, the Sox are threatening.
  12. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope the Red Sox lose 2 out of every 3 and choke their way out of the playoffs. God I hate the Red Sox.
  13. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :D Favourite new poster on this board!
  14. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've given up on catching the Tigers.
  15. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Twinkies haven't given up on catching the Tigers.
    They are only 4 games out and start a 4 game series at home against Detroit tonight.
    They also have opened up a 1 1/2 game lead over the Sox for the wildcard.
    The Tigers also still have a 3 game series against the Sox in Chi-town.
    It's looking more and more that the Tigers will miss the playoffs after their magical season.
    They should have never signed Perez from the Cubs. Their season has gone downhill ever since.