Bart Starr Tailgate party?

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed some tailgate parties online and was wondering if these were a good time. I saw the one at BF Steakhouse (lol), Bart Starr's and at least one more. They are $25 per person, all you can eat/drink. Do a lot of people go to these, or is good old fashion tailgating still the best option?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you but I was sorta wondering the same thing when I saw ads last year for Bart Starr's tailgate.
However I haven't seen any ads this year. I wonder why they don't advertise. Must not have the budget anymore.

OP
OP
PackMan13x

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, sounds awesome, but I figure I will probably stick with the good old fashion way and maybe buy a ticket at the gate if we decide to attend. I just bought a parking pass on eBay for someone's yard across the street from the stadium for $20.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
With the Bart Starr tailgate you get entertainment, food, beverages and no set up or cleaning. On the other hand with the old fashioned tailgate option you get to set up, put together a spectacular menu, decorate/personalize your own space & take pride when other fans pass by & give you the nod of approval, like the fro guys in the Budweiser ad. (Well done, Dude).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bretts steak house is or was pretty good...I went in 2002? All beer and food you can have, and it was like $20?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder which one is more economical.
Seems to me the group ones for the public would be.
And there isn't the stress of preparation, the work of preparing and the energy for everything else.
I would think one would get their money's worth from the organized ones.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I went to the Bart Starr tailgate party. It's inside and outside. They give away a couple of prizes. Fuzzy Thurston was there. They say they try to get an former player in for each one. It was ok. The food and beer were decent. If it wasn't for the fact that I got to sit and talk to Mr. Thurston for a few minutes, I probably would have preferred an outdoor one from the back of somebody's truck. The Bart Starr party is more like just a pre-game get together than an actual tailgate. But, like I said, having a chance to talk to a former Packer was really worth it for me since those guys were my childhood heroes in the 60's.

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed some tailgate parties online and was wondering if these were a good time. I saw the one at BF Steakhouse (lol), Bart Starr's and at least one more. They are $25 per person, all you can eat/drink. Do a lot of people go to these, or is good old fashion tailgating still the best option?
I went to the BF tailgate party 2 years ago with a buddy. We flew down to waatch the game and it was included in the package. I thought it was great.... lots of beer, bloody mary's, brat's and other food. My first time at a game and tailgate.... absolutely awesome!! the people in the stadium parking lot was a riot... never seen that before. I'm for Canada, they don't let us have fun like that.
Whatever you do, experience it somewhere!!

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to the Dallas game last year at Lambeau with my dad (who doesn't drink, which is fine) and our hotel was next to BF steakhouse and it was packed full of people having a good time. Basically anywhere you go around the stadium is going to be a good time and lots of fun, but I would suggest a tailgate because it looked like a ton of fun.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Went to the Packer Fan tours tailgate for the opener. What a rip. All you can drink cheap beer and really watered down screwdrivers and bloody Marys. Give me a real tailgate anyday. With my world famous Packer Punch.