Bart Starr not on McGinn's Top 25

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's time Pack nation finally face the facts and admit that Donovan McNabb is much better than Bart Starr and Aaron Rodgers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something not appreciated so much, but back in Starr's day, pass interference didn't exist. It was much more difficult to complete a pass when the CBs could push you all over the field, and some safeties made it a habit of going for a WR's head with their shoulder. Thats not to mention all the rules to protect a QB, like no low hits, can't hit him if he slides feet first, etc. Being a QB back then was something different than now, and I don't know that McGinn took that much into consideration.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinn's rationale for his list is as irrational as it gets. Seems as if it were written merely to generate readership by controversy. This article will affect my opinion of anything he comes up with in the future.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
McGinn's rationale for his list is as irrational as it gets. Seems as if it were written merely to generate readership by controversy. This article will affect my opinion of anything he comes up with in the future.

Thank you..... very well said indeed. He is borderline retarded.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Like I said, don't take my word for it, try dialoguing with McGinn some time on one of his crap articles and you'll learn a lot about the guy. He'll typically respond to email if it's more than a nutso rant on him. There's a reason you don't hear him on the talk shows as much as some of the other guys. He knows better than to expose himself. He's not only lacking in much of a clue about that game....but he's also just about as non-analytical as a person can get. Reminds me of captaingooglemeister.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Like I said, don't take my word for it, try dialoguing with McGinn some time on one of his crap articles and you'll learn a lot about the guy. He'll typically respond to email if it's more than a nutso rant on him. There's a reason you don't hear him on the talk shows as much as some of the other guys. He knows better than to expose himself. He's not only lacking in much of a clue about that game....but he's also just about as non-analytical as a person can get. Reminds me of captaingooglemeister.

There are PLENTY of Das googlemeisters here..... some that spout off onfo as if they themselves were a GM or coach and they just got done looking up factoids to try to prove a point and make someone else look bad..... EVEN IF the other person was just stating a simple opinion.
Googlehumpers unite !!!!

grignon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's time Pack nation finally face the facts and admit that Donovan McNabb is much better than Bart Starr and Aaron Rodgers.

4 straight NFC championship games- Who can argue with that?
I mean besides Jim Kelly.

D

Deleted member 6794

There are PLENTY of Das googlemeisters here..... some that spout off onfo as if they themselves were a GM or coach and they just got done looking up factoids to try to prove a point and make someone else look bad..... EVEN IF the other person was just stating a simple opinion.
Googlehumpers unite !!!!

Awesome. NOMOFO finally found a friend on the forum. I´m sooooo proud of you two.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I'm not talking to you....about you....I have no issue with you. Please pay more attention.... once you have done this you will understand whom I am speaking of.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
With you hanging on everyword McGinn says and treating him like some sort of packer bible writer says A LOT about you as well.... seeing that many people on here agree that he is full-o-crap and a hack as a writer. Majority opinion is that he sucks........So.....pack it in Jack, you don't win this one. learn to accept the FACT that you happen to like comic book writer.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
With you hanging on everyword McGinn says and treating him like some sort of packer bible writer says A LOT about you as well.... seeing that many people on here agree that he is full-o-crap and a hack as a writer. Majority opinion is that he sucks........So.....pack it in Jack, you don't win this one. learn to accept the FACT that you happen to like comic book writer.
You really can't distinguish between "FACT" and "opinion"? That's borderline retarded.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had already lost respect for McGinn last year with his insider info that the Packers planned to draft injury free big guys. They ended up continuing with their current trend of size and drafted some players with injury issues (lacy). His follow up article was strange in saying that the Packers were somehow forced to pick him. He should have just admitted he was wrong and moved on.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
No, the FACT of any matter on here is that you can't seem to accept anyone else having an opinion that differs from yours. You word is the end all be all. MY OPINION is that Mcginn is a hack, as is many other people on here. You just don't like it that we are saying that about some guy you are hung up on. Sorry old man, deal with it, people are different. Now when it comes to facts about things, I will say that you do seem to know your stuff. Now, weather you pull it out of google or you do indeed have a micro chip cache of football info inside your head is neither here nor there because you are generally correct...... it's the part about other peoples personal opinions that you seem to jump all over that bugs the crap out of me. It's not like I was personally calling you borderline retarded, yet you took my bash on McGinn as personal...and then you have to fire back. I happen to like certain sports figures or affiliates, but you don't see me jumping all over someone when they say that their opinion is that they suck.....hey, people like different things.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, McGinn is a columnist whose columns are, by definition, opinion pieces. I used to think they were based on careful analysis of facts--or on inside information. Now I find that "gut instinct" is possibly the trump card in his opinions. So I personally won't put much stock in them any longer. But that's just gut instinct.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No, the FACT of any matter on here is that you can't seem to accept anyone else having an opinion that differs from yours. You word is the end all be all.
That’s BS. I am opinionated but I have agreed with the opinions of a lot of posters on this forum. (You may not have noticed as you may not be one with whom I agree with a lot.) Here are a couple of quotes from your posts on this thread: “Just remember....around here, some folks take McGinns word as the end all be all final word...... some people swing from that guys nutz hard core” and “With you hanging on everyword McGinn says and treating him like some sort of packer bible writer says A LOT about you as well... learn to accept the FACT that you happen to like comic book writer.” This is posting about the opinions of others regarding McGinn. The first one from the second post on this thread, completely unprovoked. So who does it look like “can't seem to accept anyone else having an opinion that differs from (theirs)”?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I tend to give what I receive..... you have bashed plenty in the past here bud, what comes around goes around.

I have seen you A LOT of times saying "McGinn say this or that" blah blah blah..... but I stayed silent, even thou i had/have different views of his so-called writing. You tend to agree with a lot of what he says, and I don't..... not much we can do about that, right. But you just cant seem to gather up the gusto to acknowledge the fact that you blast on people all the time.....sometimes tactfully, other times not so much...but when it is given back to you....LOOK OUT. I can respect you for your overall depth of football info, but you are very arrogant and come off as a know-it-all more often than not.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, McGinn is a columnist whose columns are, by definition, opinion pieces. I used to think they were based on careful analysis of facts--or on inside information. Now I find that "gut instinct" is possibly the trump card in his opinions. So I personally won't put much stock in them any longer. But that's just gut instinct.

Well... you notice that McGinn is often quoted on this forum as if he's some NFL expert. Regardless of if somebody "likes" him or "dislikes" him, I don't know how anyone would think he's a guy to quote when trying to validate their opinion.

I suppose McGinn actually wins given that here we are all talking about yet another worthless article of his!

I stopped even reading the puke. He sucks.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well... you notice that McGinn is often quoted on this forum as if he's some NFL expert. Regardless of if somebody "likes" him or "dislikes" him, I don't know how anyone would think he's a guy to quote when trying to validate their opinion.

I suppose McGinn actually wins given that here we are all talking about yet another worthless article of his!

I stopped even reading the puke. He sucks.

AMEN brother, you speak the truth.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
McGinn does an analysis after every game that contains valuable information like snaps played, pressures, zone blocking plays vs. non-ZBS, etc. as well as analysis of each unit. I quote those columns a lot for that reason - a lot of it is factual; that's a good reason to quote McGinn. Show me a more consistently complete analysis of each Packers game. McGinn has developed resources around the league and provides as objective an analysis of the talent in the division as you’ll find. What other Packers beat writer year after year provides information about how personnel people around the league view the Packers talent and how it relates to the talent in the division? And he’s been doing that for decades. He’s also an “old school” journalist who believes writers covering teams shouldn’t be fans of those teams. That probably rankles Packers fans who can't stand reading anything negative about the team. Of course everything McGinn writes isn’t good - I think his QB list stinks - but when you balance the good with the bad he comes out far ahead on the good side IMO.

With regard to being arrogant, I wonder if posts like this are intended as bait for an arrogant reply?
QB was poor decision making because they should have never let flynn go in the first place.
It’s rare to find a Packers fan who posts on this (or any forum) so much so ill-informed as to think the Packers could afford to keep Matt Flynn during the 2012 off season.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinn does an analysis after every game that contains valuable information like snaps played, pressures, zone blocking plays vs. non-ZBS, etc. as well as analysis of each unit. I quote those columns a lot for that reason - a lot of it is factual; that's a good reason to quote McGinn. Show me a more consistently complete analysis of each Packers game. McGinn has developed resources around the league and provides as objective an analysis of the talent in the division as you’ll find. What other Packers beat writer year after year provides information about how personnel people around the league view the Packers talent and how it relates to the talent in the division? And he’s been doing that for decades. He’s also an “old school” journalist who believes writers covering teams shouldn’t be fans of those teams. That probably rankles Packers fans who can't stand reading anything negative about the team. Of course everything McGinn writes isn’t good - I think his QB list stinks - but when you balance the good with the bad he comes out far ahead on the good side IMO.

With regard to being arrogant, I wonder if posts like this are intended as bait for an arrogant reply? It’s rare to find a Packers fan who posts on this (or any forum) so much so ill-informed as to think the Packers could afford to keep Matt Flynn during the 2012 off season.

All of that is fine and I get THAT is good information. It's his opinion pieces that seldom make any sense. I have no problem at all with a guy not being a homer and in fact I like it.... but does it not seam like McGinn most often takes a negative slant on things than otherwise?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

With regard to being arrogant, I wonder if posts like this are intended as bait for an arrogant reply? It’s rare to find a Packers fan who posts on this (or any forum) so much so ill-informed as to think the Packers could afford to keep Matt Flynn during the 2012 off season.

So you can target a post of mine that suits your side of an argument, fine, collect your ammo on me if you think that me saying that was ill-informed as you so put it....... but i don't see much in the way of offering BJ raji, a known lazy *** 8 million a good investment? What has he done lately? What would have / could have flynn done? That is all I was saying. It was a hindsight example, that is all..... so fire away with your blank ammunition all you want. I however find it arrogant and a waste of my time to go post hunting. If I did that on you for everytime McGinn was said by you, I'm damn sure I could make a post long enough to rival the page count of a websters dictionary.

You are nothing more than a forum bully that loves to put people down that don't agree with or hang on every little thing you have to say. You have your followers, but I bet that most of them are fake because they as well don't want to disagree about anything for fear of ridicule from you. I however don't give a crap.... standing up to a bully is something I have always done, in person or to an internet tough guy as well. Using big words and hiding behind a key board is the weakest thing anyone can do.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Apparently “arrogant” must be one of those big words you’re complaining about – it looks like you don’t know its meaning if you think using your post as an example is arrogant. Saying the Packers should have kept Flynn is a display of ignorance of the Packers situation in the 2012 off season. Maybe you like the truth sugar-coated. (BTW, you’re free to quote any of my posts so go ahead – or don’t, I really don’t care. And since you mentioned the dictionary, that’s a great tool to look up “big words” and expand your vocabulary. But I’ll be damned if I will apologize or modify how I speak or post to mollify you or anyone else.)

As to my “followers” I’m not sure what you’re talking about. As far as I know, no one “follows” me on this forum. Are you talking about someone who would post the following about me? “Now when it comes to facts about things, I will say that you do seem to know your stuff. Now, weather you pull it out of google or you do indeed have a micro chip cache of football info inside your head is neither here nor there because you are generally correct…” and “I can respect you for your overall depth of football info…”

And it’s funny you complain about bullying and hiding behind a keyboard. Again your second post on this forum was an unprovoked attack on anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion of McGinn so you’re no stranger to bullying and you’re “hiding behind a keyboard” here like everyone else.

Anyway, thank God for the ignore feature, I think that solves your problem.

Members online

Latest posts