BART SCOTT! BART SCOTT! BART SCOTT!

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ravens are working as we speak to re-sign Bart Scott and this is one player in free-agency that can truly help the Packers this season. Ted you need to at least stick your nose in there and try to sign him. You don't break the bank on this guy but you must go after him.

The Jets are also very interested in Scott. He has some ties to Rex Ryan. The Packers need to make a big push for this player. He is part of the heart of the Ravens defense and one very big reason they are so good.

I will not be upset if the Ravens re-sign him, however I will be upset if he ends up in New York as the Packers have as much a shot to get him as the Jet's do.

This would be a huge pick-up for the Packers and really help to start to solidify the defense.

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To get the best player in FA at his position you have to break the bank, which Thompson will never do. Facts of life...

OP
OP
F

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not the "best player" in free agency for one.

Two: Ted will spend money when it's the right player and fit. We just have not seen the right players or fit since he signed both Pickett and Woodson the same year.

I don't know where this "Ted will never spend any money" came from? He did that year and it worked out. Thank god he didn't spend all the Packers money on the wrong players like other GM's around the league.

It's not that Ted "won't spend money" It's that Ted won't spend money on the wrong players.

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have faith in Ted if that what we need he will get it, if there is a better option out there then don't wate the money

OP
OP
F

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put this plea up just before free agency started as I knew the "big names" would go off the board very quickly. It does upset me a little that the Packers didn't seem to even bat a eyelash Bart's way. I think he would have been one important piece to a puzzle that is missing a few.

I do however have confidence in Ted Thompson and stand behind him as he is running the Green Bay Packers right now.

I will say that it sounds like the Jets were desperate and I believe over-paid for him.

Many will say some bad things about Ted but one thing you can't say is that he ever appears or puts himself in a position to be "desperate"

The only other free agent I would even look at at this point is Smith the DE from the Cardinals. I think teaming him with Jenkins at DE could be something to take a long look at.

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the speculation about the terms of Scott's deal are true, 5 years 40 mil, then thats just ridiculous. Thank god Thomson had the sense not to bite on that one. Scott brings valuable knowledge and experience from a good defensive system, but he's a role player at best. The beneficiary of a good system and consistantly dominant play from much better linebackers in Lewis and Suggs. I would have sh*t a brick if Thompson had shelled out 8 million a year for a sidekick

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts