Barnett's Club Going Dry

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will save you all my normal rant about rap music and the environment it creates.

His place(rap music) is not a good business plan.

I would recommend he sell the place and invest the money elsewhere.
Many owners have trouble learning the product is what the customer wants and not what the owner wants.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he's being "persecuted"...

(What do they mean by "element".)

(He should have blues bands there...Everyone loves the blues...)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
After the last news worthy stuff happened with Five-Six my instructor (hes a durmmer in a classic rock cover band) called Five-Six to see if they could play figuring they'd be looking for good bands. The person they spoke with essentially said their flavor isn't what their audience appeals too and denied them.

:shrug:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"We're puttin' the band back together..."

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a bar people get drunk because they drink,,ha ha.....some people get waisted and some people cause fights...I dont believe it would have anything to do with the type of music being played....IMO...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Blues is the music of peace children...

Now go to your corners and put on some BB King!

Reaction score
Hey k-mac and cheesey, I appreciate both your efforts to not get into flaming wars although you both disagreed with each other.

THE ISSUE ISN'T WEATHER RAP MUSIC CAUSES VIOLENCE OR NOT.

As for the article TOP posted, discuss either:

1. Will this affect Barnetts long term future (as DeusNova stated)?

2. Possible reasons that Barnett might have for wanting to club to still be around.

3. Possible reasons Barnett wants the club sold.

4. Would Barnett really be better of switching from a club to a restaurant?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of players go into different business's and they don't make it. Seeing this club struggle doesn't surprise me. What music they choose to offer and what clientele they choose to cater to will have a lot more to do with the success or failure of the business than the color of Barnett's skin.

I don't know why the failure of his club would cause him not to want to play in Green Bay. Any player with any character at all wants to win. If the Packers win, players will want to play here. If they're not winning, for some players, Green Bay can seem dismal perhaps. If you're a family I would think Green Bay would be the ideal place to play. I think those things play a much bigger role than a failed business

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What part of Green Bay is this Bar in? I have been to alot of bars in my day, I would say you have the most trouble with the music that is being played, what location the bar is located those are both major factors. Not saying the younger music is all bad, my son listens to all the latest teenage stuff and most I like. IMO whenever someone drinks no matter where it maybe it clouds peoples judgement and that is when fights start.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm........got my hand slapped.
I was just trying to voice my opinion (thats all it was, my opinion) on what might have helped add to the problems at Barnett's club.
I wish it WOULD have been a success. Young people NEED places to hang out, and positive role models, which Barnett could be to the young folks. All it takes is a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone else.
I don't know if a restaurant would be any better there. I guess it would depend on what kind of food it would serve, and the prices.

Reaction score

Not at all cheesey, it was just that the topic is quite a riling one, and in this instance we were all headed towards a big argument going around in circles.

For example: You make a point, and kmac replies to it. Then you reply to kmacs comment, and someone else comes in and takes issue with your point so he comments on it. Then a fourth person comes in and starts taking offense with person #3's comment. It just keeps growing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that the sale/nonsale of five-six has anything to do with Barnett's length of stay. MM has said multiple times that he has spoken with Nick about the club and "let him know where he stands", or something to that affect.

I took MM's comments to mean that he wanted Nick to focus totally on football, and not a business, and Nick understood. It was not a demand or requirement, though. Seemed like a respectful conversation where the coach gave some life advice, and told him to take it as just that. Advice.

That's just my :twocents:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to go to a country music bar back in Sheboygan Wisconsin, and they packed them in every night, it was a blast...I never witnessed any fights...but then again the owner wouldnt have let that happen anyways they would have been kicked out by the seat of their pants...maybe thats the problem, being that Barnett isnt there alot and has others running it for him, sometimes you just cant seem to find good help...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Not at all cheesey, it was just that the topic is quite a riling one, and in this instance we were all headed towards a big argument going around in circles.

For example: You make a point, and kmac replies to it. Then you reply to kmacs comment, and someone else comes in and takes issue with your point so he comments on it. Then a fourth person comes in and starts taking offense with person #3's comment. It just keeps growing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well.......we need SOMETHING to talk about during the off season!!!LOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I don't think that the sale/nonsale of five-six has anything to do with Barnett's length of stay. MM has said multiple times that he has spoken with Nick about the club and "let him know where he stands", or something to that affect.

I took MM's comments to mean that he wanted Nick to focus totally on football, and not a business, and Nick understood. It was not a demand or requirement, though. Seemed like a respectful conversation where the coach gave some life advice, and told him to take it as just that. Advice.

That's just my :twocents:

I don't the Ted should have anything to say about what Nick's investments are. I think if Ted feels that this club is interfering with his image as a Packer and he wants to address that, it's ok. But that's as far as it should go.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
cheesey said:
If you are playing country, or oldie type music, you tend to not have as many problems.

You also tend not to have as many customers... ;)

You don't have fights, drunks and rowdiness in country music clubs? Where you from?

I think IMO there are always fights when liquor is being served especially in bars....its just unlikely in country bars is all we are saying...country brings out the older people most of the time....

Members online

Latest posts