Barnett: To Be Charged With Disorderly Conduct

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sucks

Sounds like it could have been worse. Disorderly conduct is just a misdemeanor, and if his record is clean I bet he gets probation. I'm not sure how the league's conduct policy deals with such things.. hopefully not a suspension or anything.

Without knowing the incident (I read a bit about it back at the time but cannot remember), I will say whatever the case, it's a relief he wasn't charged with assault or something like that. It would be a whole different ballgame then. Any time there is a fight, if people really get injured then there is the possibility for felony charges on either side.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/a...tt-to-be-charged-with-disorderly-conduct.aspx

Barnett to be charged with disorderly conduct

Packers linebacker Nick Barnett will be charged with two misdemeanors counts of disorderly conduct in connection with a June altercation at an Appleton tavern, Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers reported this morning. Door County District Attorney Ray Pelrine, serving as a special prosecutor in the case, said the formal complaint will be filed in Outagamie County Circuit Court. If convicted, Barnett could be sentenced to serve up to 90 days in county jail and pay up to a $1,000 fine on each count.

Barnett, 26, is being accused of the criminal acts in connection with two separate incidents of pushing or shoving the night of June 16-17 at the Wet Night Club in Appleton, Pelrine said. The separate incidents occurred about an hour apart and involved a woman. After the incident, Barnett was jailed and released after posting bond. The Journal Sentinel will have more on this story, including what the charges might mean in light of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's new, tougher conduct policy.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's where the little boy stands on the steps of the courthouse and says, "Say it ain't so."

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I've sang Goodell's praises over and over for his tougher policies and how he is cleaning up the reputation of the NFL, so it'd be hypocritical of me to say that Barnett shouldn't get punished... but i am only human.... DON'T PUNISH HIM!!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well from the reports, this lady threw a drink at Barnett, however that is no excuse for touching or shoving anyone female. It is the first real reported issue with Barnett so I doubt that he gets a Sunday off... it is a misdemeanor so not much legal will come out of it other than a fine and maybe some community service.

To me, the woman in this case, if she threw a drink, should face the same type of misdemeanor type charges..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well from the reports, this lady threw a drink at Barnett, however that is no excuse for touching or shoving anyone female. It is the first real reported issue with Barnett so I doubt that he gets a Sunday off... it is a misdemeanor so not much legal will come out of it other than a fine and maybe some community service.

To me, the woman in this case, if she threw a drink, should face the same type of misdemeanor type charges..
SHOULD being the key word. I doubt she will though. I think she should also be suspended from the NFL.......uh.......nevermind.
I think it's all a conspiracy because the Packers beat the Eagles. Had we lost, no charges would have been filed. But i heard Bill Bellechick was afraid the Packers would get to the Super Bowl and he was SO afraid of us, he paid that woman to throw the drink. Then, when months went by and nothing happened, he paid off the DA to file charges!
Yeah.......THATS the ticket!!! :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
SHOULD being the key word. I doubt she will though. I think she should also be suspended from the NFL.......uh.......nevermind.

Would the NFL really go that far and suspend Jackson from the Vikings... and Glenn from the Cowboys... errr... sorry a different SHE. :lol:

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All women are innocent especially at a place called "The Wet Night Club".

She was probably a nun walking on her way home who happened to need a drink of water so she stopped in to the wet club cuz wet = water. Then she probably stumbled "because it was dark" and accidentally spilled some "water" on Barnett. Barnett proceeded to grab a bar stool and club her over the face with it repeatedly until she said uncle.

Im sure thats how it all went down. I say lifetime ban for Barnett.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesy you are funny or maybe the cheesiest. Do you have a blue box for your house?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
All women are innocent especially at a place called "The Wet Night Club".

She was probably a nun walking on her way home who happened to need a drink of water so she stopped in to the wet club cuz wet = water. Then she probably stumbled "because it was dark" and accidentally spilled some "water" on Barnett. Barnett proceeded to grab a bar stool and club her over the face with it repeatedly until she said uncle.

Im sure thats how it all went down. I say lifetime ban for Barnett.
I heard she then begged Barnett's forgiveness for spilling the "water" on him, and he dragged her by the hair out into the street. He then used his foot on her head. When questioned, Barnett said "Hey, I was just trying to kick the "habit"!!! :shock: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesy you are funny or maybe the cheesiest. Do you have a blue box for your house?
"Blue box?" Ok......maybe i'm dumb (no.....wait.....no maybe's about it!) I don't know what a "blue box" is.
(I'm almost afraid to ask!!!) :lol:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
"Blue box?" Ok......maybe i'm dumb (no.....wait.....no maybe's about it!) I don't know what a "blue box" is.
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. They say that they are the cheesiest and they come in a blue box.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
wpr said:
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. They say that they are the cheesiest and they come in a blue box.
OHHHHH!!!!LOLOLOL!!! I didn't catch that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(I think they STOLE the idea from me!!!........did they hire Bill Bellechick recently????) :lol:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

I think it's all a conspiracy because the Packers beat the Eagles. Had we lost, no charges would have been filed. But i heard Bill Bellechick was afraid the Packers would get to the Super Bowl and he was SO afraid of us, he paid that woman to throw the drink. Then, when months went by and nothing happened, he paid off the DA to file charges!
Yeah.......THATS the ticket!!! :lol:

Maybe the real culprit is Lovie and Co. There is a club in Chicago as well. I think Da Bears are scared of the Pack and this is there way of dealing with it. It would make Papa Halas proud.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everytime i see the name "Lovie", i think of Mrs. Thurston Howell the 3rd from "Gilligan's Island!!!"
I can't get that out of my head!!! :lol:

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the commish wants to crack down on Barnett in terms of playing time, I'm sure he will talk to him first. I don't see a suspension likely... tops 1 game, TOPS.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would likely serve any jail time during the off season. So the only thing that would get him to miss some games is if the NFL suspends him. This is his 1st time getting in trouble so he could just get off with a warning. However from here on out, Nick Barnett will have to lay low and play it safe or the NFL will come cracking down.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everytime i see the name "Lovie", i think of Mrs. Thurston Howell the 3rd from "Gilligan's Island!!!"

You are just one sick puppy. She is old enough to be your Grandmother. :p :p

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say there is generally at least five unreported cases of physical assault by a person for every reported case. So even though this is the third reported case of such actions by Barnett, my guess is that he'll get a slap on the wrist for this and we'll see his name in the paper for similar situations in the future.

You know, he's a rich, popular celebrity so it's not like we can treat him the same way as one of us doing the same types of things.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say there is generally at least five unreported cases of physical assault by a person for every reported case. So even though this is the third reported case of such actions by Barnett, my guess is that he'll get a slap on the wrist for this and we'll see his name in the paper for similar situations in the future.

You know, he's a rich, popular celebrity so it's not like we can treat him the same way as one of us doing the same types of things.

LOL!

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he wont get jail time until he is on probation already, which would make any misdemeanor an automatic violation....but i dont recall him being on formal probation, so he most likely will get probation and a fine, dependent on the condition of the disorderly conduct, which is never that bad. no worries people.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

You are just one sick puppy. She is old enough to be your Grandmother. :p :p

Old enough to be Cheesey's GM? I don't think you know how old Cheesy is. :D
The only disorderly conduct Barnett is guilty of is in the backfield. I thought Sunday's game was one of the better ones I've seen him play. He truly athletic

Members online

Latest posts