Barnett done

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the season just saw. this is another tough one to swallow. Yeah you can say he wasn't playing his best and all this and that but its still our starting middle linebacker who has played hard for this team for years now.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer they let Abdul Hodge go. I'm biased being an Iowa Hawkeyes fan of course. He was finally healthy and playing lights out and they released him.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe they will bring hodge back. Or maybe move Havner up from practice squad?

I wonder if Chillar or Brady P. could play middle.

Packer_Backer85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Chillar is a pretty good cover corner actually, I wonder if he could cover the middle too.

Yes, Barnett has not been playing like usual, very true. But, the same can be said about the whole team. Offensive Line just seemed to forget about how to rush block, all kinds of things.

This is going to be a BIG loss for us, and being one of the worst rushing defenses in the league, it hurts even more.

vipercwf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about moving hawk to middle, and chillar to hawks spot, leave poppinga where hes at? I think that would be our best bet personally

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
for the season just saw. this is another tough one to swallow. Yeah you can say he wasn't playing his best and all this and that but its still our starting middle linebacker who has played hard for this team for years now.

This is bad news but to be truthful I've grown tired of the on-field antics Barnett has continued to display. This year it seemed like he knew his play was trailing off some & he took opportunities, after making standard plays a Mike is supposed to make, to demonstrate or celebrate how great Nick Barnett is.

Case in point - against MN on a 3rd down play he was covering Wade over the middle & Frerotte threw a terrible pass no where near catchable & Barnett acts as if he's made a stellar play. Not sure if he was just thrilled the GB defense had "forced" 4th down or what but I'd like to see a little more maturity from a 6th-year starter.

I like Desmond Bishop & believe he's the one to get the first crack at the job. That's why he's been kept around isn't it? Why play Chillar or anyone else out of position? Give the vote of confidence to Bishop & let him take control.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vipercwf said:
What about moving hawk to middle, and chillar to hawks spot, leave poppinga where hes at? I think that would be our best bet personally

Leave them where they are, bring Bishop in so he can get some good playing time and develop some depth. This team's injuries proved the importance of being incredibly deep this year.

Members online

Latest posts