Bad news for Packers fans: Matt Millen fired

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8601 ... sident,-GM

FOXSports.com has learned that the Lions have finally removed team president and GM Matt Millen from his post, unseating one of the most criticized executives in Detroit sports history.

Millen was informed of the move last night during a late-night high-level meeting. This morning several people within the building confirmed that he had large packing boxes in his office and he made his way around to different employees telling them of the move.

It is unclear if Millen was fired or removed himself from the equation but the news comes just days after Bill Ford, Jr. publicly stated he would have fired the GM if it was his decision but he lacked the authority to do so.

The Lions have started off horribly and the groundswell for Millen's demise has once again been strong. Unfortunately, that's nothing new as there have been events like the Millen Man March, an in-game walkout protest and calls for Millen's firing for years.

The Lions have won only one playoff game and are an NFL-worst 31-84 since Millen took over in 2001. They have also been a model of futility on the road and Millen has gone through three head coaches, none of whom have been able to turn the Lions into a winner.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the nightmare is finally over. Now we can start rebuilding for real. I'm glad they did it now so the new guy has the rest of the season to evaluate what (little) talent we have. I hope new guy makes him play Stanton so we can see if we have at least one qb worth a damn for the future. Give us a couple of years and we might actually compete!! It is s great day for Detroit fans.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now how long will it take for the Lions to be competitive in the NFL again. Smart move whoever did it.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Maybe the Vikings will hire him ? Nah we can't get that lucky.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the record doesn't show it, but sad the Lion's may get their only win of the season during the bye week.

LostnSpace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Ford Jr got his early Christmas present. Now what? I talked to people that went to their last game and they were happy that Matt is gone. But as my co-worker said "The chant's of Fire Millen didn't echo throughout the stadium" Crowd was wondering who do we put the blame on now?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well matt millen burned down this rickety franchise. the fires been put out now. but the damage is still there. We need someone to come in and see how much damage there is and how to fix it. It's not going to be a fast thing. we are purging a whole staff and system again at the end of the season. It's going to take a couple years to put this thing back together. We have a lot better chance with anyone now than we did with Millen though.

Members online

Latest posts