OP
P

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanWithTwins said:
Zombieslayer said:
PackFanWithTwins said:
Sterlings three years he caught 108,112,94 passes.
Brooks in 95 caught 102.

It was after that when Brett really started to spread the ball around. Since 95 nobody on the Pack has had over 100 reception. There are a few that nobody had even 80. The closest was 06' when Driver had 92.

Loosing Sterling may have started Brett on this path but I think his progress was more of a natural aging process.

Also if Sterling would have been aroung Brett would have 3 rings and would have retired after 02'. We all would have missed out on a bunch of Brett moments.

Do you have TD totals? TDs > receptions. Sharpe breaks and/or dodges tackles and finds his way into the end zone.

Here are the TD leaders each year
92' Sharpe 13
93' Sharpe 11
94' Sharpe 18
95' Brooks 13
96' Jackson 10, Freeman 9
97' Freeman 12
98' Freeman 14
99' Freeman 6, Schroeder 5, Bradford 5
00' Freeman 9
01' Bubba 9, Schroeder 9
02' Driver 9
03' Walker 9
04' Walker 12
05' Driver 5
06' Driver 8
07' Jennings 12

Thanks.

But going back to an old point, do you really think he would have retired in '02? Why do you think that?

I'm not arguing, but wonder why you'd think that (assuming he has 3 Rings).

Not necessarily 02' but I think he would have retired 3, 4 or 5 years ago if the sucess had been greater in the mid 90's.

Just opinion.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never heard this three Super Bowl theory before. I think it's just too hard to guess how one player's presence translates into wins and losses. Even a player as great as Sterling Sharpe. I thought he was better than Jerry Rice. Too bad his career was cut short.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanWithTwins said:
When I think back to what Brett has accomplished and what was missed. I realize how close the Packers, Brett and GB were to having 3 straight SB titles.

If Sterling Sharpe's career had not been cut short by injury, I could easily see the Pack, Brett and GB having the 95', 96, and 97 titles, and possibly more. Could have made NE's recent run pale in comparison.

I feel it takes more than having one go-to receiver to win a Super Bowl. Especially when you're trying to repeat back-to-back SBs. So "bad luck" does not seem to fit into this.

I still feel if us Packers fans really wanted Brett to return for one more season then we should demonstrat that by winning the 4th Tempt Destiny billboard for our team. It worked for the Giants, no reason why it should not work for us!

Press Release

Yes I agree but did we not have OTHER receivers? Brooks, Freeman, Chmura, etc? While I agree with you on that point of 1 receiver, Pack had many by the time 1995 came around.

Sharpe deserves to be in the HOF.

Members online

Latest posts