Backup Quarterback

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your at 5 in 40 years, keep going. Here let me help, Balt in 2000. Then again that idiot was cut after they won...
Are you refering to Trent Dilfer? Sure ....the guy is an idiot for ........winning the Superbowl. He was not anything special........but he didn't make the bone head mistakes....I have seen .....say.....Favre make. Not to mention he has the same amount of Superbowl rings...... 1

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, I dont think the immediate need for a backup QB is there. I think we have much higher priorities in FA and the draft. There will always be a QB available if god forbid AROD AND Flynn went down. Good argument though. Its all in the sake of Packer fandom

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, I dont think the immediate need for a backup QB is there. I think we have much higher priorities in FA and the draft. There will always be a QB available if god forbid AROD AND Flynn went down. Good argument though. Its all in the sake of Packer fandom
I totally agree.

Let's face it, any guy we could bring in now probably will available if and when Rodgers goes down.

And it's not going to do any better for a veteran QB to come on board since TC or at week 7; either the vet will know our scheme, or won't.

The guy that currently knows our system better is Aaron Rodgers (Brett Favre also knows it, but the O has been tweaked a little, specially for Finley). The second one is Flynn...

The third best option is a veteran that knows the WCO. But every WCO is different...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you refering to Trent Dilfer? Sure ....the guy is an idiot for ........winning the Superbowl. He was not anything special........but he didn't make the bone head mistakes....I have seen .....say.....Favre make. Not to mention he has the same amount of Superbowl rings...... 1

The D won that Superbowl but thats a different argument for a different day. I say idiot because of what comes out of his mouth on ESPN. Favres a different kind of idiot. But lets not start the comparisons between Favre and Dilfer, it would kill me to defend Favre.

bigz29k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we have Matt Flynn. I may get my head bit off by some of you, but I feel we need to ge a solid backup in behind Rodgers, and use Flynn as our 3rd til he develops more. I want Jeff Garcia to come in and play the backup role for us. That way (hope to god not) if Rodgers were to go down, we would have an experienced guy at the head, and not flush the season down the toilet... Your thoughts?

i agree
:viksux:

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The D won that Superbowl but thats a different argument for a different day. I say idiot because of what comes out of his mouth on ESPN. Favres a different kind of idiot. But lets not start the comparisons between Favre and Dilfer, it would kill me to defend Favre.
For some reason ..when you mentioned idiots.......I just have two words to say.......Chris Collinsworth

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason ..when you mentioned idiots.......I just have two words to say.......Chris Collinsworth

You are forgetting about a the fattest idiot of them all, Jamie Dukes. No matter that he lost over 50 pounds on the nutri-sweet system, he's still fat, and an idiot.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i heard on espn after delhomme was cut, john clayton said theres a possibility of him going to green bay. he would be a great backup

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i heard on espn after delhomme was cut, john clayton said theres a possibility of him going to green bay. he would be a great backup
30 ints to 23 TDs the last 2 seasons, not counting that awful playoff loss to AZ. He's 35. He never played our system...

I personally think Clayton is full of ****, and is just throwing out speculation. I haven't heard anywhere else of this possibility.

And think is a bad one. Delhomme was never careful with the ball (never less than 10 ints in a season), and that's exactly what you want out of your backup.

But he has indeed led his team to the SB...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I keep hearing Delhomme to the Cleve, where he'll compete for the starting job with Quinn if they can't move him.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing Delhomme to the Cleve, where he'll compete for the starting job with Quinn if they can't move him.

If thats true, and DelHomme beats out Quinn for the starting job, Quinn should just retire!! That would be very embarrising for Brady lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts