Backup QB

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While not a horrible idea. Getting "more expensive" Henne as the backup QB is like a solution in search of a problem. Draft a "cheap" 3rd stringer this year and use the "cheap" Graham Harrell as the backup, that is TT's model and while I dont alway agree with everything he does or fails to do, I see no reason to change his strict draft and develop philosophy here. We need to be tight with the cash and spend the money elsewhere.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Russell Wilson anyone?

I wouldn't mind Russell, but for some reason TT seems to have an aversion to WI players. He almost never brings them in even though the NFL allows for teams to bring in more guys that go to instate colleges than out of state for tryouts.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to that guy who threw 97 touchdowns? If anything, Rodgers is backing that dude up ;-)

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read today that Chad Henne will not be resigned by the Dolphins. Henne would be a great fill-in for Rodgers for a game if needed. He'd more than likely come cheap and is a veteran.

What do you guys believe?
He seems to get hurt more often now. Granted he'd be a back up I'd have to see who else is available. That would be weird though,we give Miami a starting QB & get their former starting QB for a back up.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordon Palmer was back up to his brother at Cincinnati. Why not get "a loaner" for 1 yr then at the right time draft Jordon Rodgers. Ok I did say it w/a touch of sarcasm I admit. If Harnish isn't there what about Moore from Boise St.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to that guy who threw 97 touchdowns? If anything, Rodgers is backing that dude up ;-)
Big difference between college & pro. Remember the Ryan Leaf who was drafted by the Chargers in "98". He was a complete bust. But in college he was the big man on campus. I'll take Rodgers over anyone,even Brady

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems to get hurt more often now. Granted he'd be a back up I'd have to see who else is available. That would be weird though,we give Miami a starting QB & get their former starting QB for a back up.

I think it'll be interesting because at the time, there was debate between Brian Brohm and Chad Henne. The Packers already tried Brohm and he failed. It would be like a redo of the second round of the draft. As a backup who may never see the field, it could be worth a try.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if the Packers did sign Henne it would be for the vet minimum or nothing. I think I'd rather go w/either Harrell(the deal about the double rr's is crazy if u ask me)Harnish or Moore whoever works out

Members online

Latest posts