Back and forward

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think this last loss will reap greater benefits down the road than had we won in many ways.

Especially when it comes to playoff time and playoff atmosphere. I'm not sure that feeling can be created and it's fortunate these young guys get to feel it before it's a "no next time" situation (as in the playoffs).

They now have the memory of big game experience and realize those mental errors and focus problems that led to mistakes the last time they were in a high stakes game and what it will cost.

It wouldn't quite set in and get ingrained had they pulled this game out. Not saying that wouldn't have been great. Just stating that I think this team learned more from this loss than they may have gotten from some these last consecutive wins they piled up.

I really believe this team understands better how they have to prepare and what they have to do now than they did a week ago and that experience will take them thru the rest of the season and well into the playoffs.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i totally agree with you here, and had we won, when the rematch comes, over confidence would be a key issue in the young guys.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
All I can say... is I hope we face them again this year... win and we deserve the right to play in the superbowl.. if not.. fill in holes on the roster and come back with a vegenance next year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is the thing Favre has been saying recently. We have become too cocky. Taking a beating might put us back into reality.

So if that point of view is correct, then you're right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
good have also been so many games with in a short period of time..To tired??

O well onto a WIN SUNDAY

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I though this game demonstrated how we need to be better on the O-line. Romo had so much time, and Brett got punished.

I was telling my friend who's a Cowboys fan that that game was won and lost on the OL. He got kind of upset, because he's all for Romo and TO, but come on, ANYONE can throw and ANYONE can get open when you have six full seconds. No one should get 6 full seconds in the pocket, and that's what Romo was getting.

Brett and Aaron weren't even getting three seconds in the pocket.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanataThrilla said:
Personally I though this game demonstrated how we need to be better on the O-line. Romo had so much time, and Brett got punished.

I was telling my friend who's a Cowboys fan that that game was won and lost on the OL. He got kind of upset, because he's all for Romo and TO, but come on, ANYONE can throw and ANYONE can get open when you have six full seconds. No one should get 6 full seconds in the pocket, and that's what Romo was getting.

Your friend seems to neglect his team's history as to what made them successful. Aikmen, Irvin and Smith get most of the credit, but I believe it was the fact that the Cowboys had the best O-line in history back in the early 90's is what made them a dynasty. Not to take anything away from those great players, but as you say, when you get 6 seconds to make a pass it makes both your QB and Receiver look amazing. Not to mention the huge holes they opened up for Emmitt.

EarthQuake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
TheKanataThrilla said:

Your friend seems to neglect his team's history as to what made them successful. Aikmen, Irvin and Smith get most of the credit, but I believe it was the fact that the Cowboys had the best O-line in history back in the early 90's is what made them a dynasty. Not to take anything away from those great players, but as you say, when you get 6 seconds to make a pass it makes both your QB and Receiver look amazing. Not to mention the huge holes they opened up for Emmitt.

Agreed, the question back then was who is better, barry or emmitt? And it always came down to the lions and thier shity line, and the cowboys and thier amazing line making barry sanders one of the greatest of all time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts