B.J. Raji

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Took me a minute to figured out where it was all headed but its a good point. I would say Raji has this season to show promise before some fans jump all over TT and BJ.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe people are already harping on BJ Raji. The man was hurt for basically the entire year having to deal with a painful ankle injury, add in the fact that he wasn't even starting (and for good reason, Pickett was AMAZING last year) and you have a recipe for mediocre success, which I suggest he did have. I saw Raji shoot the gap and bring down running backs quite a few times, which shows promise. Once this guy gets the starting job we will see much more progress. Give it time!

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe people are already harping on BJ Raji. The man was hurt for basically the entire year having to deal with a painful ankle injury, add in the fact that he wasn't even starting (and for good reason, Pickett was AMAZING last year) and you have a recipe for mediocre success, which I suggest he did have. I saw Raji shoot the gap and bring down running backs quite a few times, which shows promise. Once this guy gets the starting job we will see much more progress. Give it time!

This already happens in these forums. His name comes up as a bust. I am not sure why.

We play a 3-4 D correct? so thats technically 2 guys on the outside and the nose tackle/d tackle. BJ is the nose tackle. So when the ball is hiked, the 2 other d-linemen charge off the end (or slightly in the area of the end), occupying (sp?) 2 (tackles) out of the 5 o-linemen, leaving 3 o-linemen to defend against Raji. Raji has alot to work against. Plus he missed some time and had an injury. Again, people panic.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen many posts here that point out that Raji is a bust but I personally don't think he is one either. I think the main reason why someone may think Raji as a bust is because of that injury. Will it continue to keep him off the field? Considering we already have a 1st round D-lineman sitting on the bench because of his own injuries, the parallels just make you feel a bit hesitant.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i saw in a few games last year how powerful he is, he may not get the sack everytime but he sure can push the lineman back into the pocket and disrupt the QB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji can thank Harrell for the expectations of boom or bust at D line. People see he was injured and think he is already a bust.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the big fella for a season if he's healthy!
A guy like him needs his wheels to be pretty fit, and then we'll see some quick explosiveness out of him. Hopefully into and on top of these QB's: Farve, Cuntler, Romo, McNabb, Eli, Stafford, and Brady.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the big fella for a season if he's healthy!
A guy like him needs his wheels to be pretty fit, and then we'll see some quick explosiveness out of him. Hopefully into and on top of these QB's: Farve, Cuntler, Romo, McNabb, Eli, Stafford, and Brady.

You forgot Sanchez lol :duel:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the question, how hurt was he and was he hurt all year? I know at the bigging of the season he was hurt, so how long did that injury linger?

It will be interesting this year to see how many snaps he gets to play other than nose tackle. IMO he can play all the positions on a 3-4 defensive line. With Pickett signing that big contract, my guess is that Raji will be playing multiple positions to get playing time.

Remember Jolly may not be available the firt 4 games.

PackerSlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just cant see this guy turning into a bust for us. Some of those big guys you worry a little about injuries but if he can keep those to minimum There's nowhere to go but up, in my opinion. The dude has so much power its unreal. When he first started getting into games I would just be watching him and he was walking lineman backwards pretty consistently. Cant wait to see what he can do this year and in the future.

I can stand when people make quick judgements on players like that (See James Harrison....) Its the college scout/draft geek syndrome. The faults always overshadow the strengths.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Bj was my pick for this years Most improved or Most Valuable packers this year(second too A-rod ofcourse)

I dont think Bj is ever going to be Reggie white and have a whole bunch of sacks, but he is a dominant DT. Towards the end of the season last year, I saw him pushing Centers and Guards right back into the quaterbacks Face, and that is what he needs to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts