B J Raji

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he still unsigned. Seems to me they are planning on him being the key person in the new defense so they should make all efforts. On the other hand how can you expect a rookie to start and be a cornerstone right away. Who do we have that could plug the middle?

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raji is an exceptional talent, hence the reason we picked him. I really feel he would excel during the preseason to give coaches confidence for the regular season. However, with his contracts still up in the air, he is missing VALUABLE practice time.

They need to get this deal done ASAP!

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently a few GMs are too worried about overpaying their 1st round draft picks. Conversely the opposing agents are too worried about agreeing to deals too early without knowing what other players chosen a few positions before or after their own client are signing for.

During this period of inactivity each side blames the system itself instead of looking in the mirror for the actual cause.

The player is usually blameless, merely caught in the middle. In Raji's case it seems he's got no choice but to let it play itself out & hope he gets into the mix sooner than later.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently a few GMs are too worried about overpaying their 1st round draft picks. Conversely the opposing agents are too worried about agreeing to deals too early without knowing what other players chosen a few positions before or after their own client are signing for.

During this period of inactivity each side blames the system itself instead of looking in the mirror for the actual cause.

The player is usually blameless, merely caught in the middle. In Raji's case it seems he's got no choice but to let it play itself out & hope he gets into the mix sooner than later.
It would be that way, had he not say that he wouldn't miss practice because he controls his agent, not the other way around. This is VERY disturbing, and Raji is to blame. If not for not being signed yet, for saying those things on the media. The last thing we need is a guy that appears one way or says one thing and does the other...

Aussie124

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope I dont sound Naive, as Im reletively new to american football, but wouldnt it be only fair on us if raji accepted a deal with heavy incentives?

Therefore, if he is to be payed very well, he has earned it, and Im sure no one would have any problem forking out huge dollars if he is the best in the league at his position? I see this as bieng Raji`s fault, the ball is in his court, he should man up and earn his money, if he isnt prepared to sign a heavy incentive based contract, he doesnt believe in his own ability, and therefore probably isnt worth big dollars anyway.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope I dont sound Naive, as Im reletively new to american football, but wouldnt it be only fair on us if raji accepted a deal with heavy incentives?

Therefore, if he is to be payed very well, he has earned it, and Im sure no one would have any problem forking out huge dollars if he is the best in the league at his position? I see this as bieng Raji`s fault, the ball is in his court, he should man up and earn his money, if he isnt prepared to sign a heavy incentive based contract, he doesnt believe in his own ability, and therefore probably isnt worth big dollars anyway.

I agree. I am tired of seeing these monster rookie contracts. These guys should have to earn their money. The solid Vets in the league today didn't walk away with a $50 million dollar contract.

I think the NFL should look into the way the NHL does things. Rookies make little money until they prove themselves. Even Crosby before his new extension was not making league avg. for example. These guys should prove themselves before they ask to be a major portion of the cap.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weren't they talking about going the NBA route and limiting the contract size for Rookies until they prove themselves? Guess that hasn't gone into effect yet...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The problem is that the rookies don't want incentive ladden contracts. They want tons of guaranteed money. That is why this contract hasn't been done yet. It's not that he doesn't believe in his ability, it's because of the agents. And they have their reason. A lot of rookies have the potential, but because of their poor team, can't suceed. They're thrown in a scheme that doesn't help them, they don't have the qb to throw to them, they don't have the OL, and so on. Of course, the great players do well no matter what, but that's the reason rookies want so much guaranteed. I don't agree with that, but it is the way it is.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weren't they talking about going the NBA route and limiting the contract size for Rookies until they prove themselves? Guess that hasn't gone into effect yet...

The owners, if they approach the players' union with something like rookie salary caps, will appear even more greedy than they already do. No way will the PU ever agree to something like that unless the league itself imposes it upon them.

It is sickening that the 1st-rounders get glorified way too early with their stunning as yet unearned paydays while the 6th-rounder, who just may outplay that #1 pick, will struggle through 3 or more seasons before getting what they deserve.

Anyone who actually believed what Raji said about who controls whom with regard to his relationship with his agent was naive. I'm sure David Dunn was behind the scenes laughing hysterically about those comments his client made.

Agents are the ultimate yes-men. They inflate your ego in subtle ways. They build your confidence in yourself & in them ever-so slightly each time they communicate with you. You're told what you want / need to hear by them all the while making you believe they're operating in your best interest when in actuality their real client & true allegiance is the paycheck.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The owners, if they approach the players' union with something like rookie salary caps, will appear even more greedy than they already do. No way will the PU ever agree to something like that unless the league itself imposes it upon them.

It is sickening that the 1st-rounders get glorified way too early with their stunning as yet unearned paydays while the 6th-rounder, who just may outplay that #1 pick, will struggle through 3 or more seasons before getting what they deserve.

Anyone who actually believed what Raji said about who controls whom with regard to his relationship with his agent was naive. I'm sure David Dunn was behind the scenes laughing hysterically about those comments his client made.

Agents are the ultimate yes-men. They inflate your ego in subtle ways. They build your confidence in yourself & in them ever-so slightly each time they communicate with you. You're told what you want / need to hear by them all the while making you believe they're operating in your best interest when in actuality their real client & true allegiance is the paycheck.
Amen. And I was that naive...

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they were going to limit rookie salaries to keep more money. The PU would agree to it if they limited rookie salaries BUT gave the saved salary expenses to veterans who have proved themselves and really deserve it.

It is just STUPID to give these UNPROVEN rookies such a large amount of money. Most of them end up being flops anyways...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts