B&B 's in Green Bay

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
I may be lucky enough to head over to Green Bay to catch my first match soon. I'll probably head to the Panthers game on the weekend of the 18th.

Thing is, I'm looking for the cheapest of cheap accomidation! B&B's, Hostels, Inn's above a pub, anythin that I dont have to pay alot for! The bloody flights, bus and tickets are bad enough!

I'm not driving so it needs to be nice and central in Green Bay.

Do you chaps know any places like this in Green Bay? Seriously all I want is a bed! I'm just there for my first packer game!!!!

Cheers

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seriously, any and all hotel rooms in GB are sold out minutes after the schedule is announced, and there really isn't much for hotels in GB either, so your chances of finding anywhere to stay in GB is very very slim. I think you ought to do what we all discussed a few weeks ago and try and find a place in Appleton, cozy up to someone on Saturday night, and dupe them into driving you to GB on sunday.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy..

You're not giving the stereotype of being a "cheap" Irishman too heavily now, are ya? lol.

Cheesey might let you stay in his basement..if you want to risk it... :shock:

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin..."

(Good Luck!)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy..

You're not giving the stereotype of being a "cheap" Irishman too heavily now, are ya? lol.

(Good Luck!)
LOL! I don't HAVE a basement! Besides the fact i live about 100 miles south of Green Bay!
The chances of finding a cheap place to stay in GB on a game weekend are non existant. ALL the hotels/motels double or triple their prices. They know you have to pay, or not stay. It's that easy.

OP
OP
I

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious? Not a chance at all??? *****... thats not good...

Well I'll only be staying one night (the saturday before) and headin home on the sunday. Is there any decent place one can kip on a bench, like a library, airport or shopping centre? Or even in Lambeau Field! If I asked them nicely would they let me sleep in an office or somethin? (It's been done before surely!)

I'd wander around Green Bay all night if I had to, it's just that it gets damn cold (so I hear) so that plan may result in a case of the deaths.

anyway... ****...

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Motel 6? Not far from lambeau...35 bux i believe the last time i drove by there. Possibily sold out. You may have to sleep out on the street my friend!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Motel 6? Not far from lambeau...35 bux i believe the last time i drove by there. Possibily sold out. You may have to sleep out on the street my friend!
There again....thats the REGULAR rate. Game day will cost you about 3 times that amount.
Sorry Irish........maybe you could contact the Packer directly, and ask if they can help you out. Your a foreign fan, and MAYBE they would be able to use it as a good will jesture. You have nothing to lose in trying.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are staying one night, sleep in the airport waiting for your flight.

Try Craig's list, put up that you are in need of a couch to sleep on for a night.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy..

(Good Luck!)
:lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
IF worst comes to worst.. follow the "Bears Still Suck" boys lead.. :lol:

If I lived near there.. I would offer a couch to crash on.. but alas.. no where near there.. sorry dude.

http://goyoupackersgo.com/

As you know, the Packer/Bear rivalry is one of the most intense rivalries in the NFL. Back in 1986, at a Monday night game at Lambeau Field prior to this year, they couldn't find a hotel room. As any typical college students would, they got creative. From that night on and every year since, they and their buddies have attended this game in Green Bay, staying in the luxurious accommodations of a U-Haul truck!!! Crude as it may be, this event is truly the last bastion of male bonding for their group.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Irish Packer . It is impossible for a city of Green Bay population metro area of 220,000 to have enough Hotel rooms for many thousand of Packer fans who need rooms on 10 Packer home game weekend dates . So hotels in surrounding cities around Green Bay supply the people who need hotel rooms on a Packer home game weekend. But at this late date for the Packer- Panther game all those rooms could be taken also.

Yes in middle of November it can be very cold here in Green Bay. The low temperature tonight in Green Bay is going to around Freezing (32 degrees F. with the high daytime Temperature for the next 4 days in Mid 40's degrees.

You could call the Packer Country Tourism Office in Green Bay. Tell them of your problem and that you are from Ireland and see if they can find a room some place in Green Bay for you.

Packer Country Regional Tourism Office phone number 920-494-9507 . Their 24hr visitor hot line is 920-494-1111 .

This PC Tourism Office receives all information about room vacancies in GB from the Hotels and Motels in Green Bay.

Keep us informed on how things are going as far as your search for a hotel room in GB for Panther-Packer home game for Sat. Nov 17.

I would not wonder around Green Bay in the middle of the night. I would say you have to have a place to stay on Saturday night while you in Green Bay. Right now Green Bay is also short of rooms for homeless people who need a place to stay during cold winter nights.

PWT36-Located in DePere. Wi just five miles from Lambeau Field.
Bay.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for hotel rooms in Appleton or Manitowoc.

Or... the Sandman motel in Brillion, which is 30 miles from Lambeau Field.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you married? If not, there has to be some nice Wisonsin girl in one of the Pubs in need of some intelligent conversation. It might only cost you a couple pints of ale.

OP
OP
I

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys! I think I'll have to give those boys in the tourism office a call and plead my case!

I've never realised how small Green Bay actually was untill this last few weeks! I mean, I'm pretty sure Galway is bigger than it! How is it that we have a NFL team and LA with something like 8 million people doesn't?!?! Thats an other issue I wont get into now!

Ye chattin up a Wisconsin girl, good idea! I'll whip out the irish charm and give it a lash!

For those of you who have never traveled outside the USA, you may not be aware that the US is the most annoying country to fly into, mainly because of the 3 hours of queing at customs on the way in, just so some mexican can stamp your passport and give you a dirty look! One of the requirements is to give the address of where you are staying, in case you bomb someone or something i dunno why they do that! Point being I need accomidation sorted out before I head over otherwise they wont let me in! *****!!!

I'll give the Tourist office and Lamubeau a call, what are they going to say, "no, go home?" If that happens I'm going to start supporting the Bears out of spite!

Cheers boyos

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plan - rent a car. If you can't find accomadations then sleep in the car!

Good luck - whatever you do don't miss the game!!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
green bay is a dangerous city...be careful :)

lol im just kidding theres like a 1% crime rate

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts