1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AZ Game Notes

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by HardRightEdge, Aug 9, 2013.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    MM admitted to not game plan (which I said in shout at the time of the game) he also admitted he was looking at individual players performances. Did he want to score, sure, did he want to win sure, but wanted to see how players performed in one on one match ups

Why do you think they went for it on 4th down near the goal line? Didnt they run 3 times and pass once to Finely?
  2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 60 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Passed to James Jones-left & Finley-right in that 4-down sequence. Rodgers was 0-2 there which is a shock, but won't happen again.
    THey Ran twice.
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    The didnt go to kick a Fg to get points is more of the point
  4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Lacy was inactive due to injury, so your options for short yardage are Starks, Green, or Kuhn. I think I'll have the best QB in the league throw to the guy who had the most TD's in the league last year, or maybe a TE. :tup:
  5. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +758 / 15 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:
    I get it, and it'd be nice to see wins now, but we tend to have a lot of growing pains in pre-season as we sort through all the rookies and UDFA's every year to see who develops.

I really don't care about wins in the pre-season. I look at individual performances. I mean, sure, at the end of the day, I'd still rather see a win than a loss, but knowing it means nothing, I'd sure rather be a team that loses in the pre-season than one that goes 4-0 in the pre-season and 5-11 in the regular season.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 55 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    Generally we lose the first PSG, win second and third, then lose 4th.
  7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings:
    +1,225 / 74 / -16
    Packer Fan Since:
    lol...we do have one rather large option....hand off to Raji.....remember that one?
  8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings:
    +1,225 / 74 / -16
    Packer Fan Since:
    I agree on you guys points, well taken. Me, personally, I was brought up to win,win,win under any circumstances, so I like to see wins even if then don't matter. That's just me.

Hey, at least we are not like the browns, they have kicked A$$ in the last 4-5 years of pre-season and aint done jack sh!t in regular season, so I see your point on that too.
  9. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +758 / 15 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just competitive nature. It's hard to separate the pre-season and say, this doesn't really matter. But it's true, it really doesn't. To the coaches, evaluation is more important than final score at this stage. I remember one year we actually did an onside kick with a tie score in a preseason game near the end of the game just to avoid going to overtime.

And I'm sure it's in most players competitive nature to want to win. And to some of the guys, they are outright fighting for a roster spot, so to them this is just as important as anything else. But from a team standpoint, I just hope to see us improve this weekend from last. Especially guys that I expect to contribute during the regular season, like House and Terrell Manning.

One positive is that our probable two starting tackles, Bahkriati and Barclay, played well. That will be as crucial to our success as almost anything else. I'm hopeful Lacy will be active this weekend.
    • Like Like x 1