Awesome video up on NFL.com

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8234823c/A-Call-to-Arms-Favre-vs-Rodgers

Really sweet video, highlighting some awesome facts. Although he did slip from glory, Brett really did create some awesome memories and moment for us Packer fans!

Also, I need to air something out. In this video it talks about how Rodgers has a SB MVP and Brett Favre didn't. Well, I personaly feel like Brett got screwed out of SB XXXI MVP. He had 3 total TDs, proving to be more valuable that Desmond Bishop. Hell, even in Favre didn't get the MVP then Reggie should have. 3 monster sacks, 2 in a row.

Ofcourse my preference lies with Rodgers, as he is an awesome guy, a great QB and from my home town. However, I do need to ask: When will the comparisons stop?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I posted this in the shoutbox, its a great explanation of the problem of who is better. Though I don't like how they make their comparisons to favor Rodgers in winning seasons. That is just poor.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8234823c/A-Call-to-Arms-Favre-vs-Rodgers

Really sweet video, highlighting some awesome facts. Although he did slip from glory, Brett really did create some awesome memories and moment for us Packer fans!

Also, I need to air something out. In this video it talks about how Rodgers has a SB MVP and Brett Favre didn't. Well, I personaly feel like Brett got screwed out of SB XXXI MVP. He had 3 total TDs, proving to be more valuable that Desmond Bishop. Hell, even in Favre didn't get the MVP then Reggie should have. 3 monster sacks, 2 in a row.

Ofcourse my preference lies with Rodgers, as he is an awesome guy, a great QB and from my home town. However, I do need to ask: When will the comparisons stop?

Think you mean Desmond Howard.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I chimed in

Tried to be respectful with some solid evidence, not my interpretation of things, but solid evidence

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, personally I never thought that Favre was the MVP, to me it was Reggie, he ended the game with 2 consecutive sacks for crying out loud.

Personally, I do think that Rodgers right now is better than Favre ever was, but it's not just stats.

Here's, IMHO, the comparison:

Arm Strenght: slight edge to Favre, but Rodgers can make every single throw
Accuracy: Rodgers. Favre had better touch on the ball, but overall accuracy, Rodgers is better.
Mobility: Rodgers
Pre-snap reads: Rodgers by far
Post-snap reads: Rodgers
Pocket Presence: Favre, but it's not far, Rodgers has progressed tremenduosly in that area
Work Ethic: Rodgers
Leadership: Rodgers
Decision-Making: Rodgers in a landslide

And Rodgers has done it in every level, in the regular season and in the postseason, and he has won a title.

I have no doubt Rodgers, right now, is playing better than Favre ever has.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RS--Not sure how you can talk about leadership?

I think that might be more for someone on the team?? Because I dont know how that can be measured (imo)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RS--Not sure how you can talk about leadership?

I think that might be more for someone on the team?? Because I dont know how that can be measured (imo)
Actions, and the statement of players.

One had a separated locker room, the other praises his OL and WRs when asked why he is performing so well...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actions, and the statement of players.

One had a separated locker room, the other praises his OL and WRs when asked why he is performing so well...

Ok...But in defense, why did Brett have his own locker?

I didnt agree that he did have one..But I dont think he suggested it..Sherman was the one (if I recall correctly) but Brett could have said no to it

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched that earlier, really cool video.
Its kind of hard to compare a 4th year starting QB to a QB that has had 20 years of experience.

Favre played year in year out and he played great for 20 years.
Rodgers is still only starting off.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...But in defense, why did Brett have his own locker?

I didnt agree that he did have one..But I dont think he suggested it..Sherman was the one (if I recall correctly) but Brett could have said no to it
I think it's exactly it.

He did have a reason to have a locker room, a very good reason, he was THE focus of the media. But, in the end, he shouldn't have agreed to that, he should've recognized that he wasn't an icon, he was a leader, he should stick with his teammates.

That is also the same reason why he shouldn't have skipped OTAs and Minicamp. True, he was in the league for 20 years, he probably didn't need that work. But a lot of his teammates did. So he could skip it, but they couldn't? He had all those privileges, yet he wanted the best effort and sacrifice from his teammates? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have 10+ years in this league, yet they attend those, they don't have separate lockerrooms...

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett did great here he did get us a s.b he gave excitement in his early years,the difference with him and A-rod is A-rod will get us another s.b. part of that is because of the coach and the team,think we lost a little of that when Mike H left.

Staff online

Latest posts