Australian Packers fan

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just a warm greeting to the fellow Packers fans here, all the way from Western Australia!

Been following the Green Bay Packers ever since 1999, thanks to the Madden NFL '98 Demo of the Packers against the Broncos. At the time I had no idea how the NFL and the game really worked, so I spent my entire time lobbing Hail Mary's and hoping for the little guys to catch it. (I've since added a few more plays to my repertoire ;))

As for me, I'm 21, living in Australia, and yes, I'm an engineer*

*'ing student. (I don't have enough creativeness to come up with a better nickname.)

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the Packerforum. I was following the exploits of one of your fellow countrymen this past season. He came over here with his family to follow the Packers for a whole season. (Once in a lifetime fan.)

As Cheesey would no doubt say...You're an engineer? What kind of train do you drive? Don't worry if you don't know who Cheesey is. You will find out soon enough.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the Packerforum. I was following the exploits of one of your fellow countrymen this past season. He came over here with his family to follow the Packers for a whole season. (Once in a lifetime fan.)

As Cheesey would no doubt say...You're an engineer? What kind of train do you drive? Don't worry if you don't know who Cheesey is. You will find out soon enough.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
:lol: You know me too well DGB454!!! The train thought came to mind right away!!! :lol:
WELCOME Engineer!
And yes.......you will get to know me soon enough! My "Cheesiness" will shine through! :D

KesterTheJester

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its weird how we become fans to teams, my story is my dad travelled to america once and at the time he supported the greenbay packers and i didnt know who they were, he bought me back a packers jersey and since then ive watched the game with my paps :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its weird how we become fans to teams, my story is my dad travelled to america once and at the time he supported the greenbay packers and i didnt know who they were, he bought me back a packers jersey and since then ive watched the game with my paps :)
Sweet story KTJ! I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life! I started out watching the Packers with my Dad and Brother.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw, I work as a Software Engineer. Yes, we had to suffer through the math too, so we don't like it when people don't call us Engineers.

So, how much calculus have you had so far? I hate Calculus. I still have nightmares about it and it's been 10 years now since I've been in a math class.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw, I work as a Software Engineer. Yes, we had to suffer through the math too, so we don't like it when people don't call us Engineers.

So, how much calculus have you had so far? I hate Calculus. I still have nightmares about it and it's been 10 years now since I've been in a math class.
Zombie................do you actually USE any of that stuff, like calculus? I learned so much in school, like algebra. I had straight A's in algebra, yet if you asked me to do an algebra problem today, i couldn't do it even if my life depended on it. Why? Cause not ONCE in my "real" life have i ever had the use for algebra. I wish they would have taught more things that were really USEFUL in everyday life.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombie................do you actually USE any of that stuff, like calculus? I learned so much in school, like algebra. I had straight A's in algebra, yet if you asked me to do an algebra problem today, i couldn't do it even if my life depended on it. Why? Cause not ONCE in my "real" life have i ever had the use for algebra. I wish they would have taught more things that were really USEFUL in everyday life.

As a Software Engineer, let me see...

Um...

No.

Algebra we use all the time. Geometry a lot for gaming. Calculus, I'm sure someone uses it. Just not me.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Engineer,
Welcome to the best forum around ,pf.com

I learned about the exploits of Green Bay Packer from my dad ,when I was youngster growing up on the east side of Green Bay in 1940's and 1950's. The family home was just 4 blocks from "old wooden " City Stadium, the Packer home stadium from 1925-1956.

I have memories of watching co founder, GM and head Coach Earl"Curly" Lambeau conducting Summer training camp practices next to Green Bay East high School in the late 1940's.

The Green Bay Packers have come along way ,since those long ago days. The Green Bay Packers now have fans all over the world , like you "down under" in Australia.

PWT36 a Green Bay born and raised very longtime Packer fan, now located in DePere, Wi. which is just five miles for Historic Lambeau Field.

Members online

Latest posts