Attending Lambeau for the first time at the end of Nov...

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m making my first trip to Lambeau Field this November, for the game against the Panthers. First I’m flying to Florida, staying there two nights, flying to Chicago then onto Green Bay, staying there two nights, then back down to Florida, then back home to the U.K.

I am so excited, I seriously cannot wait, it’s going to rock

Just got some questions for people, seeing as no-one has put any info in here

1: how cold does it usually get in Green Bay at the end of November, usually? I might have to plan ahead and pack alot of warm clothing! I have saw a website which has the averages for November, it looks like it's going to be pretty cold!

2: What happens at these tailgate parties? People just hang out and stuff? I have admission to the tailgate party at the Brett Favre steakhouse. I think it starts at 9am (3 hours before kick-off), and I'm staying at a hotel right by the airport in GB. Does anyone have any idea how long it'll take to reach lambeau from here?

3: What time do they start allowing people into the stadium, to watch the players warming up and stuff? Also is there ever any chances to meet any players after the game or anything? Or anywhere around the area?

4. What is the club shop like? I'm looking to get some awesome stuff from here if it's good :)

if you think there is anything else a lambeau newbie should know, please tell me!

Thanks alot everyone, and a big thanks to wischeez for letting me post this here, and thanks to IronMan for replying in the other forum.

OP
OP
PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had another couple of questions, but I forgot one of them :(

When you rent out the seat back/cushion thing, what happens if I need to go to the bathroom or something? If I leave it on my seat, will somebody take it?

Oh yeah, I remembered the other question :)

Am I allowed to take a back-pack into the stadium?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackAttackUK said:
I had another couple of questions, but I forgot one of them :(

When you rent out the seat back/cushion thing, what happens if I need to go to the bathroom or something? If I leave it on my seat, will somebody take it?

Oh yeah, I remembered the other question :)

Am I allowed to take a back-pack into the stadium?

I would not worry about someone taking your seat cushion. Packers fans treat one another better than that.

And no, backpacks are not allowed to be brought into the stadium. You can find a list of other prohibited items here:
http://www.packers.com/gameday/gameday_information/
Security and Carry Ins
Police officers are stationed at each entrance gate to ensure your safety while visiting Lambeau Field. You and your belongings may be searched upon entry into the stadium. If you elect not to consent to being searched, you will be denied entry. Please be aware that carry-in policies my be modified from game to game as security levels change, and items permitted into the stadium may be determined at the discretion of each officer. Weapons, bags, backpacks, coolers, umbrellas, duffel bags, large purses, fanny packs, obstructive banners and signs are all strictly prohibited, as are food & beverages, video cameras and still photo cameras with lenses over 12 inches. As a general rule, please leave all unnecessary items at home.

The following exceptions are worth noting: Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are allowed if carried loosely (not in a bag). Small purses, not exceeding 8x10x12 inches, are permitted but subject to search. Small cameras, binoculars and cellular phones are acceptable if carried loosely (not in a case). Traditional stadium seats consisting of no more than a seat cushion and back rest are permitted as long as they do not exceed 18" wide. Oversized seats and/or seats with arm rests or other attachments are not allowed. Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or they will be confiscated and discarded.

OP
OP
PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUMP!

Anyone got any suggestions what I can do in Green Bay when I'm not at the game? I have a tour of Lambeau booked, and the game...and that's it! I'm there for 2 days, Saturday and Sunday

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackAttackUK said:
I’m making my first trip to Lambeau Field this November, for the game against the Panthers. First I’m flying to Florida, staying there two nights, flying to Chicago then onto Green Bay, staying there two nights, then back down to Florida, then back home to the U.K.

I am so excited, I seriously cannot wait, it’s going to rock

Just got some questions for people, seeing as no-one has put any info in here

1: how cold does it usually get in Green Bay at the end of November, usually? I might have to plan ahead and pack alot of warm clothing! I have saw a website which has the averages for November, it looks like it's going to be pretty cold!

2: What happens at these tailgate parties? People just hang out and stuff? I have admission to the tailgate party at the Brett Favre steakhouse. I think it starts at 9am (3 hours before kick-off), and I'm staying at a hotel right by the airport in GB. Does anyone have any idea how long it'll take to reach lambeau from here?

3: What time do they start allowing people into the stadium, to watch the players warming up and stuff? Also is there ever any chances to meet any players after the game or anything? Or anywhere around the area?

4. What is the club shop like? I'm looking to get some awesome stuff from here if it's good :)

if you think there is anything else a lambeau newbie should know, please tell me!

Thanks alot everyone, and a big thanks to wischeez for letting me post this here, and thanks to IronMan for replying in the other forum.
1.YES it is usually 20-40
2.YES its just usually just ppl talking and hanging around (a good tailgate place is near lambeua field,a store forgot what its called,but its near a place with great cheesecake!)
3.whenever you want,admission starts 3 hours before the game
4. the pro shop has great classic jerseys,such as bart starr,ray nitchske,and paul hornung etc. and the other shop has great stuff.such as sweatpants,sweat shirts "racoon hats" and christmas stuff.!!!

ORPackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackAttackUK said:
Damn, no backpacks sucks, and no fanny-packs too! I'm going to need to find some warm clothing with safe, deep pockets!

I carried my camera and tickets in my fanny pack when i went, they just checked it and let me in.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackAttackUK said:
BUMP!

Anyone got any suggestions what I can do in Green Bay when I'm not at the game? I have a tour of Lambeau booked, and the game...and that's it! I'm there for 2 days, Saturday and Sunday
Go to Fuzzy Thurston's (former Packers guard)Bar Saturday night. He is usually there the Saturday before night games. The address is 2511 W Mason St.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Sweet man, I'll be at this game as well!! I can't freakin' wait!

I'm going to be checking out Fuzzy's again, like IronMan said. I'm also going to be eating at Lambeau Field, and tons of other places where I can get cheese curds and Brats!! They're amazing.

I'm also going to be checking out a few other bars. Plenty of drinking to be done! People in Green Bay are super friendly, so it's easy to hang out with lots of cool people. I'm thinking about driving around more this time, checking out the surrounding areas and such. It's a beautiful place.

Where are you staying?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will you be in Green Bay Friday or Saturday before the game? You may want to check out the Hall of Fame. It's great. I don't know if they do stadium tours the day before games or not. The Pro-Shop has everything Packer you can think of (and a few things you never thought of putting a Packer logo on! ;)

Sometimes when it was cold I used to put a piece of cardboard on the ground under my feet. It will help keep your feet warm. There is a department store not far from the stadium - K-Mart, 1109 Lombardi Access Rd, Green Bay - (920) 499-3191. Call them and see if they have hand and foot warmers. These products heat up when opened and fit in your mittens (mittens keep your hands warmer than gloves do) and the foot warmers stick outside of your socks by your toes and really work! A hooded jacket will help keep your head and neck warm too. I wore the hooded jacket under my large coat. A blanket over your knees is another good idea. Have a blast visiting Mecca and tell us all about it when you get home.

BTW, where in Florida will you be? 8)

OP
OP
PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
Sweet man, I'll be at this game as well!! I can't freakin' wait!

I'm going to be checking out Fuzzy's again, like IronMan said. I'm also going to be eating at Lambeau Field, and tons of other places where I can get cheese curds and Brats!! They're amazing.

I'm also going to be checking out a few other bars. Plenty of drinking to be done! People in Green Bay are super friendly, so it's easy to hang out with lots of cool people. I'm thinking about driving around more this time, checking out the surrounding areas and such. It's a beautiful place.

Where are you staying?
I can't wait also, it's going to be sweet. I think I'll check out Fuzzy's on the saturday night before the game too, I have nothing else planned so I might aswell!

I'm staying at the Radisson hotel. What about you?

Pugger said:
Will you be in Green Bay Friday or Saturday before the game? You may want to check out the Hall of Fame. It's great. I don't know if they do stadium tours the day before games or not. The Pro-Shop has everything Packer you can think of (and a few things you never thought of putting a Packer logo on! ;)

Sometimes when it was cold I used to put a piece of cardboard on the ground under my feet. It will help keep your feet warm. There is a department store not far from the stadium - K-Mart, 1109 Lombardi Access Rd, Green Bay - (920) 499-3191. Call them and see if they have hand and foot warmers. These products heat up when opened and fit in your mittens (mittens keep your hands warmer than gloves do) and the foot warmers stick outside of your socks by your toes and really work! A hooded jacket will help keep your head and neck warm too. I wore the hooded jacket under my large coat. A blanket over your knees is another good idea. Have a blast visiting Mecca and tell us all about it when you get home.

BTW, where in Florida will you be? 8)

I get to Green Bay on the satuday at about lunch time. I have my stadium tour booked for 3pm which is awesome I can't wait :)

Thanks for the info about the feet and hand warmers. I'll be getting msyelf some of those! I've already bought myself some long-johns and thermal t-shirts ready! I don't have a winter coat, so do you think I should buy one when I get to Green Bay? How much do you think I'd be spending on a coat? I mightn't even brign it back to the UK with me, I just wear hooded jackets etc whilst I'm here!

Also, I'm staying in Orlando before and after my Green Bay journey. :)

OP
OP
PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think I should buy a coat? Or will I be warm enough with a thermal t-shirt, a game shirt, and a thermal hooded jacket? (Bare in mind I am 27 stone, so I have some 'blubber' to keep me warm haha)

I have all of my warm clothing ready, all I need is a hat!

Members online

Latest posts