At This Pace...

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers so far have scored 148 points in their first four games. If my math is right (*cough* I'm a mathematics major), then if they consistently score 148 points every 4 games over the next 12 games then they will have scored 592 points which will break the 2007 New England Patriots' 589 points (which is currently an NFL Record as most points scored in a season). It is also worth to mention that teams that score 500 points or more usually have 3 losses or less. I guess we'll see. Go Packers.

OP
OP
PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol agreed. As long as the Packers win and THEN some such as dominate with scoring outrageous points, it would be icing on the cake. Aaron Rodgers and this offense can make history in a lot of records for sure.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect the Packers to put on a show every week this season, and it's way to early because there not going to be putting up 42, 30, 27, 49 points every week. All that matters is a win!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why we can't have both, I would also love an undefeated season including Post Season and SuperBowl
Yes.
Ya know, rumor has it that a few members of the undefeated Dolphins gather and open champagne when the last undefeated team loses.
I would love it if the Packers made sure those bottles collected dust this season.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order to break the scoring record, our defense has to continue to give up points and allow the opponent to remain in the game. IMO, can't have both a shut-down defense and score a lot of points as McCarthy will not run up the score much like Belle-chick did/does with the Patriots.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The last 3 teams that broke the scoring record, none of them won the Super Bowl that year.

1983 Redskins 541 Lost to Raiders in Super Bowl XVIII 38-9
1998 Vikngs 556 Lost to Falcons in NFC Championship game.
2007 Patriots 589 Lost to Giants in Super Bowl XLII 17-14

Be careful what you wish for.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last 3 teams that broke the scoring record, none of them won the Super Bowl that year.

1983 Redskins 541 Lost to Raiders in Super Bowl XVIII 38-9
1998 Vikngs 556 Lost to Falcons in NFC Championship game.
2007 Patriots 589 Lost to Giants in Super Bowl XLII 17-14

Be careful what you wish for.
Good point, I think this team has its head securely anchored on its shoulders and is much more interested in winning than scoring boatloads of points.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The per game scoring record belongs to the 1950 LA Rams who scored 38.8 per game, ahead of the Packers pace of 37 per. And... they also lost the NFL championship game to the merger Cleveland Browns.

I would be more than okay with "almost" setting the scoring record and getting number 14.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts