At least we are in the hunt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the Reggie Bush sweepstakes...

How about those apples?

Seriously, this team NEEDS a Reggie Bush. Gado is OK but I think in the long run, there are too many ???? with him.

Did the Packers give up any picks to get him?

When its all saiid and done, Packers will be in better shape in 2006. The injuries have killed us this year.

I am, beginning to like our defense though and if this defense adds another playmaker or two, and with the return of Walker, a star running back and another year of experience at the Oline, we will be making a run for it in 2006~2007.

Right now, only thing we are making a run at is to the bathroom and for Reggie Bush... hmmm what a race...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I was pulling for Houston to win today.

I'm still not sold on Reggie Bush being bust-proof, but as you say, this team isn't that far from being competitive again, esp. in a league of parity, and with the prospect of some high selections in the early rounds.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We gave up nothing for Gado. He was a street FA when we picked him up.

As for Bush or Leinhart, I'm worried about how they'll do with the major jump to the Pros. In college both of these guys play on a team surrounded by great talent, talent better than the competition they face.
How will they do when surrounded by talent on par with the competition?

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
We gave up nothing for Gado. He was a street FA when we picked him up.

As for Bush or Leinhart, I'm worried about how they'll do with the major jump to the Pros. In college both of these guys play on a team surrounded by great talent, talent better than the competition they face.
How will they do when surrounded by talent on par with the competition?

that is a very good point. hopefully is we can get bush that wont be the case

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gado is nothing special. If you watch him he is not quick to hit the hole and not speedy. More of a fullback type. I would groom him to replace Henderson but let him carry the ball 5 or 6 times. If this is our future we are in deep trouble.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the fullback idea pax

They're currently grooming Leach for that, but with Gado's running threat, he'd be a good fb for, oh, I don't know, Reggie Bush :)

J/K...for the record, I'm still not sold on Reggie yet.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado could be incentive not to sign davenport...i also believe he is not the answer long term...but ******** i'd love to see reggie bush stay in college so all you people shut up about him

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing about Bush and Leinart not being tested in college and that they have superior talent around them. I think that's true to a point, but the big difference between the two is that as a QB, Leinhart has to rely on more the people around him to be successful than Bush does. Almost everytime we hear about a first round bust - the player being mentioned is a QB. There's a much bigger adjustment for a QB going to the Pro's as opposed to a RB going to the pro's. In my opinion, if Bush has any question marks at all, it would be can he pick up a blitz?

can_of_corn21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those of you NOT sold on Reggie Bush yet, either live on the east coast, or don't follow Pac 10 football. You obviously have not watched much of him.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
for the Reggie Bush sweepstakes...

How about those apples?

Seriously, this team NEEDS a Reggie Bush. Gado is OK but I think in the long run, there are too many ???? with him.

Did the Packers give up any picks to get him?

When its all saiid and done, Packers will be in better shape in 2006. The injuries have killed us this year.

I am, beginning to like our defense though and if this defense adds another playmaker or two, and with the return of Walker, a star running back and another year of experience at the Oline, we will be making a run for it in 2006~2007.

Right now, only thing we are making a run at is to the bathroom and for Reggie Bush... hmmm what a race...

I would beware of Reggie Bush. Sounds to me like the next coming of Tony Mandarich, ryan leaf, tim couch, andre ware and other draft flops. Dont count on top draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts