At A Moral Crossroads Packer Fans

eliminator78

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a Cleveland Browns fan and have been since '99 when they came back. Being from Kentucky and not having a local team to cheer for I began to root for the Browns when they selected Tim Couch because Kentucky football is my number one sports passion. Well we all saw how that turned out, Couch was ran out of town and made fun of even though he wasn't given any help. Fast forward to this morning. I watched a kid who is a proven winner put up a gutsy performance on the road against a much better team, once again with out help, I like Colt McCoy, he will never be a Pro Bowler but I like the kid. Any way I wake up this morning, and go to the Browns forums and there is nothing positive. Nothing. Packer fans, I'm tired of it. Browns fans are the most miserable fans I have ever been around and I owe them nothing. I owe the Cleveland Browns nothing. I bought the jerseys, the shirts, all the stupid stuff for the office, I paid for the Sunday Ticket, I have never been to Cleveland and quite frankly now never plan to be. I try to be positive this morning and I get villified for it. So now I turn to you Packer fans, and I turn to you for two reasons, firstly I have always thought that Packer fans were classy and secondly you have Randell Cobb. You will never know the love that this man has in the Big Blue Nation, He is everything thing that we as Kentucky Football fans want our school to represent. Sorry for the rant, but this morning I came to the conclusion that I had to sever a relationship that I have had for twelve years. Now I would like you opinion, I don't want to seem like a bandwagon fan, I just need something new and was thinking maybe Green Bay was the answer.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there!

You are in a tough spot. I can't speak for all Packer fans, but I would welcome you into the fold. I'm sure you saw the Packers season opener with the Saints and Randall Cobb's big run back for a touchdown. That was so awesome! We in Packer Nation are very excited about Randall and what he can bring to the table. There are some concerns as well, but we are positive about his future on the team.

Having a tough, disappointing season can really bring out the worst in the fans. If you find that your heart is still truly with the Browns once the emotions settle a bit, you might think about staying away from the forums for now.

I like Colt McCoy as well. I live in Austin and from what I could tell while he was at UT is that he's a really good kid. I was hoping for him to be successful at the Browns.

If you want to give yourself a reason to bond with the Packers, you could buy a piece of stock and become an owner!

Good luck with whatever decision you make and GO PACK GO!

Oh, and I wanted to add one more thing: even if you decide to stay with the Browns (but avoid their forum for the time being) you can still hang out here on the Packers forums. We always welcome respectful fans from other teams to post and talk about football.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!

You are in a tough spot. I can't speak for all Packer fans, but I would welcome you into the fold. I'm sure you saw the Packers season opener with the Saints and Randall Cobb's big run back for a touchdown. That was so awesome! We in Packer Nation are very excited about Randall and what he can bring to the table. There are some concerns as well, but we are positive about his future on the team.

Having a tough, disappointing season can really bring out the worst in the fans. If you find that your heart is still truly with the Browns once the emotions settle a bit, you might think about staying away from the forums for now.

I like Colt McCoy as well. I live in Austin and from what I could tell while he was at UT is that he's a really good kid. I was hoping for him to be successful at the Browns.

If you want to give yourself a reason to bond with the Packers, you could buy a piece of stock and become an owner!

Good luck with whatever decision you make and GO PACK GO!

Oh, and I wanted to add one more thing: even if you decide to stay with the Browns (but avoid their forum for the time being) you can still hang out here on the Packers forums. We always welcome respectful fans from other teams to post and talk about football.
I'll echo most of this. On this boards are several very active fans of other teams who are here because their second choice is the Packers or they are not "happy" with their chosen teams boards. Jump on the bandwagon to perfection and give this board a test drive. Afterwards, when the emotions are less, see how you feel towards all the teams and truly go with your gut. Then spend, spend, spend on new wardrobes (preferably G&G) of the team you can actually be a minority owner.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah man. Who are we (even if we are Packers fans) to turn away a willing fan of our team? If you feel the love, take your place among the forums and make yourself at home.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome! I can't imagine being a Browns fan, losing year after year after year. It must be tough. We welcome all new fans, the only thing I will add is if you choose the Packers as your team stick with us through our good times and (hopefully WAY down the line) in our tough times. Case in point when Brett left the Pack in 2008 and we were in the middle of our 6-10 season I was able to buy over 20 Green Bay Packers memorabilia items from a fellow Packers "fan" on Craigslist. He wanted $100 for Jerseys, shirts, pens, sweater, jacket, pencils, folders, mugs, etc. I asked why he was selling his stuff he said "Brett left, we SUCK. I need a new team" :tdown: I offered $45 and he accepted. I guess what I'm trying to say is your are welcome to join the Packers family, but if and when times get tough stick with us! :) That what make make us the best fan base in the NFL were are loyal.