OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Popcorns Top 15 RBs and QBs

digsthepack said:
Popcorn, McNabb is overrated because, while he has a bunch of talent and can hurt you with both his feet and his arm, he clearly lacks leadership skills...as was displayed in the lead-up, during and following the TO incident. To me, leadership...the ability to earn the trust of your team and coaches, is the most important thing a QB can possess. The guy is almost BEGGING his teammates to believe in him and follow him in the PRESS. Saying **** that should not need to be said at this "lofty" point in his career.

But that is not all...his arm is nice but nothing exceptional, and the offense around him has never really been an impressive scheme.

Manning has more pure talent than any of the QBs mentioned, but he has been, and continues to be, a choker at the big moment....just like Culpepper. And this is coming from a guy who, after the Badgers, is a big Vols fan.

McNabb is kind of like Plummer that way, but McNabb has constantly had great play in deep playoff games. 350 yards and 3 TDs in the SB. Culpepper will never win a big deep playoff game that lousy twit.

McNabb does have a great deep ball, top 3.

Manning, give him a little longer before we call him Dan Marino.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The guy I like now, a LOT, is Carson Palmer. This kid is going to set things on fire in the coming years.

The thing that really bugs me about Manning is the fact that he only plays well when inside or when the elements are good. As soon as Ma Nature takes a swipe at the guy he crumbles....and the team as a whole (well, except Bob Sanders) is soft....get in that offenses face and it doesn't work anymore.....pure finesse. They/he will put up big points, and will win a bunch of games...but when the playoffs come about and the refs let em' play (get physical)...the fold.

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
The guy I like now, a LOT, is Carson Palmer. This kid is going to set things on fire in the coming years.

The thing that really bugs me about Manning is the fact that he only plays well when inside or when the elements are good. As soon as Ma Nature takes a swipe at the guy he crumbles....and the team as a whole (well, except Bob Sanders) is soft....get in that offenses face and it doesn't work anymore.....pure finesse. They/he will put up big points, and will win a bunch of games...but when the playoffs come about and the refs let em' play (get physical)...the fold.

Palmer is a/going to be a stud.

It cant all be on Manning for the Colts, its 1/4 him and 3/4 the team.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, but his contract is so extreme, he will always be short on supporting cast. But, for even a modest 25% responsibility...that is a very disproportionate level for one guy on a 53 man roster.

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
Yeah, but his contract is so extreme, he will always be short on supporting cast. But, for even a modest 25% responsibility...that is a very disproportionate level for one guy on a 53 man roster.

His contract was insane I have no idea why people give so much money and such a long contract to people. Manning will have to step it up but its not as bad as people often think.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
Phillip Rivers is being groomed correctly, not Rodgers.

i must've missed something in that post Popcorn. you know Phillip spent 2 seasons on the bench, he's being groomed correctly. Rodgers is getting ready for his second season on the bench, but he's not?

help me out here buddy...

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

arrowgargantuan said:
Popcorn said:

i must've missed something in that post Popcorn. you know Phillip spent 2 seasons on the bench, he's being groomed correctly. Rodgers is getting ready for his second season on the bench, but he's not?

Rivers got time on the bench while playing in a few games, throwing a few balls things like that. Now he is a full-time starter, and Rodgers might not even throw a pro pass until 2008.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Popcorn said:

Rivers got time on the bench while playing in a few games, throwing a few balls things like that. Now he is a full-time starter, and Rodgers might not even throw a pro pass until 2008.

you didn't really answer my question.

Rivers spent 2 years on the bench. according to you he's being groomed properly. correct?

Rodgers is about to spend his second year on the bench, but he's not being groomed properly. correct?

i'm finding it really hard to grasp your logic here.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
arrowgargantuan said:
Popcorn said:

As Rookies
  • Rivers - Played in two games (no starts), 8 attempts.
    Rodgers - Played in three games (no starts), 16 attempts.

Second Year
  • Rivers - Played in two games (no starts), 22 attempts.
    Rodgers - Unknown.

You were saying?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

are we talking about their hair? Cuz Rodgers hair is better than Phillips

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MISSING THE POINT! Rivers has thrown balls in the pro game. Rodgers has not, Rodgers will not start anytime soon, while the Franchise still rasps at fictional hopes of a playoff berth. Which do you think is better? Talk about mental anguish.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
MISSING THE POINT! Rivers has thrown balls in the pro game. Rodgers has not, Rodgers will not start anytime soon, while the Franchise still rasps at fictional hopes of a playoff berth. Which do you think is better? Talk about mental anguish.

As Rookies
  • Rivers - Played in two games (no starts), 8 attempts.
    Rodgers - Played in three games (no starts), 16 attempts.

Second Year
  • Rivers - Played in two games (no starts), 22 attempts.
    Rodgers - Unknown.
Phillip Rivers

Aaron Rodgers

You were saying?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wish i had some popcorn to eat while I surf this thread...this is good stuff. I love debate....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

tromadz said:
I wish i had some popcorn to eat while I surf this thread...this is good stuff. I love debate....

I like debates too, this one however is no challenge once so ever.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

do you mean, "whatsoever" ?

...see....here we go. lets get reaaaaaady to ruuuuuuuuumble!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

tromadz said:
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

I could say that's what I meant and make it sound valid, but I have a good excuse so I'm gonna use it. I was rushing out the door to get to class. in my stupid *** rushing i forgot my assignment that i did last night, printed out an left it on my desk and i put it on my flash drive cuz im smart like that and guess what , i left my flash drive in my desktop im smart like that...
so here i sit, dead 6pm class is about to start and me no freakin assignment.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-

tromadz said:
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

i like this debate, watching a Packer fan own a Vikings fan

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am so terribly sorry that NFL.com had some issues and Aaron Rodgers profile was not to be found. That lead to mis-information. I am also sorry that I am not worth your time but I would also like to point out the fact that you addressed only 1 point of my multi-paragraph rebuttal. Not difficult when you only address one piece of info. :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
I am so terribly sorry that NFL.com had some issues and Aaron Rodgers profile was not to be found. That lead to mis-information. I am also sorry that I am not worth your time but I would also like to point out the fact that you addressed only 1 point of my multi-paragraph rebuttal. Not difficult when you only address one piece of info. :roll:

NFL.com is exactly where I found Aaron Rodgers profile with much ease.

How could I spend more time on your multi paragraph rebuttal when you have such a glaring error? Why would I? I don't want to have to research each alledged point to find out you misinformed about the rest.

After all you think Vick is a top 15 QB

edit, okay where the hell is this multi paragraph regarding Rivers being better groomed than Rodgers?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Where the hell is this multi paragraph about Rodgers not being groomed as well as Rivers?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts