Assorted Debates

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have at it:

1) Peyton Manning - His stats are amazing and he still has multiple years on a potent offense to get that elusive ring. His defense could still hold him back however.

2) Tom Brady - Hard to argue with 3 Rings, but aye, there's the rub: How much of that was the staunch Patriots Defense and BB? Its a nice story about how he was a 6th rounder but its not enough to get him to #2.

3) Donovan McNabb - A perfect blend of running ability and passing ability. His stats are somewhat inflated due to the one dimensional Offense of the Eagles but his touch and accuracy get him to #3. One of the best deep balls today.

4) Carson Palmer - A little early for my taste to be putting him so high so soon but his numbers and this throwing accuracy are elite. His knee injury worries some, including me, but until it proves to hamper him or delay his starting here he is.

5) Daunte Culpepper - Didnt expect this one did ya? As much as I hate Daunte his passing numbers are undeniable. He has troubles with the mental aspect of the game and he is careless with how he holds the ball when he drops back, but he is still an elite QB.

6) Matt Hasselback - A steady 3500 passer with 20+ TDs every year, his amazing performance this year boosted his ranking to me. He is everything you could want in a QB, not much to argue with here.

7) Eli Manning - A rocky start to the league today but he shows undeniable talent and skill and he soon could be knocking on the Top 5. Look for him to put up big numbers on a potent Giants Offense.

Jake Delhomme - See Matt Hasselback.

9) Byron Leftwich - A little high, yes, but if he can work out some minor issues with his game then he could be elite. Dont forget that the Jags lead the league in drops this year.

10) Michael Vick - His stats arent all that amazing and he goes to Pro-Bowls he shouldnt but his value to the Falcons is undeniable. He is an amazing player with physcial talent that is second to none in QBs today. Contrary to popular belief he is not the first of his kind: Cunningham and Tarkenton.

11) Ben Roethlisberger - Im sorry but throwing the fewest passes of anyone on this list, getting into a mortorcycle accident, without a helmet and saying watching film is "overrated' doesnt get you in the Top 10.

12) Brett Favre - As much as it pains me, he is an undeniable Top 10 QB of all time. Last season was injury plagued and he took risks. He isnt 1/2 as good as he could be with a better mental game but he is that good. Age might restrict him in the upcoming year however.

13) Trent Green - Age is the only factor in preventing him from being higher, he is a constant 4000+ passer and one of the more underrated QBs of the modern era.

14) Drew Brees - Benefited like McNabb from a capable RB but he is a steady passer who will add stability to a rocky Saints team.

15) Marc Bulger - Its debatable between him and Plummer. He could suffer without Martz.

-----------

1) LaDainian Tomlinson | San Diego Chargers
2) Tiki Barber | New York Giants
3) Clinton Portis | Washington Redskins
4) Shaun Alexander | Seattle Seahawks
5) Larry Johnson | Kansas City Chiefs
6) Rudi Johnson | Cincinati Bengals
7) Edgerrin James | Arizona Cardinals
Deuce McAllister | New Orleans Saints
9) Jamal Lewis | Baltimore Ravens
10) Ronnie Brown | Miami Dolphins
11) Carnell Williams | Tampa Bay Buccaneers
12) Warrick Dunn | Atlanta Falcons
13) Thomas Jones | Chicago Bears
14) Fred Taylor | Jacksonville Jaguars
15) Steven Jackson | St. Louis Rams

***Note: If there is someone who you think should be on this list, but isnt please keep in mind that he is #16

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Popcorns Top 15 RBs and QBs

Vick is not top 10 at QB.

Top 10 at RB maybe.

And Culpepper? Yeah, he had great 2004 numbers, but Moss made that man...how did he do since Moss left? nice....

just my opinion.

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
Vick is not top 10 at QB.

Top 10 at RB maybe.

And Culpepper? Yeah, he had great 2004 numbers, but Moss made that man...how did he do since Moss left? nice....

just my opinion.

Believe me I hate Culpepper but in terms of talent he is #5. Moss had his worst year in 2004, Culpepper had his best.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

but he was ON THE TEAM...drawing double\triple teams

opening up the running game

making life easy on culpepper

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:

Moss also missed games. Culpepper is a talent QB but doesnt play like it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
tromadz said:

If Culpepper is a talent QB but doesn't play like it, how do you know he's a talent?

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
Popcorn said:
tromadz said:

If Culpepper is a talent QB but doesn't play like it, how do you know he's a talent?

Because he sometimes shows flashes of greatness.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
Zero2Cool said:
Popcorn said:
tromadz said:

Yeah, so did Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Rams last season, but he isn't in the top 30 and he shouldn't be.

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NDPackerFan said:
Popcorn said:
Zero2Cool said:
Popcorn said:
tromadz said:

Yeah, so did Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Rams last season, but he isn't in the top 30 and he shouldn't be.

If you compare Ryan Fitzpatrick with Daunte Culpepper something is wrong.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, I'm saying Fitzpatrick showed flashes of greatness last season when he had the chance and he should not be ranked in the top 30, or probably 50.

I'm also saying that "showing flashes of greatness" is not good enough to rank you in the top 5 of NFL QB's.

Clean the popcorn out of your ears, geez. :wink:

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NDPackerFan said:
No, I'm saying Fitzpatrick showed flashes of greatness last season when he had the chance and he should not be ranked in the top 30, or probably 50.

I'm also saying that "showing flashes of greatness" is not good enough to rank you in the top 5 of NFL QB's.

Clean the popcorn out of your ears, geez. :wink:

But between Culpepper and Fitz its totally diffrent, Culpepper had a season, Fitz had a game.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OK, popcorn...here's where I let the cat out of the bag.

I was being a little sarcastic with my first comment, ok?

HOWEVER, even with Culpepper having one season, should he rank in the top 5? with ONE good season? Just my observation....

He also had about a third of a season last year where he completely SUCKED... :twocents:

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NDPackerFan said:
OK, popcorn...here's where I let the cat out of the bag.

I was being a little sarcastic with my first comment, ok?

HOWEVER, even with Culpepper having one season, should he rank in the top 5? with ONE good season? Just my observation....

He also had about a third of a season last year where he completely SUCKED... :twocents:

I actually didnt notice that. :oops:

I hate Culpepper more then you do I can guarentee that. Its not one good season he has had a couple.

McNabb third?......not even a top 15.

Please tell me you are kidding.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vick is not a top 10 QB. Green is cranking out 4,000 yard seasons on a regular basis and Vick has never even thrown for 3,000 once.
After 5 years in the pros, he has yet to throw for more than 16 TDS in a season. This is supposed to be his prime years right now.
Find out if the guy can catch and make him a slot receiver. You can still run a reverse with him or even line him up at tail back.
He is never going to be a great QB and probably not even a very good one.
The Steelers learned the same lesson years ago with Kordell.

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Philtration said:
Vick is not a top 10 QB. Green is cranking out 4,000 yard seasons on a regular basis and Vick has never even thrown for 3,000 once.
After 5 years in the pros, he has yet to throw for more than 16 TDS in a season. This is supposed to be his prime years right now.
Find out if the guy can catch and make him a slot receiver. You can still run a reverse with him or even line him up at tail back.

Green is a very good QB but too old. Vick may not have elite numbers but the Falcons are losers without him. 10 is the highest I would put him.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vick is the most overrated QB in the league. Period.

He is not even close to great. I don't even know how you can place him in the top 20, never mind the top 10. What are you basing your opinion on? His amazing passing skills??? Look what happened last season when he tried to prove to the world that he could pass... Yeah, that got him far. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Reaction score

Anubis said:

He is not even close to great. I don't even know how you can place him in the top 20, never mind the top 10. What are you basing your opinion on? His amazing passing skills??? Look what happened last season when he tried to prove to the world that he could pass... Yeah, that got him far.

I agree, Vick is the most overrated player in the league.

But the thing that got me was that Vick got a 10 year 100+ million dollar contract. :shock:

This Falcons are going to regret that BIG time in a couple of years, when Vick can't outrun defenders anymore.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
Anubis said:

He is not even close to great. I don't even know how you can place him in the top 20, never mind the top 10. What are you basing your opinion on? His amazing passing skills??? Look what happened last season when he tried to prove to the world that he could pass... Yeah, that got him far.

I agree, Vick is the most overrated player in the league.

But the thing that got me was that Vick got a 10 year 100+ million dollar contract. :shock:

This Falcons are going to regret that BIG time in a couple of years, when Vick can't outrun defenders anymore.

Yup! Let him take a few more hits on those legs and lose a step. It is just a matter of time and then see what a non-factor he becomes. That is exactly what happened to Kordell. There will be nothing to fall back on.
Steve Young, Fran Tarkington, Roger Staubach and Warren Moon all lost a step at some point in their careers but they were real QBs who happened to be able to scramble.
Vick is a RB or kick returner playing out of position.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-

Popcorn said:
Philtration said:

Green is a very good QB but too old. Vick may not have elite numbers but the Falcons are losers without him. 10 is the highest I would put him.

Green=COnsisten Vetran passer deserves top 10
Vick= Overrated mediocre QB doen't deserve top 10

and McNabb might be a tad high at 3, not saying he doesn't deserve top 15 though...

OP
OP
P

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My list takes value to the Franchise into consideration and the fact of the matter is that when Vick is gone the Falcons are well below .500

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
My list takes value to the Franchise into consideration and the fact of the matter is that when Vick is gone the Falcons are well below .500

He helps his team win, true, but not because of his ability as a QB. His feet and how elusive he is are his biggest assets as a player. He has great arm strength and no accuracy and poor decision making on his throws.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-

Popcorn said:
but he has a career 75.8 passer rating and has never had more thatn 3k yards or 16 pass TD's and it seems as if he has actually gone backwards, his best year was his second year, since then the falcons have made the playoffs 1 out of 3, years and his numbers have goten worse from his second season. In 2005 his ints hit 13 and his passser rating dropped to 73.1. look at the numbers after a good year for a second year pro in 2002 he's gone backwards: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253

Members online

Latest posts