As of 12/31, less than 13,000 tickets available

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Suffice it to say, corporations and high net worth individuals with access to large amounts of cash don't play in the same financial sand box as the average investor. They don't think about minuscule corporate bond yields and money market instruments, they have access to many strategies the average person doesn't even know or understand while still mitigating risk. We don't have to keep going back and forth about this, but my personal opinion is they were looking for a way to stretch their profitability and it backfired.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Also, administrative costs have ALWAYS been there. They've been doing playoff invoices for years and include a $3 handling fee for every check and credit card accepted. If they were truly trying to cover administrative costs, why would they suddenly bring out this change in 2013? And we're talking about holding onto money for months time, if there were administrative costs for each check returned or credit card, they would just include a service charge... which they already have built-in. This is all budgeted for, the new change was exactly that - new, and had it's own purpose.

Edit: Alright, looking back I'm starting to exhaust this subject, lol! Think I'll go find something productive to do with my day... ;)

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Having grown up in a place where its the Sub Zero of Sub Zero weather, I still get cold, but the weather, Economy, prices, Yes Prices, have a lot to do with sales I am a bit surprised with the return of Arod it is not a sell out,But would the game sell out W/O Arod, probably..but a warm house,a 60" TV is hard to beat in January and can still tail gate on the patio (maybe)…Arod buy up the rest of those tickets and donate them….

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are usually several hundred (reg season) to thousands ( playoff games) tickets available to the public every game the week of. Alot of myths out there about packer tickets.

Club seats arent offered to the wait list people but are available. I had them in 2010 for a season.

I thought the Club seats were a completely separate waiting list from the general bowl? I'm pretty sure that's the deal because a friend of mine was on that list, dating back about ten years and when they called his number, he just couldn't afford to do it - those are frickin' expensive.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Club seats were a completely separate waiting list from the general bowl? I'm pretty sure that's the deal because a friend of mine was on that list, dating back about ten years and when they called his number, he just couldn't afford to do it - those are frickin' expensive.

As far as I know they don't have a waiting list for club seats. I had them for 2010. I couldn't justify $1400 for preseason games.

H

HardRightEdge

Suffice it to say, corporations and high net worth individuals with access to large amounts of cash don't play in the same financial sand box as the average investor. They don't think about minuscule corporate bond yields and money market instruments, they have access to many strategies the average person doesn't even know or understand while still mitigating risk. We don't have to keep going back and forth about this, but my personal opinion is they were looking for a way to stretch their profitability and it backfired.
You're right. We don't have to go back and forth, but you decided to anyway. There is no magic wand or bullet for short term money, no matter how much you employ. Returns are jack squat. This is not a "money float" ploy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you furious if the game is blacked out?
What if it isn't blacked out?
I don't live in brown county, prob should have worded that better, sorry.

I'm more annoyed at the organization for how things were handled and the idea of black outs being done in markets that paid for the stadium.

I would be shocked if it's blacked out. It would be a PR disaster of epic levels.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Last I heard, Chris Havel's show on 105.7 ... approximately 3,000 tix left and the league granted an extension until 3:30 tomorrow (Friday).

It should be understood that the blackout would only affect the Green Bay, Milwaukee and Wausau Wisconsin markets. The national TV audience wouldn't be impacted at all. Frankly, sometimes I've walked away from the TV because (and remember, it's only weird if it doesn't work) my son maintains that the Pack come to life if I'm not yelling at the TV. I think I bother him. ;) ... and, lo and behold, the earth's axis is righted and he'll invite me back to the family room. In short, if I have to listen to the game via Wayne and The Rock and the Packers' Radio Network ... I'm not going to bellyache too much - I am, afterall, an excitable boy.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might as well be there if it's blacked out because I got a feeling I will be too nervous to watch again this week, as I was last week.
Last week I got busy on purpose.... but ran out of things to do and got home with 11 minutes to go and knew the score, so I watched.

This time, I don't know what to do.

I have $150 wagered now on SF -2 1/2, which I want to lose.
I still will be so nervous and stressed and pessimistic, I very well might take in a movie at about 4:00 instead.
Problem is I want to see Anchorman 2, but because I have a hernia, I don't want to laugh yet until after the surgery next week.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might as well be there if it's blacked out because I got a feeling I will be too nervous to watch again this week, as I was last week.
Last week I got busy on purpose.... but ran out of things to do and got home with 11 minutes to go and knew the score, so I watched.

I still will be so nervous and stressed and pessimistic, I very well might take in a movie at about 4:00 instead.
Problem is I want to see Anchorman 2, but because I have a hernia, I don't want to laugh yet until after the surgery next week.

Trust me, you don't need to worry about laughing at Anchorman 2. :/

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

First off Frank, allow me to wish you the worst of luck on your bet. :sneaky:

Second, my son told me that Anchorman 2 is the "a-typical sequel". Now, this coming from a guy who actually thinks that Will Farrell is a good comedic actor.

The kid claims to have a valid opinion because he has performed at the Second City in Chicago and that he is something of an expert in this regard.

So... when a 'fan' of a "Hey... I forgot the funny" crap stain like Farrell says it's "your a-typical sequel", you don't have to worry much about hurting yourself laughing. No extra charge for the interpretation and excessive use of punctuation marks.

Levi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love the other NFL fans calling Packer fans unloyal just because of one game in what I heard in 40 years to be blacked out. It's going to be a terrible cold weather game and there was a slim possibility of entering the playoffs after Aaron was injured and the Lions were picking up the pace. But still sucks to see the Pack worrying about a black out.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love the other NFL fans calling Packer fans unloyal just because of one game in what I heard in 40 years to be blacked out.
i hope that's not the case. Packer fans are anything but disloyal. Sure, some of you think the Packers are the only relevant team in the NFL (and the embodiment of perfection in that matter), but don't think any NFL fan has the right to call Packer fans disloyal

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once I think about it I like the idea of driving to Chicago to watch the game at a bar. "Oh hey guys... how did the Bears do today? Oooooh thats right. Well... At least you have Jay Cutler!"

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once I think about it I like the idea of driving to Chicago to watch the game at a bar. "Oh hey guys... how did the Bears do today? Oooooh thats right. Well... At least you have Jay Cutler!"

Yep. I'm going to Will's Northwoods - great Packer bar in the city. Gotta get there at 9:30 AM, which sucks, but there's always a long line of people there that early. Chicago is loaded with Packer fans.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. I'm going to Will's Northwoods - great Packer bar in the city. Gotta get there at 9:30 AM, which sucks, but there's always a long line of people there that early. Chicago is loaded with Packer fans.

Oh id want to go to a bears bar

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh id want to go to a bears bar

Why, so they can rub it in your face if we lose? No thanks. The farther away I am from those idiots, the better I like it. I've only been to one Packer-Bear game in Chicago, in 1993 and I'll never go back. Being around a bunch of loud-mouthed Al Capone wanna-be's isn't my idea of fun.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why, so they can rub it in your face if we lose? No thanks. The farther away I am from those idiots, the better I like it. I've only been to one Packer-Bear game in Chicago, in 1993 and I'll never go back. Being around a bunch of loud-mouthed Al Capone wanna-be's isn't my idea of fun.

I'd rather lose in the playoffs than have cutler as my QB the rest of the decade. It's an easy rebuttal

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't live in brown county, prob should have worded that better, sorry.

I'm more annoyed at the organization for how things were handled and the idea of black outs being done in markets that paid for the stadium.

I would be shocked if it's blacked out. It would be a PR disaster of epic levels.
It has nothing to do with Packers or NFL PR. It has to do with FCC regulations. Quit worrying. There are less than 3000 tickets available. Either the Packers or someone like Herb Kohl will buy whatever is left tomorrow afternoon.

D

Deleted member 6794

As far as I know they don't have a waiting list for club seats. I had them for 2010. I couldn't justify $1400 for preseason games.

They do have a separate waiting list for Club Level seats. Last year I was #7,327 on it.

Members online

Latest posts