As long as we're making predictions.....how will the NFC North finish up next year?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb.....

1) Packers -- 13-3 -- undefeated in the division
2) Lions -- 8-8 -- Lose to use twice, split with Bears, beat Vikings twice
3) Bears -- 8-8
4) Vikings -- 5-11

I'm mostly going with my gut on this and I know its very tough to be objective on one's gut feeling, but this is an honest and objective pick. I think the Lions are on the rise and the Bears and Vikings are both headed in the wrong direction.

Bears defense isn't getting any younger and I think that most of that team has lost confidence in Cutler after last season. The Vikings are in the cellar and it doesn't look like they are going to get out of it anytime soon, especially with the prospect of starting a rookie QB this year in Christian Ponder. The Vikings defense is weak and their offense is going to look a lot like -- snap the ball, hand it AP -- rinse and repeat.

Meanwhile I think the Lions looked very good at the end of last season. They had arguably the best draft in the NFL for a second year in a row. They have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball and if Stafford and Best can stay healthy I think they will be a very tough opponent this year which is why I think they finish second in the NFC North. I still think they are a year away from making the playoffs.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers 12-5
Lions 9-7
Bears 7-9
Vikings 5-11

Sad to see someone thinks the Packers are going to lose in the playoffs.

Packers 12 -3 - 1
Lions 8 -8
Bears 8 - 8
Vikings 4 - 12

Packers sweep Bears and Vikings, lose one to Lions. Lions, Bears, and Vikings have critical injuries that affect their seasons. Packers have a tie one game, after a critical injury.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot see the Bears having another solid year, they will fall off and the Lions will take advantage.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I chose the two to tie with an 8 and 8 season since I don't know how to categorize them. Bears were lucky, Lions unlucky, and the Vikings well are being rebuilt. Bears may be this years Vikings, and teh Vikings may be the Lions of hte past decade.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 12-4
Lions 9-7 as long as Stafford stays healthy
Bears 7-9 Cutler tries to make up for Championship game/ throws 22 ints
Vikings 5-11 if for not AP it would probably be a 3 win season

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol...wow

I don't understand your frustration.

With a seasoned vet, HoF QB at the helm you guys went 6-10.

So expecting you to lose 1 more game, with a rookie QB, a rookie coach, some over the hill players, a lot of quality free agents still to re-sign, in a shortened offseason, in the same division of the world champions that had 16 guys on IR, the same division of the current #2 team in the NFC and a very good up-and-coming Detroit team is crazy?

Man, if you would like some advice of a cheesehead, I say have lower expectations for your team this season. Much lower.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I HATE the bears.... but it was kinda cool beating are ARCH rival in 2 must win games
I like it better when Chi-town is competitive.... even with the sh*t talkin bears fans....

1. GB 12-4
2. Chi 9-6
3. Det 8-8
4. MN 4-12

emattes90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my prediction:

Packers 13-3 (and ultimately 16-3)
Bears 9-7
Lions 8-8
Vikings 2-14

emattes90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bookmarked!!

The Vikings arguably will start one of the worst QBs in the league this year... Their RB is getting old quick from being overused (he's the next Steven Jackson)... Sidney Rice, Ben Leber, and Ray Edwards are all on the way out the door... The DL is set to start receiving social security this season... Their secondary is aging and doesn't have a lot of talent (though I'm sure they'll sign Atari Bigby)... Things don't look good for the Vikings, It's rebuilding time! :viksux:

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
i don't understand your frustration.

With a seasoned vet, hof qb at the helm you guys went 6-10.

So expecting you to lose 1 more game, with a rookie qb, a rookie coach, some over the hill players, a lot of quality free agents still to re-sign, in a shortened offseason, in the same division of the world champions that had 16 guys on ir, the same division of the current #2 team in the nfc and a very good up-and-coming detroit team is crazy?

Man, if you would like some advice of a cheesehead, i say have lower expectations for your team this season. Much lower.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Vikings arguably will start one of the worst QBs in the league this year...

Really? Who would that be? Because I don't know who they are going to start. You must have some inside info on this one.

Their RB is getting old quick from being overused (he's the next Steven Jackson)...
You mean that RB that averages 4.8 ypc? Wait, wasn't he supposed to be injury prone when they drafted him? He's missed how many games in 4 years? 3, yup missed 3 games in 4 year. Then it was Mr. Fumble. He was supposed to be a fumble machine last year.
Sidney Rice, Ben Leber, and Ray Edwards are all on the way out the door...
It would be nice to have Leber and Rice back but if they don't resign them, not much you can do about it.
The DL is set to start receiving social security this season...
My personal favorite. if they are not getting old, then they are leaving. Average age of Vikings D lineman currently on the team. 26.9, Packers D linemen, 26.8.

Their secondary is aging and doesn't have a lot of talent (though I'm sure they'll sign Atari Bigby)...
Average age of Vikings DBs 26.8, Packers 26.7 Although I will admit, your guys are better.

Oh, and I'll wait to see who is actually going to be on the team before I make any predictions.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Really? Who would that be? Because I don't know who they are going to start. You must have some inside info on this one.

You mean that RB that averages 4.8 ypc? Wait, wasn't he supposed to be injury prone when they drafted him? He's missed how many games in 4 years? 3, yup missed 3 games in 4 year. Then it was Mr. Fumble. He was supposed to be a fumble machine last year.

It would be nice to have Leber and Rice back but if they don't resign them, not much you can do about it.

My personal favorite. if they are not getting old, then they are leaving. Average age of Vikings D lineman currently on the team. 26.9, Packers D linemen, 26.8.

Average age of Vikings DBs 26.8, Packers 26.7 Although I will admit, your guys are better.

Oh, and I'll wait to see who is actually going to be on the team before I make any predictions.

I think the only point that was being made was that the Vikings finished 6-10 last year, with a hall of famer at QB, and its not unreasonable to think they will have at least one more loss with either Joe Webb or Christian Ponder playing next season.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think the only point that was being made was that the Vikings finished 6-10 last year, with a hall of famer at QB, and its not unreasonable to think they will have at least one more loss with either Joe Webb or Christian Ponder playing next season.
It's not unreasonable to think they may have a couple more wins the way Favre was playing.

Members online

No members online now.