article on favre (cbssportsline.com)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is awesome about all this is regardless of all the changes and the new players and the new coaches and the new schemes they brought in and the better defense and everything else.......Favre is STILL the man.

MM has taken some of the risk out of it and the defense has his back but he still sees that the best chance to win means putting the ball in #4's hands and letting him OUTSMART the opponent.

It used to be he was just so damn good he could physically go out there and beat the other team. Now MM uses his knowledge and experience to sit at the line of scrimmage and beat the other teams lights out. He goes to the line then backs off, calls for the ball, then pulls his hands out, all the time watching the defense.

MM has said all along he was going to put Brett in a situation where he could be successful. Of course it was up to Brett to see it that way and put his arms around it.

Too his credit he has and it's not only worked it's really been fun to watch.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article. I remember the game (was it the Steelers? I was there... I should know) where he got a concussion and was knocked out of the game. Then suddenly he was out there again for one play, and he threw a TD pass. He SNUCK off the sideline, put himself in, and threw a TD pass. Didn't they have to keep an eye on him after that so he wouldn't try it again?

Brett is the man.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great piece umair,

I even forget sometimes, all of the injuries Brett has played through. Articles like this make for excellent reflection my friend, thanks !!!

260 Games straight, just think about it for a minute................This record will be the record to stand the test of time !!!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article!! Brett has been through 49 injuries in total but he has played through them all. He is one very tough player. And 260 games its so hard to believe, but it takes someone special to achieve that.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article. I remember the game (was it the Steelers? I was there... I should know) where he got a concussion and was knocked out of the game. Then suddenly he was out there again for one play, and he threw a TD pass. He SNUCK off the sideline, put himself in, and threw a TD pass. Didn't they have to keep an eye on him after that so he wouldn't try it again?

Brett is the man.

That was against the Kurt Warner led Giants. One of my favorite all time favorite moments! The coaching staff didn't even know he was out there until the play was going on. I'd love to see the video again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts