Article from the Daily Mirror

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This section really captures it; "It is a resolutely blue collar town, an industrial community dominated by meat-packing firms and paper plants and chimneys belching smoke.
The residents here are battered by the bitterly cold winters. The people are known for their hospitality but the landscape is bleak.
The lake is frozen and last week the son of one of the Packers’ coaches died when he fell through thin ice on the Fox River.
This is old-school America, the kind of mid-western community that makes you realise how resilient the people were who settled in this part of the country.
And their team? Well, the Packers are the kind of club anyone would be proud to support. Every game at their 72,000-capacity stadium since 1960 has been a sell-out.
The Packers are the last survivors of the small-town teams that dominated the NFL in the 1920s and 1930s and they are also the only community-owned team in major American sport."

Pittsburgh fans can claim they are "blue collar" all they want, but Pittsburgh is a nice big city now. No place in the NFL can hold a match to the utter "Americanness" (yeah I made that up) of Green Bay.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll never understand that guys argument. Is it really our fault that our nations are geographically locked away from the rest of the world?? Just because countries there are like states here (as far as distance)..... Anyone who honestly thinks it is feasible to have a league with European teams facing american teams is just bewildering to me.

Members online

Latest posts