Arrington TALKED to Brett

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
........some see anyone that disagrees with them as idiots.

cheesey: I never called anyone an idiot and have no problem with people disagreeing. For Christ sake I responded to some of the guys in a thread in a football forum. I had no idea this was such a "sensitive" group of guys -- especially with all of the big talk. I will be more carefull in who I respond to in the future.

cheesey said:
I also see TT as needing to be given a CHANCE before we throw him to the wolves. Lets see what he can do before giving up on him.

I agree.

I have never proposed throwing TT to the wolves or even firing him for that matter. But is questioning his decisions and moves or perhaps better said lack-there-of out of bounds in a football forum?

I have given the man props and said I hope he succeeds. I guess anything short of a loyalty oath and puckering my lips on his butt will be coming up short by some folks standard.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Your steadfast refusal to allow for other opinions in this dialogue speak to a serious superiority complex. You know, if you wish to go back through the years, I provided more than ample reasons, things that actually occured on the field (or that did not occur), Bruce, for why I did not think MS was the right guy to lead the team. Choose to disagree, Bruce...but let's not climb down people's throats just because you disagree...or because a sentiment you do not agree with gets a little too much play for your liking on the forum.

Go back and read your post and tell me you aren't climbing down people's throats.

I admire your passion, but come on...you are acting like I disparaged your family or something...and no...the Packers are NOT your family.

No, digs I did not climb down your throat. I disagreed with you -- nothing more or nothing less. You are the one saying that it is out of bounds to question Ted Thompson and ignoring your hypocrisy in picking and choosing who it is alright to disparage.

Further, you have no idea what my relationship with Mike Sherman is and it is none of your business. I never thought or implied that the Packers were my family, but that is another example of your distorting truth to fit your argument. I have repeatedly said that Mike Sherman was a good man who is now simply part of the great history that is Green Bay Packer football. I am not obsessed with rehashing the past or disparaging any EX-coach. He is gone, let him fade into history.

But when some of us do and start discussing the current situation and state of affairs it is met with, "who are you to question Ted Thompson!" and "nothing is TT's fault or responsibility, it is that incompetent Mike Sherman's fault!" Several of us strongly disagree with this sycophant mentality, but I guess it us who are not entitled to an opinion -- right?

I don't care how much play an issue or opinion gets in this or any forum. Have you notice that I am an infrequent visitor?

I am sorry that disagreeing feels like jumping down your throat.

I am not the person writing non-football related posts hurling insults or sarcasm at you while you are not even logged on to the forum. Take a look in the mirror there Bro before throwing rocks at glass houses.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, lemme see here, Bruce. I am not the one who called your opinions "ignorant ********"..that would be you, Bruce...your words. Care to take ownership...it is there for EVERYONE to see, Bruce!!???? Is that playing nice and simply disagreeing with someone...Bruce?

I could really not give a **** about any relationship you may have had with MS...I think all of us, even those that disliked him as a coach, regard him as a very decent man...the kind of guy you would like for a neighbor or friend...but that has nothing to do with coaching. Sorry that you have confused the two.

You know, Bruce...when you disagree with someone, call them "ignorant" and their comments "********".(your words, Bruce...not mine).....you should probably expect a little something in return.

Hey....if I called your opinions "ignorant ********" (again..your words, Bruce) how would you take it? As a nice, friendly debate of opinions...or a direct insult from a small minded little man?

Play nice or don't play at all...Mr. "Ignorant ********".

Christ...you cannot even remember insulting people with your raging self esteem.

Yeah, Bruce...I am the one who brought this conversation down to personal attacks.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I find it very cowardly for people to argue publicly when they could simply 'man up' and take it to the Private Message box.

Let's get back on topic and save a soon-to-be locked thread.

longtimefan said:
Favre's sales pitch not good enough

Arrington had talk with QB

By TOM SILVERSTEIN
[email protected]
Posted: April 25, 2006
It's easy to assume that quarterback Brett Favre's uncertain status played a role in free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington's decision to reject the Green Bay Packers' offer and sign with the New York Giants.
But Arrington told the Washington Times last weekend that Favre intervened on the Packers' behalf late in the process to strongly encourage the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker to sign with the Packers. Arrington told the newspaper that Favre nearly swayed him to accept an offer from Green Bay that was thought to be for more money than what the Giants offered.

One of Arrington's agents, Kevin Poston, confirmed that Arrington didn't take the best offer on the table, telling the Newark Star-Ledger that one of the teams offered slightly more, although he declined to name the team. The Packers and Giants were thought to be the two finalists in the Arrington sweepstakes, with Miami and Jacksonville making pitches as well.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he had no knowledge of Favre playing a role in recruiting Arrington. Neither Poston nor Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, could be reached for comment.

But the Times reported that Arrington received a sales pitch from Favre before he made his decision and thought hard about it.

Thompson remained vague about Favre's status for next season and said he, like everyone else, was waiting to hear whether he would return this season. Meeting with reporters at a pre-draft news conference Monday in Green Bay, Thompson seemed at ease with the possibility that Favre would wait until after the draft to make his decision and indicated that it wouldn't affect his plans for this weekend.

"He has reached a certain position in this game and the respect we all have for him, he's trying to make this decision and is trying to do it in the best way he can for him and his family," Thompson said. "You wished we had it earlier. We had this so-called timeline, but it was always throwing the dart at the calendar. We'd like to know but I'm sure he'd like to know."

Asked if he expected to hear something before the draft, Thompson said: "I've gotten to the point where I'm not necessarily anticipating, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if we got some sort of answer. I'm probably the same as you guys."

If Favre was playing recruiter for the Packers it would seem to indicate a strong desire to return, but he has said in various interviews that he's feeling the itch to play but doesn't want to endure another 4-12 season. Arrington expressed to the Times that the fact the Packers were 4-12 last season and that Favre might play only one more year were factors that weighed on his mind.

Now that Arrington has gone to New York, the last big-name free agent out there is cornerback Charles Woodson, who remains high on the Packers' wish list. Talks with Woodson and his agent, Carl Poston, Kevin Poston's brother, continued Monday. The Packers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the front-runners for Woodson's services and it's possible the veteran cornerback will make a decision on his new home before the draft.

The fact the Packers are coming off their first losing season since Favre became the starter in 1992 and Favre is nearing the end of the road probably isn't doing the Packers many favors in free agency. Add in the uncertain status of wide receiver Javon Walker, who has vowed never to play for the team again, and Green Bay has lost a lot of its cachet.

Arrington listed factors such as remaining in the NFC East where he could play against his old team twice a year, staying close to his home in Annapolis, Md., and playing in a big city as factors that led him to the Giants. But he also identified the Giants as "a winning team, a team heading in the right direction," in the Times interview.

If the Packers are able to sign Woodson it would certainly be an argument against Green Bay returning to the barren northern outpost it was in the 1970s and '80s. The Packers are going up against a Buccaneers team that features Woodson's old Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden, whose persuasiveness can lead players to take less money to play for him.

However, Thompson reiterated that he is not going to engage in profligacy to build his football team.

"We will continue to make efforts to do some things," Thompson said.

"We do try to make certain what we do is not just fantasy football. We're investing in a player that has to come in here and play a particular role. If we don't think that player can perform to that contract it doesn't make sense for us to do it just to say, 'Look at what we spent.' "

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Well, lemme see here, Bruce. I am not the one who called your opinions "ignorant b.s."..that would be you, Bruce...your words. Care to take ownership...it is there for EVERYONE to see, Bruce!!???? Is that playing nice and simply disagreeing with someone...Bruce?

I could really not give a **** about any relationship you may have had with MS...I think all of us, even those that disliked him as a coach, regard him as a very decent man...the kind of guy you would like for a neighbor or friend...but that has nothing to do with coaching. Sorry that you have confused the two.

You know, Bruce...when you disagree with someone, call them "ignorant" and their comments "b.s.".(your words, Bruce...not mine).....you should probably expect a little something in return.

Hey....if I called your opinions "ignorant b.s." (again..your words, Bruce) how would you take it? As a nice, friendly debate of opinions...or a direct insult from a small minded little man?

Play nice or don't play at all...Mr. "Ignorant b.s.".

Christ...you cannot even remember insulting people with your raging self esteem.

Yeah, Bruce...I am the one who brought this conversation down to personal attacks.

I said one thing that you wrote was ignorant BS, I have no problem owning it. I very specifically broke down your post as to seperate the issues. What followed was that it was any GM's job to try and get his team to the promised land. I am sorry that was so over the top for you.

I am not confusing the two issues with Mike Sherman. He is the EX-COACH, I am attempting to discuss the current situation. I am sorry that is so confusing or unclear to you.

I have no wish to start or continue a feud with you. I am sorry that I obviously hurt your feelings. I strongly disagreed with an opinion and said that opinion was ignorant BS -- not that you were an idiot or not entitled to your opinion -- rather that I strongly disagreed.

I am serious when I write that I thought I was simply discussing football with some guys in a football forum. I had no idea that it would cause such a controversy. Hell if you read the multiple responsed post you will find areas of agreement as well as areas of disagreement.

As for raging self esteem, yeah I have a great family and a great life why should I not have strong self esteem? My self-esteem is not wrapped up in or measured in a football forum. I am sorry that my strong opinion may have damaged yours.

Here is hoping you get an infusion of "raging self esteem." I will be sure to either ignore or treat your posts with kid gloves in the future. I truly am sorry that it caused such a ruckus.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, zero...apparently I am too "ignorant" to know any better.

Back to the topic..............

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Sorry, zero...apparently I am too "ignorant" to know any better.

Back to the topic..............

Never said that. I just prefer to not see any pissing matchs outside of the "Smack Area" (which I'd like to see more there personally heh j/k)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So Zero..

Now you're threatening to lock posts if people disagree with one another..??

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
:walks in, notes the HUGE amount of testosterone, runs out:

It is not the product of glands that is disturbing.

It is more than than what zero points out.

It is the need to have discipline in posting.

Just because someone has the last word doesn't mean they win the argument.

(Unless you're Ryan)

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs and I go way back and are cool with each other. Zero was right, once it got personal it should have gone to PM.

I apologize to the board.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Way to go....Bruce..

Now you got ME in trouble..! :shock:

(....thanks buddy!)

Members online

Latest posts