1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Arrington TALKED to Brett

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cheesey: I never called anyone an idiot and have no problem with people disagreeing. For Christ sake I responded to some of the guys in a thread in a football forum. I had no idea this was such a "sensitive" group of guys -- especially with all of the big talk. I will be more carefull in who I respond to in the future.

I agree.

I have never proposed throwing TT to the wolves or even firing him for that matter. But is questioning his decisions and moves or perhaps better said lack-there-of out of bounds in a football forum?

I have given the man props and said I hope he succeeds. I guess anything short of a loyalty oath and puckering my lips on his butt will be coming up short by some folks standard.
  2. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, digs I did not climb down your throat. I disagreed with you -- nothing more or nothing less. You are the one saying that it is out of bounds to question Ted Thompson and ignoring your hypocrisy in picking and choosing who it is alright to disparage.

Further, you have no idea what my relationship with Mike Sherman is and it is none of your business. I never thought or implied that the Packers were my family, but that is another example of your distorting truth to fit your argument. I have repeatedly said that Mike Sherman was a good man who is now simply part of the great history that is Green Bay Packer football. I am not obsessed with rehashing the past or disparaging any EX-coach. He is gone, let him fade into history.

But when some of us do and start discussing the current situation and state of affairs it is met with, "who are you to question Ted Thompson!" and "nothing is TT's fault or responsibility, it is that incompetent Mike Sherman's fault!" Several of us strongly disagree with this sycophant mentality, but I guess it us who are not entitled to an opinion -- right?

I don't care how much play an issue or opinion gets in this or any forum. Have you notice that I am an infrequent visitor?

I am sorry that disagreeing feels like jumping down your throat.

I am not the person writing non-football related posts hurling insults or sarcasm at you while you are not even logged on to the forum. Take a look in the mirror there Bro before throwing rocks at glass houses.
  3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :walks in, notes the HUGE amount of testosterone, runs out:
  4. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, lemme see here, Bruce. I am not the one who called your opinions "ignorant bullshit"..that would be you, Bruce...your words. Care to take ownership...it is there for EVERYONE to see, Bruce!!???? Is that playing nice and simply disagreeing with someone...Bruce?

I could really not give a **** about any relationship you may have had with MS...I think all of us, even those that disliked him as a coach, regard him as a very decent man...the kind of guy you would like for a neighbor or friend...but that has nothing to do with coaching. Sorry that you have confused the two.

You know, Bruce...when you disagree with someone, call them "ignorant" and their comments "bullshit".(your words, Bruce...not mine).....you should probably expect a little something in return.

Hey....if I called your opinions "ignorant bullshit" (again..your words, Bruce) how would you take it? As a nice, friendly debate of opinions...or a direct insult from a small minded little man?

Play nice or don't play at all...Mr. "Ignorant Bullshit".

Christ...you cannot even remember insulting people with your raging self esteem.

Yeah, Bruce...I am the one who brought this conversation down to personal attacks.
  5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I find it very cowardly for people to argue publicly when they could simply 'man up' and take it to the Private Message box.

Let's get back on topic and save a soon-to-be locked thread.

6. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I said one thing that you wrote was ignorant BS, I have no problem owning it. I very specifically broke down your post as to seperate the issues. What followed was that it was any GM's job to try and get his team to the promised land. I am sorry that was so over the top for you.

I am not confusing the two issues with Mike Sherman. He is the EX-COACH, I am attempting to discuss the current situation. I am sorry that is so confusing or unclear to you.

I have no wish to start or continue a feud with you. I am sorry that I obviously hurt your feelings. I strongly disagreed with an opinion and said that opinion was ignorant BS -- not that you were an idiot or not entitled to your opinion -- rather that I strongly disagreed.

I am serious when I write that I thought I was simply discussing football with some guys in a football forum. I had no idea that it would cause such a controversy. Hell if you read the multiple responsed post you will find areas of agreement as well as areas of disagreement.

As for raging self esteem, yeah I have a great family and a great life why should I not have strong self esteem? My self-esteem is not wrapped up in or measured in a football forum. I am sorry that my strong opinion may have damaged yours.

Here is hoping you get an infusion of "raging self esteem." I will be sure to either ignore or treat your posts with kid gloves in the future. I truly am sorry that it caused such a ruckus.
  7. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, zero...apparently I am too "ignorant" to know any better.

Back to the topic..............
  8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Never said that. I just prefer to not see any pissing matchs outside of the "Smack Area" (which I'd like to see more there personally heh j/k)
  9. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    So Zero..

Now you're threatening to lock posts if people disagree with one another..??
  10. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is not the product of glands that is disturbing.

It is more than than what zero points out.

It is the need to have discipline in posting.

Just because someone has the last word doesn't mean they win the argument.

(Unless you're Ryan)
  11. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    digs and I go way back and are cool with each other. Zero was right, once it got personal it should have gone to PM.

I apologize to the board.
  12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Please read your PM.
  13. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    i love this place!