Arrington or Woodson?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so from what i understand, being under the minimum won't cause the team to incur any penalties. but for any amount under the minimum, the team will disperse that amount amongst the rostered players. ?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so i guess it isnt as terrible as it could be... but lets just not stick around to find out. get plummer and arrington and good draft picks and june 1st cuts. id be more than happy with that

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why we don't kill two birds with one stone. I say sign Lavar to a non-cap friendly deal for this year (roster bonuses and such that count against this years cap). That way, it eat's up a bunch of room getting us to the minimum salary and it will also allow us to cut him next year if he doesn't pan out. This is similar to what Dallas did with TO. I can't imagine Lavar being too upset getting 6 or 7 million in guarantees if it means he might be a free agent again next year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly, that's what i said. however much we are under the cap minimum we are this year is dispersed amongst the players at the end of the year, so we won't be saving any money being under the minimum. blow arrington away this year and let him earn the money in the coming years. BIG bonus

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we're at it, I don't see why we shouldn't pull the same move on Woodson. We need to start using this years cap excess to fuel later cap excesses. Wasted cap room is just that, a waste.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrington is a head case that free lances too much and gets burned. Take Woodson, draft Hawk or trade down for extra picks in first two rounds.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Pax, He does freelance to much and always has. The difference is he used to Freelance and make plays, these days he freelances and does not make the plays he used to. 3 tackles a game for the last 2 years, post injury and he wants 10 million? Forget it!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Woodson will get offered more money, then he already has. If he doesn't want to play in the green in gold for what we offered then so be it.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the latest from KFFL, both guys offered contracts but neither demands are met.

It's a waitning game now, will someone else offer more money or do these guys come down on their asking prices?

TT has offered a contract to both so negotiations arer still ongoing.

We did sign another WR!!! look below.

Packers | Team still in the running for Arrington; he's not close to signing
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:45:29 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers remain in the running for free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins), however, they are not close to signing him.

Packers | Team offers contract to Woodson; he says no
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:43:47 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have reportedly offered a contract to free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders). The contract did not satisfy his financial demands

Packers | Team signs Bookman
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:42:52 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have signed street free agent WR Leo Bookman. He is a former Kansas wide receiver and track and field sprinter. Bookman hasn't played football since the 2002 season, when he quit Kansas team to focus on track. In November, Bookman received a public warning from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for testing positive for a banned substance that can be used only with prior medical approval, which Bookman did not have

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move by TT, and every other team in the league. Either take it or leave it boys. You ain't worth the Jack you want and it's starting to look like noone's gonna give it to ya. Maybe I will go to my Boss tommorrow and ask him for a 4 million dollar raise cause I think I'm worth it.........Idiots!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok good at least there is a contract out on the table. I dont think anyone is going to pay them what they want so we got a good chance.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard Both Arrington and Woodson have the Poston brothers as Agents. I have also heard they are the perhaps two of the most difficult Player Agents to deal with. Very demanding !! Probably why both players are on the FA market yet! I wonder how long Packers GM Ted Thompson will put up with these two brothers! Not very long, I would guess.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Good move by TT, and every other team in the league. Either take it or leave it boys. You ain't worth the Jack you want and it's starting to look like noone's gonna give it to ya. Maybe I will go to my Boss tommorrow and ask him for a 4 million dollar raise cause I think I'm worth it.........Idiots!
The difference being that 70,000 people wont pay $100 a seat to watch you in an office.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think its going to Cost TT his job, he's only one of the many teams that refuse to pay him.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to idiot agents you have Rosenhause #1 then The Poston Brothers.
Lavaar Arrington has a chance to prove that what he said about being excited at the possibility of becoming a Packer is just not a bunch of hype talk.
He can tell the Postons to get a deal done that will bring him to Green Bay.

There has to be a middle point somewhere that will make L.A. and TT happy, let's see if they can get together and agree where that point is.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, I bet his 'INTEREST' changed dramatically when he found out GB wasn't going to cave to his ridiculous demands.

I would have an interest in becoming a Podiatrist if I got paid 10 million

Members online

Latest posts