Are you worried about the safety position?

Are you worried about the safety position?

• Yes. Marquand isn't proven, and oh yeah...he is hurt!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Marquand is a good leader and will do the job fine.

• No. We have Culver and Underwood who are looking good.

• Yes. Marquand is hurt, and we have 2 OTHER unproven safeties.

• Total voters

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, not Nick Collins, the OTHER safety spot!

I am becoming a little worried, since Marquand STILL hasnt been on the field much. I like underwood\culver....but....young!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Manuel should be able to handle it. If not, he's got some capable backups. Sure, they're young.. but it's not like we don't have youth at almost all of our other positions either.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No not worried I think Manuel will be able to handle it and I'm hoping to see him make some good interceptions or tackles

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the weakest spot on the defense right now. Who knows if Manuel can or will ever play? So far I put him right in the group with the rest of the always injured players like Davenport, Ferguson, Martin, etc.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
no, not Nick Collins, the OTHER safety spot!

I am becoming a little worried, since Marquand STILL hasnt been on the field much. I like underwood\culver....but....young!

Manuel hasn't been on the field at all and this is perplexing being as his injury was not supposed to be serious when he was signed.
I question how long he will last if he ever does take the field.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously TT had faith in him, and I haven't really heard anything negative, but the fact that he's had some good PT and has 0 career forced turnovers is a little scary.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he had an interception in the NFC Championship game.

Him not having Interceptions was a lie created by TT-Haters who no longer come here, with their irrational lies and stupidity.

but i hear ya(except the int part)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel should be pretty solid. As for the injury, he doesn't have a large history of injuries like davenport so it is ignorant to lump him in with him, but he should be fine in plenty of time, and the best way to judge a guy that played on another team is to ask the fans about the player, and the seahawks fans i've talked to think he is a really good player.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Him not having Interceptions was a lie created by TT-Haters who no longer come here, with their irrational lies and stupidity.

but i hear ya(except the int part)

haha...he has 1 in 4 years!

how is that a lie!?!?!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, saying he doesnt have 1 interception - is a lie

im not arguing that his years\int ratio is good. n**** please.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't like Marquand was brought in for his pass coverage ability. He is going to be the Strong Safety and he is very good against the run. He has shown an ability to cover the pass as well especially in big games. He had an interception in the playoffs and apparently Seahawks fans think that if he hadn't gotten hurt, they could of won the Super Bowl because the safety that backed him up got burned badly, so it isn't like he is awful against the pass either.

Reaction score
tromadz said:
all about da packers said:
Er, trom are you high, drunk, or a lot of both?

why, because i stated a fact?

Was joking man.

I think more so than anything, Manuel was signed for his leadership and the ability to relate plays. He doesn't need much practice at that, so it is just a matter of him getting back into the thick of things with tackling and running. I think 2 pre-season games will do that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he can get on the field. I like Manuel but he is not a big playmaker it seems. He does a solid job and seems to do his part on the field.

Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I hope he can get on the field. I like Manuel but he is not a big playmaker it seems. He does a solid job and seems to do his part on the field.

Well I would say that if Woodson performs up to par, Collins builds on his rookie year, and if Barnett can finally figure things out/be motivated more because of Hodge then the playmakers on D will take care of themselves. I think TT went in to the offseason seeing Collins as the playmaker at safety, and needing someing who is a more grounded type of player to play beside him. The upside with Manuel is that he will hopefully take Collins under his wing.

Members online

Latest posts