Are we the deepest team in the NFL?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted a statistic about the average weight of the defensive lines of all teams that played a base 3-4 defense last season some weeks ago and I wasn´t able to find any correlation to the success of stopping the run.

It´s not about the size of the defensive linemen, it all comes down to talent on the front 7.
You're confusing me with facts.....

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted a statistic about the average weight of the defensive lines of all teams that played a base 3-4 defense last season some weeks ago and I wasn´t able to find any correlation to the success of stopping the run.

It´s not about the size of the defensive linemen, it all comes down to talent on the front 7.
I'm not arguing your interesting stats, but I'd still like to see someone the size of Pennel at the nose tackle--he could become another young Vince Wilfork who drags a couple of blockers to the QB on passing downs and frees up the LBs on running downs. Wilfork was listed at 325, but he looked like he weighed about 425 and could still move.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not arguing your interesting stats, but I'd still like to see someone the size of Pennel at the nose tackle--he could become another young Vince Wilfork who drags a couple of blockers to the QB on passing downs and frees up the LBs on running downs. Wilfork was listed at 325, but he looked like he weighed about 425 and could still move.

The point of argument with the stat I brought up is not to point out that lighter defensive lines are more capable of stopping the run but that the talent level on the front 7 is the most important factor.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. The answer is clearly no. My guess is we'd trade every backup seattle has on defense and on the oline for every backup we have.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts