Are we going to bring in a WR?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
you're not getting it...still.

you guys want TT to bring in a vet...to START (at least tommy does). Thats not happening.

we all want TT to bring in a #6 (not #1,2,3) WR.

do you see the difference?

I dont think you do.

right now, players available are ROLE players, and players who provide DEPTH. NOT starters, ESPECIALLY starting guards(a hot commodity). WTF is wrong with you?

holy ****, man. getting drunk early? Wait till Sunday.

No I want TT to bring in a Vet for depth. I already gave up on TT doing it for a starter. He SHOULD have done it, but now its to late.

Who exactly is our #5 reciever?

lol, ive replied, in depth, about our WR situation. dont try and bait me. ur done, man. you got nothing. its over. this threads done for me.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
NDPackerFan said:
Is it almost September 10th yet? You would think we
were all cheering for different teams for cripes sake....GO PACK GO!

Umm. I still go for the female team. I haven't changed that nor will I. Thank you!

We should have a 4 page limit on threads. Hit fourth page LOCK! :)

At least I know you and I will be rooting for the same team then Z2C. :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, but nobody worth anything will be brought in. your jaw wont drop when someones brought in.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ok, but nobody worth anything will be brought in. your jaw wont drop when someones brought in.

The summary of the Last 2 years of GB Packer football

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying the front office couldn't do a better job bringing guys in but people got to remember they can't just say we need a guy for this position or that position and get him(at least a quality one) there are 31 other teams all trying to fill the same holes. That being said when a guy does come availible that could help all the more important to not sit on hands and sign him.

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I keep waiting for TT to bring in a receiver. Surely we are not going to go into the 1st game with only 4. Other than Koren Robinson has anyone heard anything about anyone else. I know the Bears brought in Watts for a look.

Barring injury, TT will not bring in another WR.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
No I want TT to bring in a Vet for depth. I already gave up on TT doing it for a starter. He SHOULD have done it, but now its to late.

I agree pyle and most know I liked what Green Bay did this off season especially on defense but depth is probably as big as a hole on the offensive line as a starter is. We have nobody backing up rookie guards and two solid tackles.

I also hate having 4 WR's. One of the TE's have to go. Let go of Lee or Martin and sign a WR. Hopefully that get's done but it's getting closer to gameday and I'm starting to see it won't happen. So far I'm not happy with how Green Bay ran the waiver wire. At least we grabed Robert Thomas last year and he ended up starting Week 1.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:

I agree pyle and most know I liked what Green Bay did this off season especially on defense but depth is probably as big as a hole on the offensive line as a starter is. We have nobody backing up rookie guards and two solid tackles.

I also hate having 4 WR's. One of the TE's have to go. Let go of Lee or Martin and sign a WR. Hopefully that get's done but it's getting closer to gameday and I'm starting to see it won't happen. So far I'm not happy with how Green Bay ran the waiver wire. At least we grabed Robert Thomas last year and he ended up starting Week 1.

Your sold on Humphrey I see, Porky. I haven't seen enough of him to have any real opinion. I HAVE seen enough of Martin however. They just let him go. I keep expecting GB to sign another WR any day now but itlooks like it's not going to happen. Barring any injuries we should be able to get through week 1 and maybe TT can get 1 from whatever fodder remains.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:

Your sold on Humphrey I see, Porky. I haven't seen enough of him to have any real opinion. I HAVE seen enough of Martin however. They just let him go. I keep expecting GB to sign another WR any day now but itlooks like it's not going to happen. Barring any injuries we should be able to get through week 1 and maybe TT can get 1 from whatever fodder remains.

I like Humphrey by default. He's been working at FB as well from what I heard on the radio. He's a better blocker than Lee and Martin and that means something heading into this season.

Lee hasn't impressed me at all. He has bad hands and that's something we don't need. Martin is the most inconsistent player on this team outside of Fergy.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
i'm not bashing him, trommy...yet! it just seems to me like good ole teddy boy is playing with fire. a questionable o-line, one veteran receiver, & a beloved aging QB makes a scary combination. if his inaction causes favre to get injured, THEN i'll be bashin his *** from here to eternity!!!!!!!

Careful, 4Pack... The resident TT Cheerleading Team might toss you in with the rest of us Packer-Hating TT Bashing lot... Some of these guys seem to think that any negative comment about TT should warrant capital punishment. :roll:

BTW: Is that your picture in your avatar? Because if it is, I think even these guys would grant you a stay of execution! ;)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you bringing up my name for no reason? I didnt say anything to her about that....4 pages ago. why do that? Oh, to continue your banter? cmon now.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Why are you bringing up my name for no reason? I didnt say anything to her about that....4 pages ago. why do that? Oh, to continue your banter? cmon now.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - Anubis never brought up your name. He brought up "The resident TT Cheerleading Team"

Now thats almost as funny as the link from 2004 you posted earlier!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - Anubis never brought up your name. He brought up "The resident TT Cheerleading Team"

LOL!!!

My god... What a tool. :lol:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Seems Watts has visits with the Bears and Seahawks set up

What about Watts? I have read that he is very fast, runs good routes, and gets open. I also read that he has a case of the drops. Especially after a Raider game where he dropped a winning TD. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good.

Anyone know anything about him?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
i'm not bashing him, trommy...yet! it just seems to me like good ole teddy boy is playing with fire. a questionable o-line, one veteran receiver, & a beloved aging QB makes a scary combination. if his inaction causes favre to get injured, THEN i'll be bashin his *** from here to eternity!!!!!!!

Imagine sweet little 4packgirl with TT in a headlock and TT begging for mercy lol. Sorry, I will stop now, I just couldn't resist !!!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This question(and most others on this forum) is somewhat flawed in that many on this forum seem to believe that GB could somehow actually be a contender and/or significantly improved from last year. I am sorry to say that this line of thinking could best be described as wishful.

If it were true that this team had a legitimate chance the 5-6 WR positions, experience on the OL, etc. would all be legitimate questions to debate. The sad reality is that the Packers are in a state of decline/rebuilding(not due to any of the actions or inactions of TT, but rather an NFL system designed to shorten the shelf lives of elite teams;salary cap issues; failed FA signings and Draft choices over the past 5-6 years; and, lack of luck).

Any moves made to bring in people either earlier in free agency or now through the rest of the season will have little or no impact on the success of this team - unless you consider 6-7 wins being alot better then 3-4(unless of course the free agent signings were Terrell Owens and E. James).

The reality is the Packers are and have been for the past three or four years in decline. The crap hit the fan last year when the only impact player on the team was Favre(due to injury to Walker and injury/decline of Green), and it appears to be much the same this year.

TT has invested much in accumulating draft choices the past 2 years, why not see what they are made of and develop them by playing and experiencing rather than sitting behind some midlevel stiff for a year or two?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts