Are the pieces in place

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got a new coach who had a fairly successful first season. We've got Ted Thompson now in his third draft. We've turned the roster over, and there are only slim reminders of what was here prior to Thompson coming in. Although the draft hasn't been spectacular it appears at the very least to be solid. It looks like McCarthy can coach and it looks like he's pretty inspirational. Harlan is leaving in May. That in my opinion is a key piece to this puzzle. Do we have all the pieces in place to put this team back on top and keep it there? If not, what's missing? We all know about the holes on the field, so I'm talking coaching on up. Are we happy with the scouting, the college drafts, the free agent picks ups? Do we have the pieces in place to remain financially sound to be able to compete with the big cities? Whether we like it or not, what happens on the field is dictated by what happens upstairs behind closed doors. Are the pieces now in place?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll have to see what we get in this year's draft, along with how some of the just good/average picks step up their games this year (Collins, Blackmon, Underwood, Spitz, Jolly, etc.) Also, we'll have to see how Woodson and Pickett perform in their 2nd years with the Pack, along with who we get this season. If we make a couple of good FA pickups, have a good draft, and the likes of Underwood and Collins step up their games a bit, I'd be ready to say that our coaching staff and front office is sufficient to return us to being a consistently winning team. As far as being financially sound, we're not hurting for sponsors or ticket sales like other small markets at all.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got a new coach who had a fairly successful first season. We've got Ted Thompson now in his third draft. We've turned the roster over, and there are only slim reminders of what was here prior to Thompson coming in. Although the draft hasn't been spectacular it appears at the very least to be solid. It looks like McCarthy can coach and it looks like he's pretty inspirational. Harlan is leaving in May. That in my opinion is a key piece to this puzzle. Do we have all the pieces in place to put this team back on top and keep it there? If not, what's missing? We all know about the holes on the field, so I'm talking coaching on up. Are we happy with the scouting, the college drafts, the free agent picks ups? Do we have the pieces in place to remain financially sound to be able to compete with the big cities? Whether we like it or not, what happens on the field is dictated by what happens upstairs behind closed doors. Are the pieces now in place?

Close. Kurt S needs to go. Other than that, I like our coaching staff. I think MM is a fast learner and adopts to problems and does what he can to correct them. There were a few times this season he was lost, but put anyone else in his shoes and he's done a d*** fine job. I could see him being a top coach in the next few years.

I'm sort of on TT's side. I was very pleased with last year's draft. However, I want to see some free agent magic on TE, or Randy Moss. On D, we need another Safety to start. Plus we need some depth in several areas, notably RB, OL, and DBs. We'll see what happens this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts