Are the Pack really going to be that bad??

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
uhhhh......again. Who exactly belongs in NFL Europe sir?

Jason Horton. I'm sorry, every time that guy steps on the field he gives up a touchdown, he is clearly not suited to play in the NFL. If Thompson allows him to take the field, he's not doing his job right

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
But if you have that kind of opinion of this Packer team , The USA has freedom of speech . "Be my guest". I reserve my right to come up with a forecast much later in the year, perhaps after training camp in August. But we still might not have accurate a "read" on this team until it get some actual NFL games played that count.

As old saying goes "that's why they play the games"

PWT I am sorry to be so critical, but that is my poit of view.

Thanks for this last paragraph, we all want this team to win, but we should be entitled to have different oponions, by the way I will be very happy, I may say extremelly happy to remind this paragraph later in the season if you are right, I will gladly apology for seeing things so bad, really I hope you are right and I am wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DePack said:
SuperRat said:
I agree with most of those points but Ryan Pickett is a upgrade over Grady Jackson because he is an every down player, isn't overweight, and is fairly young. Also Marquand Manuel has one interception return for a touchdown in the playoffs, and every Seahawks fan I talked to didn't want him to leave so I trust the fan's opinions of him. And that track star reciever, I don't remember his name, will hopefully be a solid kick returner, but yeah he isn't proven yet and kick returners can always be found in late rounds of the draft or after.

Manuel's one int for a TD in the playoffs may have been the only int he has had in his 5 year career. He is not an upgrade. Hopefully he won't be a starter. I do like Pickett though.

He was a free safety his entire career, so that to me means his numbers would not have to be great...

Some teams might have other FS play differently, but in Seattle I think he was just put back there to prevent the long play..

I have seen reports that he is very well suited to play safety and WILL be an upgrade to Roman..

They guy did an AWESOME job filling in for Hamlin..

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
rundemc said:
pyledriver80 said:
rundemc said:
3-13
10 players away from being competitive

Uhhhh???
look at the roster half the team belongs in nfl europe

uhhhh......again. Who exactly belongs in NFL Europe sir?
carrol
ferguson
horton
whitticker
both olbs
klemm
peterson
james lee
bj sander
both of their kickers
etc...etc

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BJ Sander is as good as gone, Carrol is much better than any NFL Europe player, he can be a solid nickel CB, probably not to the level of number 2 CB yet but still. Whitticker was a decent rookie that has been gaining experience and peterson and james lee provide good depth for the d line. Klemm may fit better in the zone blocking scheme and provides decent depth for the line, horton is like a 5th string CB and there are 3 kickers now i think and a couple of them kicked as good as longwell did last season. Funny thing is, most of the players you mentioned are backups so it isn't like they are getting tons of playing time.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes! They are going to suck this year and for at least the next 4 or 5 after that. They are even worse off than when the season ended last year. Even if Favre comes back, it will be for no more than one season and they are not a good football team by any stretch of the imagination.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
BJ Sander is as good as gone, Carrol is much better than any NFL Europe player, he can be a solid nickel CB, probably not to the level of number 2 CB yet but still. Whitticker was a decent rookie that has been gaining experience and peterson and james lee provide good depth for the d line. Klemm may fit better in the zone blocking scheme and provides decent depth for the line, horton is like a 5th string CB and there are 3 kickers now i think and a couple of them kicked as good as longwell did last season. Funny thing is, most of the players you mentioned are backups so it isn't like they are getting tons of playing time.
what has carrol done that makes u think he can be a solid nickel corner?
how can u say lee and peterson provide good depth niether has done a thing
klemm is just bad no matter what kind of blocking scheme u run
whitticker is still miles away from being a decent starter
cundiff is the best of the kickers they brought in and dallas cut him twice and its easier to kick in dallas than in green bay especially once november and december come

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts