Are Larry Fitz and Rodgers close?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I don't know about this.

I mean, yeah I hate Finley, but the guy is just a freak of nature. He really hasn't done anything too terrible. If he turns into a locker room problem eventually, he'll have to go.

A standout TE is one of the most valuable weapons a football team can have. We already have some pretty good firepower in the WR's that we have now, and to top that off with Finley, and Rodgers at the helm, our offense should be unstoppable. TE's are really good on possession downs to move the chains, I think he's just too valuable to get rid of, unless he gives us a really good reason.

Tight Ends, when utilized properly (and expecially with more than one) are a 3-4 killer.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly? Yes.

Wait until Quarless drops a big pass tomorrow to judge me.

I hated how we forced the ball to Finley all the time when he was in. I actually think our offense flows better now than when Finley was playing. But its more of an offensive adjustment than a knock on Finley.

I would like to trade flynn for kyle williams of buffalo. might need to throw in a 3rd rounder for that though.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Yes, Finley has all the potential in the world...

Only problem is you have to be on the field to see it realized. For as much of a physical freak that people say he is, he's like a ******* china doll.

No thanks.
I see where you're coming from here. In that respect, I'm fine with making a trade like this, but then we need to draft a TE with similar potential to Finley. I really don't like not having a TE. It's just that extra assurance of having a shorter passing game to get those extra yards. As SnowPlow pointed out, look at what it did for the Pats. I would LOVE to have either Hernandez or Gronkowski if it meant we could make this trade.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
So you truly think that Fitz is that much of an improvement over Jordy/Driver/Jones that he overcomes the improvement we get in Finley over Quarless?

I'm not arguing for Finley in particular, just a good, talented TE who can move the chains when our receivers can't get open or to mix up the play calling.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
So you truly think that Fitz is that much of an improvement over Jordy/Driver/Jones that he overcomes the improvement we get in Finley over Quarless?

I'm not arguing for Finley in particular, just a good, talented TE who can move the chains when our receivers can't get open or to mix up the play calling.

This. Even if they cover your receivers down field, a good tight end remains a threat that has to be defended against - and allows an offense to spread a defense and pick them apart.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes. Ask a Steeler fan. Sh*t, he torched us last season too with woodson on him most of the game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itUb_4ANexY]YouTube - Larry Fitzgerald- Fly Away[/ame]

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, I do. Fitz is unreal, simply put. We can get another TE that would be more than serviceable for us. Maybe one who can block and catch the ball, unlike Finley. Finley is basically just another receiver. I would like someone more along the lines of a Heath Miller or a Brent Celek. A TE that can catch, and block. I don't really care if we have the superstar TE, which I don't even think Finley is to be honest with you.

The kind of attention that Fitz would attract would be awesome. You have to chose, who do you take away, Jennings or Fitz? And to be honest, you never really can take Fitzgerald away completely, Jennings you can blanket and cover, because he's not a real physical guy, he's small. Fitzgerald you can double team him if you want but half the time he will STILL come down with it. He's not afraid to go across the middle and take on a DB, most times the DB doesn't like it none too much either just because he's so big.

The thing about Fitzgerald that is just so awesome is his hands. He catches freaking EVERYTHING.

I would take Fitzgerald over Finley in our offense every day of the week. No questions asked.

Reaction score
It would be amazing to see Fitz in Green Bay. That guy is never going to do anything unless there is a quality QB to get him the ball. He's already expressed his frustration.

As for Finley, all he does is tweet about going to IHOP, eating steak and spare ribs, and complaining about not being in the picture. Barnett is even worse. They don't need to be in GB in order for the team to be productive. I say drop them and get some more pics or a FA.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give them Flynn, Finley and Barnett for Fitz.

Done.

Actually, I think we would be on the short end on that one...

But maybe not. Thing is, Flynn will walk at the end of next season, he's a FA and want's to be a starter, Barnett won't be back next year so let's get something for him while we can. And Finley, he's going to want to get paid a stupid sum of money based off of his mouth and potential, so let someone else deal with him.

And we get Fitzgerald. Soft spoken, works his *** off, doesn't run his mouth, stays healthy and produces like a son of a *****.

Do it. Where do I sign?

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Finley haters:
Who cares what he tweets, in an interview with Rich Eisen before the season, he was discussing fantasy production with A-Rod, and Rodgers was all about telling him to take Finley too. Which to me says our QB loves his TE, regardless of what you think, look at Finleys numbers in the early part of the season prior to getting injured, he was better than most WR in the league at that point. Quarless hasn't got the balls to go hard at the defense, he needs to become a much better TE before we entertain shipping Finley.

If A-Rod loves him, I love him.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Finley haters:
Who cares what he tweets, in an interview with Rich Eisen before the season, he was discussing fantasy production with A-Rod, and Rodgers was all about telling him to take Finley too. Which to me says our QB loves his TE, regardless of what you think, look at Finleys numbers in the early part of the season prior to getting injured, he was better than most WR in the league at that point. Quarless hasn't got the balls to go hard at the defense, he needs to become a much better TE before we entertain shipping Finley.

If A-Rod loves him, I love him.

I don't. To be honest, our offense took off when he left. Rodgers was not a good QB this season when Finley was in the game. He had an obsession with him and forced the ball to him when he had others like Jennings/Jones/Nelson running free and Finley was double covered and even triple covered. Jennings was pissed, and rightfully so. He was beating his man play after play, and badly, and Rodgers just didn't see him. He's got his vision back now that Finley is gone.

Reaction score
I don't. To be honest, our offense took off when he left. Rodgers was not a good QB this season when Finley was in the game. He had an obsession with him and forced the ball to him when he had others like Jennings/Jones/Nelson running free and Finley was double covered and even triple covered. Jennings was pissed, and rightfully so. He was beating his man play after play, and badly, and Rodgers just didn't see him. He's got his vision back now that Finley is gone.

This. I can already hear Finley complaining next year that he doesn't get the ball enough now that Rodgers has opened the field up and gained confidence.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am fine with getting rid of Finley *IF* he becomes a T.O. and hurts the locker room, however, at this point, I have not heard any players come out against him. Until then, he will be vital to us moving the ball.
Rodgers goes to him often because he catches the ball! Insane hands, even with tight coverage. It's a trust thing. Fitz has amazing hands too, some of the best I have ever seen, but I really don't think we will even try to get him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much do you think we would honestly get if we trade Finley when everyone in the league realizes he is TO like? Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder? greeeeeat. Lets move him now and make the most of it.

Members online

Latest posts