Are Larry Fitz and Rodgers close?

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From twitter he seems pretty fond of Greg Jennings. "my good friend & new to twitter, @GregJennings who I want to see have the game of his life on sunday!" thats a quote from Fitzgerald today. Aaron Rodgers I'm not sure.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Maybe we can get Fitz here for dirt cheap because he's friends with Jennings and/or Rodgers, and then we can get Nnamdi Asomugha here for dirt cheap as well because he's friends with CWood.

We'd be like the damn Miami Heat. :icon_lol:

patsfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron did hang out with larry in the off season.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIEKsr-J1a0"]YouTube - Greg Jennings, Aaron Rodgers, Larry Fitzgerald bowl in Kzoo[/ame]

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we can get Fitz here for dirt cheap because he's friends with Jennings and/or Rodgers, and then we can get Nnamdi Asomugha here for dirt cheap as well because he's friends with CWood.

We'd be like the damn Miami Heat. :icon_lol:

We'd have better chance getting him to play for the Steelers- Him and Hines Ward go back years, when Fitz was playing ball in Pittsburgh in college. Matter of fact, he and many of the Steelers go back years, because there seems to be a connection between the college players and pro-

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd give up Finley and Flynn for him. Maybe a late round draft pick too.

I'm probably the only one on the forums that REALLY doesn't like Finley.

Re-signing Jones/Nelson. Driver will be gone soon, Jennings/Fitz/Jones/Nelson=Madness.

We could draft another TE, I just wouldn't at all be sad to see Finley go. He annoys the hell out of me.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Re-signing Jones/Nelson. Driver will be gone soon, Jennings/Fitz/Jones/Nelson=Madness.

We could draft another TE, I just wouldn't at all be sad to see Finley go. He annoys the hell out of me.

I'd pull the trigger on that. Any production you'd get out of Finley you'd more than make up for with Fitzgerald.

And you'd lose the annoying diva ****. Fitz seems like a class act all the way.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Maybe we can get Fitz here for dirt cheap because he's friends with Jennings and/or Rodgers,

Arizona will want at a minimum a 1st and 2nd round pick, and maybe a player, in trade for him.

I bet he ends up in New England. :happy0005:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Aren't you guys sick of winning? Let someone else be good for the next 7 or 8 years. :icon_lol:

14-2 doens't mean squat unless there is a Lombardi trophy at the end. Yeah, we may win games, but the season was still a failure. :frustrated:

Plus, we need a deep threat. You guys already have some of those - dont' be greedy :happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg and Larry work out together in the off season. You see them in AZ and MN time to time together.

Flynn, a 5th rounder, and Finley. Arod would put up insane numbers.

And no your not the only one who doesnt like finley. Love his production, hate his attitude and tweeting.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona will want at a minimum a 1st and 2nd round pick, and maybe a player, in trade for him.

I bet he ends up in New England. :happy0005:

Big contract in NE? I dont know about that, I thought Tom was the only one who got paid up there.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Big contract in NE? I dont know about that, I thought Tom was the only one who got paid up there.

I think Fitz just wants a QB that can actually get the ball to him, and wants to play for a winner.

So, either GB or New England (and a few other teams) would be a good fit for him.

Big contract? Who knows. He might take a smaller one for a chance to be with a contender for a year or two.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RE: the family resemblance, I met Rodgers' brother Luke down here in San Diego at the bar he manages (Aaron is a silent investor) in week one. Super nice guy.

As for them being friends, I know Jennings and Fitzgerald work out together in the off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers joins them from time to time.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Finley has all-pro talent potential, but is an all-pro arrogant ******* too. I'd love to see what he could do over the course of a whole year, but his cockiness has me worried. If we can get Quarless to step it up, I would totally be ok with trading Finley elsewhere.

As for Fitz, I would LOVE to have him in GB. He's the epitome of class, and with Driver getting on in years, he's be an awesome pick up. But, I doubt we get him. Someone else is surely going to offer him a lot more.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets keep in mind Fitz is a huge viking fan (obvious reasons) so I dont know if he could willingly put on a packers jersey lol.

If I was an NFL player I would put on anything cept a bears or vikings jersey.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets keep in mind Fitz is a huge viking fan (obvious reasons) so I dont know if he could willingly put on a packers jersey lol.

If I was an NFL player I would put on anything cept a bears or vikings jersey.

He and his family is from Chicago actually.

They had him on Chicago 670 yesterday, the radio hosts were telling him they'd love to have him in a Chicago Uni, he didn't sound to cracked up on that lol. Was quick to brush it off. I can't say I blame him.

I will say I was amazed at how well spoken and intelligent he sounded during the interview.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He and his family is from Chicago actually.

They had him on Chicago 670 yesterday, the radio hosts were telling him they'd love to have him in a Chicago Uni, he didn't sound to cracked up on that lol. Was quick to brush it off. I can't say I blame him.

I will say I was amazed at how well spoken and intelligent he sounded during the interview.

No I dont think they are. Larry was born in the twin cities, was a ball boy for the vikings, and his father is a reporter for the Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder for like the past 30 years. Larry still has a house on a lake in the twin cities area and comes back to train in the summers.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I dont think they are. Larry was born in the twin cities, was a ball boy for the vikings, and his father is a reporter for the Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder for like the past 30 years. Larry still has a house on a lake in the twin cities area and comes back to train in the summers.

Hmm, just looked it up, yeah you're right...

They said on that radio broadcast I was listening to that he was from Chicago... Guess I should consider the source from now on lol...

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya him and Jennings are definitely really good friends, to the point where they have friendly competition with each other. In the playoff game last year they went out to dinner prior and talked about watching out for Woodson and DRC respectively. I know he isn't that out spoken on it, but I don't think he's happy in AZ anymore, because he wants to win championships cuz frankly he deserves to. And with no one to throw to him there, he won't do it there. I know he is on great terms with the management in AZ and they would be more than happy to make him happy. He isn't selfish, he was willing to give some of his paycheck to keep Boldin around when he wasn't happy, so maybe it isn't much of a stretch for him to come here lol.... I mean he obviously would want someone like Rodgers throwing to him... Oh well we can dream can't we..

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

I don't know about this.

I mean, yeah I hate Finley, but the guy is just a freak of nature. He really hasn't done anything too terrible. If he turns into a locker room problem eventually, he'll have to go.

A standout TE is one of the most valuable weapons a football team can have. We already have some pretty good firepower in the WR's that we have now, and to top that off with Finley, and Rodgers at the helm, our offense should be unstoppable. TE's are really good on possession downs to move the chains, I think he's just too valuable to get rid of, unless he gives us a really good reason.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about this.

I mean, yeah I hate Finley, but the guy is just a freak of nature. He really hasn't done anything too terrible. If he turns into a locker room problem eventually, he'll have to go.

A standout TE is one of the most valuable weapons a football team can have. We already have some pretty good firepower in the WR's that we have now, and to top that off with Finley, and Rodgers at the helm, our offense should be unstoppable. TE's are really good on possession downs to move the chains, I think he's just too valuable to get rid of, unless he gives us a really good reason.

So you would rather have Finley in the game tomorrow than Fitz?

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about this.

Yes, Finley has all the potential in the world...

Only problem is you have to be on the field to see it realized. For as much of a physical freak that people say he is, he's like a ******* china doll.

No thanks.

Members online

Latest posts