April 19th Mock Draft

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a projected draft that would be just fine by me. Worthy, Irvin, Blake and Minnifield? Yes to all 4. I don't know about trading for Hughes. He has underperformed so badly, although I realize that part of the reason for that is that he is playing out of position as DE. He could be worth the risk.

I think Jules had some thoughts about Hughes sometime back.

I think that as far as glaring need, Worthy and Irvin would be huge additions to the Packer defense.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You and Hughes, Rizzo. smh... McCants and McCray were good picks, but why Ganaway and Smelley? From what I hear they both project as FB.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sold on Worthy but do like the idea of an Interior D-lineman early so it could be worse. But then I just saw Yahoo mock and they have us taking McLellan with Hightower going next to NE and I seriously doubt that would happen.
I would say if by the end of the draft all these guys were with the Packers the roster would certainly be improved where it needs help. Worthy, Hargrove, Raji, CM3, and Hughes getting after the QB would be fun to watch, eh? Would like to see teams try and stop that bunch.

I will also add that I would prefer L. Green, TE, over Minniefield. He has more upside and less injury concern. Both project to go in late in the 3rd. Rodgers would have a field day with a 6-6 TE on one side with Nelson, and Finley and Jennings on the other. Geesh. That would be unfair.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Worthy-Irvin-Blake picks. My only change would be to draft a RB in the 4th round as
I think the talent drops off after that round, but it of course depends on who is still available.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You and Hughes, Rizzo. smh... McCants and McCray were good picks, but why Ganaway and Smelley? From what I hear they both project as FB.
I watched Ganaway at Baylor a lot, and did you see him in the Bowl game? He carried them to the victory. That was no fullback. Reminds me a lot of the big brusing Terrell Davis coming out of Georgia... a round 5 pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts