Anyone worried about the rust of not playing in awhile?

L

Lunchboxer

I was kinda hoping Rodgers would of played some part of that game sunday to keep him active.

Im worried about the rust of Rodgers of not playing in few weeks. Remember last year The Falcons where #1 seed and Matty Ice looked like crap that game.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well if he looks like crap bench him and put Flynn in.

I'm kidding, but seriously, if he happens to be having a horrible game, I wonder if they'd consider it? Since he's proven he can play at a very high level. I can't imagine it happening, but what if they did?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember what happened when Rodgers sat out of the New England game last year then played the Giants? Yeah.

L

Lunchboxer

Remember what happened when Rodgers sat out of the New England game last year then played the Giants? Yeah.

That was only 1 game.

Hes missing 3 weeks. Week 16 last game.

I hope MM has some good Hard hitting Practices keep him active.

Im not having much fath in the D fence. I think he will be fine but its something to note.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping Rodgers would of played some part of that game sunday to keep him active.

Im worried about the rust of Rodgers of not playing in few weeks. Remember last year The Falcons where #1 seed and Matty Ice looked like crap that game.

I still think of Cybill Shepherd any time I hear anyone call Matt Ryan "Matty" (which is a stupid nickname if there ever was one).

Last year the Falcons ran head on into a team on a mission and he has always been a little over rated IMO anyway. I'm not worried a bit about Rodgers. He has never shown anything to indicate that I should be.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is more of how you get into a rythm during the game. MM knows how to get a QB in rythm by calling right plays at the right time. Did Matt Flynn show any rust? He had not played in a game for over a year and he only practises with the second team. How do you explain him putting up bunch of yards and TD's against a good defense?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Matt Flynn had Rodgers calling plays for the first half so that made up for the rust and he did look a little rusty -- his first series ended in a sack/fumble. I also think that is why MM had Rodgers call the first half -- to keep him in the preparation, in the game, and in a rhythm.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Do people really believe in the "Rust" thing?You know, this team was the last in the league to start practices before pre-season and I don't think it effected them at all, well the offense that is, the defense that's another story.

The 49ers benched their starters at the end of the '94 season, and lost the season finale with their 2nd stringers, but went on to win the Super Bowl.

I'm more worried about how god awful our defense is going to look in the post season rather than the rust on the offense. They have officially traded places with NE for the 32nd ranking overall.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more worried about how god awful our defense is going to look in the post season rather than the rust on the offense. They have officially traded places with NE for the 32nd ranking overall.
I am also worried about how damn cold it will be for the game/games.

If anyone here sat thru that Packers-Giants NFC Title game in 2008, they know the difference that a normal 20-degree day, and a -10 degree day can be, and what it can do to our precise passing advantage.

In 96 we had a great rush defense, and were able to run Dorsey & Edgar very effectively. These Packers are a lot different from those ones. I feel only the super-wicked weather can stop us.

To me, this is easily illustrated in tennis or golf and wind. When it's super windy, it evens things out a lot more, allowing an inferior player a better chance to beat the more talented player.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is one thing to be concerned with when you bench starters for an entire game and then have a bye week on top of that. But, and here is where I trust TT and MM implicitly. I don't think TT or MM would sit Aaron Rodgers or any other starter if they did not think those players were conditioned enough to be about to sit for 2 weeks and still come back sharp. I think it's a matter of trusting the coaches and the players abilities.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I am also worried about how damn cold it will be for the game/games.

If anyone here sat thru that Packers-Giants NFC Title game in 2008, they know the difference that a normal 20-degree day, and a -10 degree day can be, and what it can do to our precise passing advantage.

In 96 we had a great rush defense, and were able to run Dorsey & Edgar very effectively. These Packers are a lot different from those ones. I feel only the super-wicked weather can stop us.

To me, this is easily illustrated in tennis or golf and wind. When it's super windy, it evens things out a lot more, allowing an inferior player a better chance to beat the more talented player.

I've never lived in those conditions to really know how misreable they can be.

Don't know if we will ever have a cold game like that this season, but I'm worried about the defense. They got a few weeks to get it together and they better.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Do people really believe in the "Rust" thing?You know, this team was the last in the league to start practices before pre-season and I don't think it effected them at all, well the offense that is, the defense that's another story.

The 49ers benched their starters at the end of the '94 season, and lost the season finale with their 2nd stringers, but went on to win the Super Bowl.

Meh. Stats mean little to nothing now that the playoffs are here. All that matters is what happens now. Units can also step it up, it has happened before. The 2008 Cardinals rushing offense, the 2006 Colts run defense.....both were ranked 32nd in the regular season and stepped it up. Just a few examples at the top of my head.

Besides NE played a lot of average teams lately. The Lions offense with the Packers missing a few starters on defense is a lot tougher then the Bills depleted offense. The Lions game dropped the Pack to last in yards. No biggie, these stats don't determine a thing now in January. Step it up or go home for any team.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
One game off is not bad. Two is a bit much though. I think Rodgers will be more then fine. Just hope the o line and Jennings can jump in and take off where they left off when healthy.

It's not just Aaron. It's the pieces around him that have to be gelled too.

I'm not worried though really.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think A-Rod will be just fine,don't think he will be rusty okay maybe the first snap after that lights out,depending on weather,snow ice wind anything then our run game will step up Grant Starks even Saine they will do what it takies to win even d will step up just like last week,just wish when they have some body they tackle to keep him down go pack.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I would worry but considering how hot we have looked since week 1 I see no reason to stress it

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think Aaron will go into beast mode. He just seems like that kind of QB to me too. He brings his best for the playoffs and loves the challenge.

Now the run game/D has to join the party too. If the run game/D is even just middle of the pack (no pun intended) then the Packers will be near impossible to beat for 3 games which two being in GB and one on a fast track in Indy.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the rest between games will actually help us, we have a few injuries and the extra time will allow some of our guys to heal. :tup: