1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anyone worried about our ground game now!???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packers020802, Sep 14, 2010.

1. packerbob

packerbob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm very worried about the run game. The Packers are a passing team but I think you need at least a threat of a run game to keep the defense off balanced. Right now I think most teams don't respect their run game and will ignore it and tee off on Rodgers. In order to prevent him from getting killed they might have to mass protect. The problem with that is you're limiting the number of weapons thus making it more difficult to sustain drives. I think the lack of a running game is the result of poor run blocking with the exception of Sitton and Bulaga(if he's in the lineup) and the lack of an impact player at the running back position. I hope Thompson can get something done before the trade deadline. Right now it's a glaring weakness and could be the difference between a playoff caliber team and one that can be a legitimate Super bowl contender.
  2. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +578 / 31 / -20
    Packers ground game is BAD. The issue isn't worth discussing anymore since the trade deadline has passed. Only help to come would be from a street FA.

Home Nance matures VERY QUICKLY.
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

Why do people think the V Jackson thing meant all trades? It was a trade deadline for him to miss only 3 games..But now he misses 6

It is OCT 19TH
  4. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +578 / 31 / -20
    OK, the Packers have until Oct 19th to not trade for a RB.

I stand corrected.
  5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    OK, Mr. Negativity: Is there anything at all about the Packers you're complimentary of? All I see you do here is bitch and whine and piss and moan. Never do I see you say anything good about the team, or post anything useful.

Maybe we should put your name in a special shade of pink, since you complain more than a woman.

No offense to any of the lovely ladies on here.
  6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    If you've read any of the analysis on this website, you might realize we don't need to trade for a RB.

For what it's worth, the Packers are 14th in rushing, but 16th in passing. I'm surprised no one is over-reacting and panicking about that.
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,522 / 86 / -26
    funny how he had no response