Anyone worried about our ground game now!???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same place that gave TT GM of the year

Anyways

What about running game? does it stay same, get better, worse?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Worse... I don't see how it would getter better with Jackson replacing Grant. The best we could hope for is the status quo.

That is my initial reaction too...however might be a screen play a few times with him in..Grant I dont think is good that those

But vs the Bills we might not be able to get a goods gauge

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
For some Reason TT didn't listen to me and Draft Dexter McCluster
He never had a chance.

Taking Dex in the 1st would've been stupid and people would've screamed for Thompson to be hung by the neck until dead in front of the Atrium between the Curly and Vince statues at Lambeau Field. And KC never gave us a chance to take him in the 2nd.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so then if passing game gets better wouldnt that make running game get better? ( sort of pass to set up the run)
Well, statistically, it could. On the same line, if Bjax doesn't prove to be worth it, teams could do like the Eagles and fully committ to the passing game every single snap, which could make things more difficult to the passing game.

I just think, play wise, there's a dropoff. Grant is simply a better runner than Bjax, no way around it. He might get better stats if teams don't respect him the same way they do with Grant, but that will be more of a reflect of the quality of the opponent rather than the play of the RB per se...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to see some screens tomorrow..

Not sure why they dont unless the thinking is the o-l can execute them properly

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, what do you all think on his plays Sunday?
AWFUL.

BUT, he only had 11 carries, and didn't have more than 2 consecutive carries. No rythm whatsoever. Too early to make a permanent statement.

And let's not say that the Bills run D is awful. The Bills run D WAS awful in 09, just as the Packers D WAS awful in 08... They did give up 132 yards for a very good Dolphins rushing O, but to a decent 3.7 YPC...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Based on yesterday, I could see Jackson showing up to the first Minnesota game and rushing the ball 12 times for 5 yards or something.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they sold out to stop the run in order to force Rodgers to pass, after seeing Rodgers was off his game last week in Philly. No, we didn't put up a good showing, but as was already said, we didn't really feed him the ball much either. I think a couple of those plays he looked rather sharp on, but obviously others he stunk.

Anyway, I'm not gonna worry about how good or bad our running game is. I think it will be good enough to take the pressure off, but it's not going to be lights out. I'm fine with that, since that's how we're going to win anyway.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on yesterday, I could see Jackson showing up to the first Minnesota game and rushing the ball 12 times for 5 yards or something.

Jesus Christ man............don't say that.......our starting RB getting 5 yards in a dozen carries would mean a Packers loss!

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so after almost 3500 views and over 100 comments I'm gonna go ahead and say that the majority of GB fans are worried about Green Bays run game. Sure we made it by Buffalo but what happens when we start to play good teams with elite run stopping defenses....

?

go bj go i guess

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so after almost 3500 views and over 100 comments I'm gonna go ahead and say that the majority of GB fans are worried about Green Bays run game. Sure we made it by Buffalo but what happens when we start to play good teams with elite run stopping defenses....

?

go bj go i guess

You come to that conclusion exactly how? There's been just as many people commenting that AREN'T worried about our run game as there are people who seem overly concerned.

Frankly, I see no reason to be worried. Tons of evidence has been provided through the various threads proving that a top tiered run game doesn't mean playoffs or championships.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What are these numbers?

Our 1st 6 games in 07 rushing totals..The 121 was a loss to the Bears

So please just stop the panicking

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really man.. You do know we would be playing against Favre?

You do know what the chances of winning a game with the starting RB running 5 yards in 12 carries are don't you? You do know that the Vikings swept us last year don't you? You do know that Favre has another 10 guys on offense don't you? Another 11 on defense (Starters)? Be a little realistic. I am sure you are just kidding around though.

Jackson will do better (I am hoping) than he did last week against the Bills. But if we have 5 yards rushing from our starting RB we are way behind and playing football like we were in the 2nd quarter of the Bills game.

Irish-Sweetness

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We feel pretty good about about your run game. The fact that you can't run against anyone else is one thing, but trying to do it against the NFL's #1 run defense should be funny. Rodgers forced to pass all night? Ouch. He's gonna get Peppered !!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We feel pretty good about about your run game. The fact that you can't run against anyone else is one thing, but trying to do it against the NFL's #1 run defense should be funny. Rodgers forced to pass all night? Ouch. He's gonna get Peppered !!
Yes, the #1 run D after all those 2 weeks... We don't mind, though. IT's not Bjax who's gonna shred your D. It's a certain Mr. Rodgers.

And about being "peppered", 1 sack in 2 weeks isn't very impressive.

How about 6?

:chisux:

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers is overrated by the bears, yea hes good, but hes not even as good as jared allen..who isnt very good. peppers was good like 3 years ago with carolina

Members online

Latest posts