Anyone worried about our ground game now!???

Core

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the game a few time again, BJackson looks to me like somone who wasent that happy to be on the field. On several running plays, he ran up behind a lineman where he remained in hiding, clutching the ball (with his eyes closed - inserted for dramatic purposes) until he was tackled for a loss. Furtheremore, in the close-ups, he didnt really look comfitable at any point.

Im not worried yet, but he better grow a pair real fast because he and we are going to need them.

I like Kuhn alot more and I hope that he will get a good size of the carries. He makes defenders scramble for cover with his 'no guts, no glory' approach.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not panicing nor complaining. I still think GB goes 13-3 this year with or without Grant.

My problem is that Jackson never panned out, thus the need to trade for Grant. Now Jackson is the starter and being backed up by a guy didn't make an opening day roster. I realize Grant was a practice squad player, but not all practice squad players are future Pro-Bowlers.

I would just like to see established talent at RB.

You don't think Jackson could have improved since the time he was brought it to be our starter and now? McCarthy seems to think he has...

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jackson can carry the load, the kid has got a lot of talent and runs very well in between the tackles. Its not like he hasn't gotten reps the past few years. He's ready for this and I think he'll succeed.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the way you think

If this guy was soooo good, why did 30 other NFL teams not sign him?

Arian Foster.

Good thing no GM wasted a draft pick on that bum. Same goes for Miles Austin and Tony Romo.

Nominated for foolish post of the month.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wes Welker

James Harrison

Priest Holmes

Antonio Gates

Rod Smith

Jon Randle

**** Lane

Kurt Warner

Warren Moon

Jeff Garcia

Jeff Saturday

Adam Vinatieri

Pat Williams

Jason Peters

Sorry couldnt help myself

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm interested in the prospect of Nance. Mostly because he was the star RB where I go to school (Arizona State) for my first three years here, now its my senior year and he's in the pros. He used to be my favorite player on the team. I remember seeing him just plow through the line and burst to the endzone several times. And whenever he got a touchdown, he wouldn't even celebrate, he would just have this really serious/slightly mean look on his face, prompting me to always say "damn its straight business time for Nance". I had a lot of fun watching Nance play back then. Of course that was college and this is the pros...

Regardless, I think we'll be fine. We've got a couple weeks against some lesser competition to kind of test the waters with the RB's we have. I'm sure if TT and MM think we need a better RB to keep our SB helps alive they will do what's necessary.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got done watching NFL Replay and I gotta say, Jackson looked a little better than I remembered in the game. I think we're gonna be ok.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't think Jackson could have improved since the time he was brought it to be our starter and now? McCarthy seems to think he has...

I just don't know how much faith I could have in a guy who has never carried the ball more than 75 times in a season. The guy carried the ball 37 times last year for a 3 yard average.

He is the reason the Packers traded for Ryan Grant.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arian Foster.

Good thing no GM wasted a draft pick on that bum. Same goes for Miles Austin and Tony Romo.

Nominated for foolish post of the month.

You're right, we should focus on those guys instead of the other 150 undrafted Division I players who aren't drafted each year.

Also, are we really comparing Nance to Austin, Foster and Romo? The guy hasn't even taken a snap yet.

Who's post is foolish? :suicide_fool-edit:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was replying to the "30 other teams passed on him" comment you made regarding our signing of Nance, not about Lynch specifically.

I just find it funny that people are confident in a guy nobody heard of three days ago. All of a sudden Nance a legit running back. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I'm not ready to compare him to Arian Foster or Miles Austin.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just find it funny that people are confident in a guy nobody heard of three days ago. All of a sudden Nance a legit running back. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. I'm not ready to compare him to Arian Foster or Miles Austin.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. No one on this forum has said Nance is the next Arian Foster or Ryan Grant or Miles Austin. If anything, it's been correctly pointed out that you can find some gems in the unknown, and Ted seems to be better than most at finding solid talent in unknown places.

There's a reason why Atlanta, a team loaded at RB, fought to keep him. There's also a reason why Thompson wanted him, and while I know it's sexier to go after some big name guy you've heard of before, there's a reason why we chose this guy. Personally, I'd like to see what that reason is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this on August 23rd and everyone laughed....

anyone worried about gb's run game?
I know R. Grant is a top 10 RB in the NFL BUT....
So far this Pre-Season he has been so-so...
Our Oline's run blocking is iffy...
If Grant gets hurt its up to BJ and Lumpkin...

I know the run opens up our pass game but if Grant goes down teams can just drop 7 & 8 OR tee off on #12.

Anyone else have an opinion?

NOW 9-14-10, gb (1-0)
Grant gone for the season
how are we feeling about the rush attack now???????????

Yeah.
That's a good idea.
Worry about how the team will do based on PAST performance. (Sarcasm)

Teams can improve as the season goes along.
Giants beating the Pats in the SB anyone?

Sorry man.
But I'm getting sick and tired of these "The Packers are going to do bad because of...." posts.
How about taking it one game, one Sunday, one thing at a time?
Dude, like stay in the present.
'K? Thanx.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, we should focus on those guys instead of the other 150 undrafted Division I players who aren't drafted each year.

Also, are we really comparing Nance to Austin, Foster and Romo? The guy hasn't even taken a snap yet.

Who's post is foolish? :suicide_fool-edit:

your reasoning was that because he was undrafted he isnt worth anything. Clearly thats been proven wrong time and time again. I just assume from your post you didnt realize that any undrafted players ever made an impact before. Now you know.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your reasoning was that because he was undrafted he isnt worth anything. Clearly thats been proven wrong time and time again. I just assume from your post you didnt realize that any undrafted players ever made an impact before. Now you know.

You know the saying about when people assume, right?

I was just pointing out that the guy was undrafted and on a practice squad. He doesn't know the playbook and NOBODY on this board knew anything about him 4 days ago. I'd rather have established talent.

BTW, Nance (5-feet-10, 219) gained only 51 yards on 21 carries in the preseason.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know the saying about when people assume, right?

I was just pointing out that the guy was undrafted and on a practice squad. He doesn't know the playbook and NOBODY on this board knew anything about him 4 days ago. I'd rather have established talent.

BTW, Nance (5-feet-10, 219) gained only 51 yards on 21 carries in the preseason.

If you were pointing out that then why didnt you say that? instead of trashing him based on his undrafted FA status.

I guess you havent been paying attention to this board much as people did know him prior to the packers signing him. Believe it or not we have packer fans in Arizona.

Established talent? Oh like... Edge? or Shaun Alexander? Or you think we should trade for someone? Yeah lets try and overpay for someone that is 3rd on some teams depth chart that had a big name but is considered a bust.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you were pointing out that then why didnt you say that? instead of trashing him based on his undrafted FA status.

I guess you havent been paying attention to this board much as people did know him prior to the packers signing him. Believe it or not we have packer fans in Arizona.

Established talent? Oh like... Edge? or Shaun Alexander? Or you think we should trade for someone? Yeah lets try and overpay for someone that is 3rd on some teams depth chart that had a big name but is considered a bust.

I must have missed the ride on the Nance Bandwagon.

Hmm... I don't remember mentioning Edge or Shaun Alexander. I'm pretty sure both guys haven't played in over a year.

Lynch is 3rd on the depth chart due to his personality, not play. He rushed for over 1,000 yards in both 07 and 08. (FYI: 2,000+ more yards than Nance) He struggled in 09 due to a 3 game suspension. I wouldn't consider him a bust. A bust wouldn't have had back-to-back 1,000+ yard seasons.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have missed the ride on the Nance Bandwagon.

Hmm... I don't remember mentioning Edge or Shaun Alexander. I'm pretty sure both guys haven't played in over a year.

Lynch is 3rd on the depth chart due to his personality, not play. He rushed for over 1,000 yards in both 07 and 08. (FYI: 2,000+ more yards than Nance) He struggled in 09 due to a 3 game suspension. I wouldn't consider him a bust. A bust wouldn't have had back-to-back 1,000+ yard seasons.

Look at his yards per carry. I can understand why the Bills do so bad every year if they are passing up a 3rd round pick for him. Outside of Oakland I cant imagine anyone giving anything better

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at his yards per carry. I can understand why the Bills do so bad every year if they are passing up a 3rd round pick for him. Outside of Oakland I cant imagine anyone giving anything better

Why does everything always circle back to yards per carry on this forum? Yards per carry is why Grant is better than AP :think: ... LOL. RB yards per carry could also be attributable to horrible offensive line and quarterback play too.

Very excited... Nance had a sub 3 yards per carry in the preseason!

Members online

Latest posts